Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2015 Toyota Camry facelift

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-14, 06:54 PM
yowps3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UZJ100GXR
In the Middle East we have 2015 Camry's that look exactly like the the previous model, no changes... I'm guessing they will bring it out next year here..i hope we get the US version, most people seem to have positive feedback about it.

The one in Russia will end up being the Aurion here, as we get that as well. ( Camry in some Asian markets )

I barely see any Aurion's on the street and i honestly find the current Camry very dull and depressing, definitly not a sight for sore eyes... The new one is a huge improvement and i hope to see it on the roads very soon.
That's actually not the case as I just got news that the Aurion facelift will not be based on the Russian model.
Old 08-26-14, 07:23 PM
UZJ100GXR
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by yowps3
That's actually not the case as I just got news that the Aurion facelift will not be based on the Russian model.
http://www.caradvice.com.au/303974/t...s-2015-aurion/

Interesting...

Last edited by UZJ100GXR; 08-26-14 at 07:43 PM.
Old 08-26-14, 08:20 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Weird how the US Camry got every exterior part changed except the roof while it appears the global Camry mainly got the front end changed. Rear end and door panels look carried over. And no C-pillar add on.

Boy am I glad we got what we got. US model is way better.
Old 08-26-14, 08:31 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

The new Camry facelift reminds me of this ugly-as-sin Accord design from back in the day.
Was ugly then and still ugly today.
Old 08-26-14, 08:34 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by xioix
As Lexus is trying to go upmarket more, they need to start offering more options and let customers select the features they want like the Euro brands
Alas I'd love to see Lexus offer their L-Select globally

Old 08-26-14, 09:52 PM
pman6
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 97-SC300

This angle makes it look bubbly like the 2007 camry.

Old 08-26-14, 10:07 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 106 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
The problem with the ES is those rear controls aren't even available stateside which is a slap in the face to the US consumer..
why? just because?

Camry is executive car in these countries, this is why it has those options.... ES is not executive car in the US. Who is getting chauffeured in the ES?

Having options just because doesnt make sense.
Old 08-27-14, 07:55 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
The ES is an "entry level" Lexus with enough amenities and technology to keep it at a price point that is competitive. It's a top seller because it's approachable and affordable.

The ES, if more expensive, even if it is an option, will have far greater depreciation rates, and also cannibalize higher end amenities and technology that would otherwise befit "top end" cars such as the GS and LS.

A slap in the face to the US consumer would be to offer a $60k ES due to a $10k executive rear seat option.
I really disagree. Look at MB as an example. They aren't afraid to offer a $60k+ C Class, they don't feel having a C with those features takes away from the E or the S. Offering the consumer options is never a slap in the face.

People don't buy the LS over the ES because of rear seat controls. My GS has rear seat controls, why would they make sense in the GS and not the ES? Who is being driven in a GS? The ES has a much better back seat. And why would having rear seat controls make the ES cost $60k? My GS has them, side sunshades, etc etc and it cost $60k. If you had an ES with those features for low $50s I think that would make sense.

What makes the LS stand out from the ES is not features, its quality, architecture, etc. Those things won't change if the ES has rear seat controls.

People pay for quality. If you build a great, high quality, well designed, feature rich car...they will pay. Give the UL package ES improved materials, air suspension, rear seat controls and features...I'd pay $55k for one.
Old 08-27-14, 09:38 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
why? just because?

Camry is executive car in these countries, this is why it has those options.... ES is not executive car in the US. Who is getting chauffeured in the ES?

Having options just because doesnt make sense.
Because time and again there are many guests who ask how their passengers have control over their climate control. Simply they don't. They have two small vents that are controlled by the driver on both ES and RX. Families, realtors etc.. buy these cars meaning they have people in the rear all the time. We're not asking for massage seats, audio controls or a wine cooler here, just a switch I can raise and lower my temp and fan speed
Old 08-27-14, 12:35 PM
Motor
Lexus Champion

The New Camry builds on the bold, simple-yet-elegant exterior of the 7th generation model with more dynamic, eye-catching front and rear styling. The sheer strength of the new design is enhanced by subtle detail touches which reinforce the Camry's status as a prestigious, premium-quality sedan.

Toyota is launching the New Camry at the 2014 Moscow Motor Show.
Old 08-27-14, 02:12 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by pman6
This angle makes it look bubbly like the 2007 camry.
I found this immediately interesting when they introduced the '15. They sharpened all the edges with the 2012 redesign which was evolutionary from the soft edged 2007-11. After just 3 years, they go and soften all the edges up again.

This is a consistent trend in the Camry's history. '92-'96 was rounded. '97-'01 squared. '02-'06 kinda mixed elements.. '07-'11 mostly soft edged. '12-14 sharp edged. '15.. soft.
Old 08-27-14, 06:07 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Vh_Supra26
Kinda looks like ES taillights too me.

Actually more like the hyundai azera

http://www.fastanddust.com/images/hyundai-azera-2.jpg

Old 08-27-14, 08:27 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Motor
Liking the Avalon front-end, but the rest of the exterior is bland. Interior is nicely refined. Overall, prefer the '15 N.A. version.
Old 08-27-14, 09:29 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Some more news will likely come out soon from the Toyota Dealer meeting that happened in Vegas
Old 08-28-14, 04:03 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
I really disagree. Look at MB as an example. They aren't afraid to offer a $60k+ C Class, they don't feel having a C with those features takes away from the E or the S. Offering the consumer options is never a slap in the face.

People don't buy the LS over the ES because of rear seat controls. My GS has rear seat controls, why would they make sense in the GS and not the ES? Who is being driven in a GS? The ES has a much better back seat. And why would having rear seat controls make the ES cost $60k? My GS has them, side sunshades, etc etc and it cost $60k. If you had an ES with those features for low $50s I think that would make sense.

What makes the LS stand out from the ES is not features, its quality, architecture, etc. Those things won't change if the ES has rear seat controls.

People pay for quality. If you build a great, high quality, well designed, feature rich car...they will pay. Give the UL package ES improved materials, air suspension, rear seat controls and features...I'd pay $55k for one.
Problem is that most non-enthusiast car buyers don't recognize such things as premium unique platforms, RWD architecture, structural integrity/rigidity and other features under the surface. Such things are lost on them.

There's always the perpetual problem of a perception gap between car manufacturers/car enthusiasts who are educated and the mass car buying public who are not. No point in a car manufacturer spending billions engineering a premium RWD platform with high structural rigidity and then losing sales because Joe Public can't appreciate those niceties and only cares about how many airbags, enough rear room leg space, are there rear seating controls etc.

This has forced manufacturers to differentiate the models within their line-up with "superficial" features that the average man in the street can appreciate : like absence/presence of HIDs, auto-opening/closing bootlids, rear seat controls etc.

That's the reason why Lexus has no rear seat controls in the US ES while the GS does : to force mainstream consumers to recognize the underlying reality ( which would otherwise be lost on them) that the GS is simply a more premium and special platform. ( and also allow USA Lexus to charge more for the GS and LS).

Last edited by natnut; 08-28-14 at 09:43 AM.

Quick Reply: 2015 Toyota Camry facelift