Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2015 Toyota Camry facelift

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-14, 08:11 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The pseudo-window extension in the C-pillar is also found in the Mazda 6.

Anyways, I don't know about the fad.

Due to safety regulations, I see that both the A and C pillars of cars will become thicker in the future.

Gotta design around it. Designers have to design around engineering. It ain't the other way around...
Old 08-19-14, 09:56 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT

Anyways, I don't know about the fad.

Due to safety regulations, I see that both the A and C pillars of cars will become thicker in the future.

Gotta design around it. Designers have to design around engineering. It ain't the other way around...
I don't fully agree. A faulty design in the engineering could negate that. I believe you need equilibrium between the two, and life in general
Old 08-19-14, 09:56 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Lex2InfiN
So sick of these stale designs from Toyota. The sport grille looks ok but the overall shape and style is just too bland for 2015. I agree the rear end looks like the ES from 2002 (it does). With all their money and resources, you mean to tell me they couldn't come up with a more interesting rear end? Although still, nothing is worse than the current Corolla (insert vomit icon here).
When it comes to the front design - on one hand, people say it is outrageous front end on the other some think it is just "ok".
For family vehicle, it is pretty outrageous looking front and overall very nice design.

As to the back, Obviously people dont really agree because they are buying a ton of them and besides, you rarely see good back design these days, something that many luxury brands forget about, not just Toyota... plenty of MB and BMW's have forgettable or plain ugly rear design. So it is pretty base Toyota design, nothing special but at the same time many, many, many other brands have same "problem".

I think side profile is pretty good for family car. For instance, Mazda has nicer shape but also that shape has a lot of problems for family vehicle - small trunk opening and tighter read headroom.

In any case, facelift made Camry look a lot nicer than before, and it was best selling vehicle before... interior does not have much changes, just materials so If I was to complain about anything it would not be exterior design but interior one.

Last edited by spwolf; 08-19-14 at 10:11 AM.
Old 08-26-14, 01:00 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Global Toyota Camry facelift revealed in Moscow

Features revised styling inside and out

Following a preview earlier this month, Toyota has officially unveiled the facelifted global Camry.

Looking significantly more aggressive than its predecessor, the model adopts a bold front fascia with a slender grille that is flanked by LED-infused headlights. The model also has a massive air intake, rectangular fog lights and a new rear bumper.

The interior largely carries over but we can see a new three-spoke steering wheel, revised instrumentation and an updated center stack.

There's no word on specifications but engine options are expected to carryover and include a 2.5-liter four-cylinder and a 3.5-liter V6.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11408268...aled-in-moscow
Old 08-26-14, 01:12 PM
Hoovey689

For once I think I like our Stateside better
Old 08-26-14, 01:37 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
For once I think I like our Stateside better
Agreed haha
Old 08-26-14, 02:30 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Catfish look for Moscow / Angry Cat for U.S..
Old 08-26-14, 03:43 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

pro pics look better but still looks like it has double chin... US versions overall looks a lot better.

Of course, interior of Russian/Asian version is more impressive... features that will never be on US Camry.

Old 08-26-14, 03:58 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Impressive interior, we always get the shaft somehow, atleast the exterior on the U.S. model looks so much better than catfish mouth.. yea for Europe/Asia.. lol
Old 08-26-14, 04:09 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Originally Posted by spwolf
Of course, interior of Russian/Asian version is more impressive... features that will never be on US Camry.]
If people are willing to pay for a $45k Camry, it'll come.

But I doubt it. I really doubt it.

The ES however...
Old 08-26-14, 04:27 PM
Hoovey689

If people are willing to pay for a $45k Camry, it'll come.

But I doubt it. I really doubt it.

The ES however...
The problem with the ES is those rear controls aren't even available stateside which is a slap in the face to the US consumer..
Old 08-26-14, 05:03 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

The problem with the ES is those rear controls aren't even available stateside which is a slap in the face to the US consumer..
No. It's much more complex than that.

The ES is an "entry level" Lexus with enough amenities and technology to keep it at a price point that is competitive. It's a top seller because it's approachable and affordable.

The ES, if more expensive, even if it is an option, will have far greater depreciation rates, and also cannibalize higher end amenities and technology that would otherwise befit "top end" cars such as the GS and LS.

A slap in the face to the US consumer would be to offer a $60k ES due to a $10k executive rear seat option.

Give Europe and Asia their top end Camry. For the U.S, we need a top end LS, not a top end ES.
Old 08-26-14, 05:28 PM
UZJ100GXR
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the Middle East we have 2015 Camry's that look exactly like the the previous model, no changes... I'm guessing they will bring it out next year here..i hope we get the US version, most people seem to have positive feedback about it.

The one in Russia will end up being the Aurion here, as we get that as well. ( Camry in some Asian markets )

I barely see any Aurion's on the street and i honestly find the current Camry very dull and depressing, definitly not a sight for sore eyes... The new one is a huge improvement and i hope to see it on the roads very soon.
Old 08-26-14, 06:05 PM
Hoovey689

No. It's much more complex than that.

The ES is an "entry level" Lexus with enough amenities and technology to keep it at a price point that is competitive. It's a top seller because it's approachable and affordable.

The ES, if more expensive, even if it is an option, will have far greater depreciation rates, and also cannibalize higher end amenities and technology that would otherwise befit "top end" cars such as the GS and LS.

A slap in the face to the US consumer would be to offer a $60k ES due to a $10k executive rear seat option.

Give Europe and Asia their top end Camry. For the U.S, we need a top end LS, not a top end ES.
Needs to be an option. The way Lexus 'builds by region' would mean it's special order anyway so it won't matter much to depreciation on the grand scale of things.

Besides it's just rear seat controls from the arm rest, no biggie compared to an 'executive' package they would not offer on the ES like they do the LS anyway

You need more differentiation and the ES and RX are prime candidates for better materials and more luxury ammentities. At some point you gotta let this value thing go and elevate (thankfully Lexus seems to be doing that), even if they jacked up the prices a bit with better pieces they'd still come in cheaper than their Euro counterparts.

Last edited by Hoovey689; 08-26-14 at 06:11 PM. Reason: spelling :p
Old 08-26-14, 06:34 PM
xioix
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Needs to be an option. The way Lexus 'builds by region' would mean it's special order anyway so it won't matter much to depreciation on the grand scale of things.

Besides it's just rear seat controls from the arm rest, no biggie compared to an 'executive' package they would not offer on the ES like they do the LS anyway

You need more differentiation and the ES and RX are prime candidates for better materials and more luxury ammentities. At some point you gotta let this value thing go and elevate (thankfully Lexus seems to be doing that), even if they jacked up the prices a bit with better pieces they'd still come in cheaper than their Euro counterparts.
As Lexus is trying to go upmarket more, they need to start offering more options and let customers select the features they want like the Euro brands

Quick Reply: 2015 Toyota Camry facelift