Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2015 Mazda CX-5 facelift spied in Germany

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-14, 12:11 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2015 Mazda CX-5 facelift spied in Germany

Click here to view more photos

Could be introduced later this year

The Mazda CX-5 was introduced nearly four years ago, so the company is preparing a minor facelift for their entry-level crossover.

Caught undergoing testing in Germany, the facelifted model looks instantly recognizable but appears to adopt a new front bumper, a revised grille and restyled headlights. Additional changes are limited but the camouflaged taillights suggest they could also see a minor refreshing as well.

Engine options remain unconfirmed but they will likely carryover from the current model. As a result, we can expect to see a range of familiar petrol and diesel units.

The facelifted Mazda CX-5 could be introduced later this year, so expect to learn more in the coming months.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11408137...ied-in-germany
Old 08-13-14, 12:30 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 580 Likes on 399 Posts

Rumors also had the CX-5 nav unit being replaced with the one that's currently in the Mazda3
Old 08-13-14, 01:10 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

It's been 4 years already?! The CX-7 was a flop and unreliable but the CX-5 has proven to be a catalyst for Mazda. Since then a new 3, 6 and soon a new MX-5 !
Old 11-09-14, 08:44 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Facelifted 2016 Mazda CX-5 Spills Onto The Web [New Photos]

Click here to view more photos

Only a week after brochure pictures of the refreshed JDM 2016 Mazda6 leaked online, the same has happened to the 2016 CX-5 crossover.

The scans depict the Japanese domestic market version of Mazda's CX-5, but we see no reason why the same aesthetic changes won't be applied to the global model.

These include a sharper front end with a new grille with five horizontal bars, angrier looking headlamp clusters and different fog lamp openings, plus new taillight graphics and alloy wheel designs.

That's all these brochure pages tell us (unless you can read Japanese, in which case, we're all ears), so we don't know if and what changed inside and under the hood.

Could we see it at the LA Auto Show later this month? It's possible, as we know that Mazda will premiere three new cars, one of which will be the smaller CX-3 crossover, so there's two more spots left (unless one of those is the MX-5 as a North American motorshow premiere).
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/11/fac...ills-onto.html
Old 11-09-14, 12:21 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Nice tidy and furthering current Mazda design
Old 11-09-14, 02:14 PM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice evolution for the CX-5

Originally Posted by Allen K
Rumors also had the CX-5 nav unit being replaced with the one that's currently in the Mazda3
Happy or sad?
Old 11-09-14, 02:27 PM
mordecai
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
It's been 4 years already?! The CX-7 was a flop and unreliable but the CX-5 has proven to be a catalyst for Mazda. Since then a new 3, 6 and soon a new MX-5 !
It's been only out since 2012 right? It will be 3 years in 2015.
Old 11-09-14, 02:27 PM
mordecai
Lead Lap

It looks even sportier and muscular.
Old 11-09-14, 08:54 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 580 Likes on 399 Posts

Originally Posted by TripleL
Nice evolution for the CX-5

Happy or sad?
Eh we've dealt with it could be worse but the new one should be a step up
Old 11-09-14, 09:07 PM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

I SO badly wanted to buy this. But to many things were going against it. Wind noise, thigh bolster seats were arching into my thigh and most importantly the Bose center channel was overpowering every other speaker and could not be defeated. Also one has to get in head first as I hit my head on the pillars if I don't. Arrr! We've been Mazda family all our lives. Them my wife learned Mazda used Ford engines and she was not even interested. Sigh. Good looking SUV though.
Old 11-10-14, 01:10 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Allen K
Eh we've dealt with it could be worse but the new one should be a step up
Ahhh got it, thanks.
Old 11-10-14, 06:25 AM
baddis es
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rxonmymind
I SO badly wanted to buy this. But to many things were going against it. Wind noise, thigh bolster seats were arching into my thigh and most importantly the Bose center channel was overpowering every other speaker and could not be defeated. Also one has to get in head first as I hit my head on the pillars if I don't. Arrr! We've been Mazda family all our lives. Them my wife learned Mazda used Ford engines and she was not even interested. Sigh. Good looking SUV though.
I just purchased a 2015 and haven't had any concerns with any wind noise, I did not get the Bose upgrade so really cant comment on that. I also didn't find the seats to be much concern, actually see them as pretty comforting...good support from my use the past couple weeks. This is the first I'm also hearing of the pillar issue, I'm 5'10" though so maybe a big concern if you're taller.

So far, definitely loving the vehicle! and the upgrades for 2016 are looking to be perfect for an already successful vehicle. dash update is the best change IMO
Old 11-10-14, 09:00 AM
Sulu
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by rxonmymind

The new Mazda drivetrains (SkyActiv) are Mazda engines and transmission, and are NOT Ford engines; soon Mazda will have no more Ford engines and transmissions. Ford dumped most of their holding in Mazda a few years ago which left Mazda in a question mark -- not knowing if it would survive without Ford help -- but they seem to doing well enough now with new, non-Ford designs and engines.
Old 11-10-14, 10:13 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 106 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Sulu
The new Mazda drivetrains (SkyActiv) are Mazda engines and transmission, and are NOT Ford engines; soon Mazda will have no more Ford engines and transmissions. Ford dumped most of their holding in Mazda a few years ago which left Mazda in a question mark -- not knowing if it would survive without Ford help -- but they seem to doing well enough now with new, non-Ford designs and engines.
thankfully they are much better off without Ford influence and doing their own thing. I just wish they find a way to crack US market, it is most important market for their vehicles.... their sales in Europe have gone drastically up but nobody makes (much) money in Europe.
Old 11-10-14, 10:23 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Ford has no more stake in Mazda..............so yeah, it's a pure Mazda effort now and all their engines (Skyactiv philosophy) are completely their own. I test drove a Mazda 6 with a 2.5 liter engine and wow, I was surprised at how this four-cylinder engine easily reached 5,000 RPM in such a short time. I had to be careful though since it was a test drive unit.

Still with that said, now that Mazda is on its own, the fate of a next-gen CX-9 is still undetermined. And for a few reasons:

1) The contract of Mazda with Ford for their 3.7 liter CYCLONE V6 engine is about to expire.
2) Will Mazda still be interested on developing their own in-house V6 engine using Skyactiv technology to power a top-of-the-line next-gen CX-9?
3) If not, will they seek to 'borrow' a six-cylinder engine from another manufacturer?
4) If they won't go V6, then the future CX-9 would be four-cylinder only. Would the 2.5 Skyactiv be enough to power it?

Quick Reply: 2015 Mazda CX-5 facelift spied in Germany