Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

$100 to Test Drive Lincoln

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-14, 05:39 PM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
Default $100 to Test Drive Lincoln

Don't throw away that card in the mail from Lincoln! New offer - $100 gift card for dinner for a test drive of the MKC or MKZ. You have to go to a website to validate, but it's worth the $100.
Steve
Old 08-01-14, 05:45 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Thanks! Been needing that nudge to get me to go try a MKC.
Old 08-01-14, 06:00 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

So it's up to $100 now? At the D.C. Auto Show in January they signed people up for $75 Master cards....for any Ford or Lincoln product. The year before that, it was $50....though I cheated, to some extent, and managed to get a $50 card from both Ford and Lincoln....used it for the F-150 and MKZ. (on second thought, it probably wasn't cheating, since both of the displays offered me a card, and their data base somehow allowed it).

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Thanks! Been needing that nudge to get me to go try a MKC.
It will be interesting to see your personal review of it (not an autoblog) is compared to mine. It's not a perfect vehicle by any means, but I don't think you will be disappointed. I sure wasn't.

Just a suggestion (though, of course, it's up to you).....since I reviewed a 2.0T FWD MKC (the only available at the place I was at that wasn't pre-sold), why don't you try a 2.0T AWD or a 2.3L AWD (the 2.3 only comes with AWD)? You might have to search a bit for an unsold one, though.

(and enjoy that dinner)
Old 08-01-14, 06:06 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
So it's up to $100 now? At the D.C. Auto Show in January they signed people up for $75 Master cards....for any Ford or Lincoln product. The year before that, it was $50....though I cheated, to some extent, and managed to get a $50 card from both Ford and Lincoln....used it for the F-150 and MKZ. (on second thought, it probably wasn't cheating, since both of the displays offered me a card, and their data base somehow allowed it).

It will be interesting to see your personal review of it (not an autoblog) is compared to mine. It's not a perfect vehicle by any means, but I don't think you will be disappointed. I sure wasn't.

Just a suggestion (though, of course, it's up to you).....since I reviewed a 2.0T FWD MKC (the only available at the place I was at that wasn't pre-sold), why don't you try a 2.0T AWD or a 2.3L AWD (the 2.3 only comes with AWD)? You might have to search a bit for an unsold one, though.

(and enjoy that dinner)
I will def try to grab an AWD tester if I can (as I personally wouldn't buy a FWD SUV - but that's just me)
Old 08-01-14, 06:14 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Desperation or ingenious marketing?
Old 08-01-14, 06:17 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Desperation or ingenious marketing?
Total desperation on Lincoln.
Old 08-01-14, 06:22 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Caddy did the same thing earlier this year with $100 to test drive any model.

A little over a year ago I got an offer from Lincoln to test drive any model and get a certificate for a pair of Maui Jim sunglasses up to a $250 retail value..

Got another one recently for $25 or $50 to test any Mazda.

This is something these brands, and others, do periodically to stimulate some interest..
Old 08-01-14, 06:41 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexBob2

This is something these brands, and others, do periodically to stimulate some interest..
Lots of people are going GaGa over both the last couple versions of the Mazda3 and the current new Mazda6. Mazda is obviously trying to pull in some of the hordes of Accord/Camry buyers....and, to some extent, is succeeding. A neighbor of mine brought home a brand-new 6 not long ago.
Old 08-02-14, 09:07 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Caddy did the same thing earlier this year with $100 to test drive any model.

A little over a year ago I got an offer from Lincoln to test drive any model and get a certificate for a pair of Maui Jim sunglasses up to a $250 retail value..

Do you like the idea? It is nice to get something for free, but the brand image suffers tremendously.

Something tells me that the new Lincoln is not generating any traction/interest in the compact lux SUV segment.
Old 08-02-14, 09:22 AM
jer
Instructor

Received 89 Likes on 67 Posts

After reading this I just went to the Lincoln website and signed up. They want to know what you currently drive, so at first I entered my 2004 RX. Got a message I did not qualify. Changed it to my 2014 RX and 'got invited'.
Old 08-02-14, 10:01 AM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

After carefully reading the card, the invitation for the test drive is for a 48 hr test drive. Interesting.
Steve
Old 08-02-14, 10:14 AM
96SC4
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

48 hour test drive??

Who's got a hot date this weekend? Hehe
Old 08-02-14, 10:21 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill

Something tells me that the new Lincoln is not generating any traction/interest in the compact lux SUV segment.
Well, right now, it is, simply by being new....and its novelty. You'll probably see the same thing this fall when the Lexus NX is finally released. Whether dealerships will still be selling them as fast as they can get them in six months or a year, though, remains to be seen. I've seen that happen before with several popular new vehicles......demand falls off sharply towards the end of the first year. So, we'll see.
Old 08-02-14, 12:36 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by jer
After reading this I just went to the Lincoln website and signed up. They want to know what you currently drive, so at first I entered my 2004 RX. Got a message I did not qualify. Changed it to my 2014 RX and 'got invited'.
That is pretty interesting that the 04 model does not quality but the 14 does. I wonder if Cadillac will qualify.
Old 08-02-14, 01:51 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Do you like the idea? It is nice to get something for free, but the brand image suffers tremendously.

Yeah, I like the idea of getting $100 or so for a test drive. Having an interest in cars, I usually enjoy driving some cars that I wouldn't normally consider.

I'm thinking this tactic must work to some degree or the brands wouldn't continue to offer them. The offers are usually for brands/models struggling for recognition in the market.

Quick Reply: $100 to Test Drive Lincoln