Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

People that go out of their way parking next to you...

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-14, 09:09 AM
Stormwind
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default People that go out of their way parking next to you...

So you park your car far far away at the end of the parking lot away from others but there will always be some a-hole that will go out of their way to park it next to you...finally a guy did something about it.

Old 08-01-14, 09:23 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

the funny thing is he didn't even but anything.
Old 08-01-14, 10:53 AM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Although I agree it's annoying that people will park right near you with a bunch of other open spots available when you TRY to park elsewhere, the guy in the video was annoying. It wasn't funny, and it would've been slightly more entertaining if the guy ended up hitting his car with that sign....
Old 08-01-14, 11:12 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Yeah the host will get his *** kicked one day if he keeps doing this...not a smart way to prove his point. I don't think truck driver even learned anything from this. He probably just thought some jack *** pulling some stunts.
Old 08-01-14, 11:26 AM
LexFather

Funny this happened to me last night.....I was in the GS with the baby and moved to the backseat to play with him and feed him. I was parked in the middle of the lot there were spaces all over. The space next to me was open but there was a Lincoln the next spot over.

A very old/beatup 2004 or so Ford Explorer drives by and next thing I know instead of parking in any of the dozens of other spots, he takes like 3 minutes to park in the spot next to me. And the Lincoln was parked right on the line so it was tight. That is what made it even more odd. The guy struggled and struggled and finally parked. He then looked over and noticed I was in the backseat watching. So then he has to squeeze out the car and not hit the door as he clearly planned to hit the **** out of the GS

Perplexing

Old 08-01-14, 11:36 AM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 186 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFather
Funny this happened to me last night.....I was in the GS with the baby and moved to the backseat to play with him and feed him. I was parked in the middle of the lot there were spaces all over. The space next to me was open but there was a Lincoln the next spot over.

A very old/beatup 2004 or so Ford Explorer drives by and next thing I know instead of parking in any of the dozens of other spots, he takes like 3 minutes to park in the spot next to me. And the Lincoln was parked right on the line so it was tight. That is what made it even more odd. The guy struggled and struggled and finally parked. He then looked over and noticed I was in the backseat watching. So then he has to squeeze out the car and not hit the door as he clearly planned to hit the **** out of the GS

Perplexing
There have been two separate occasions where I was sitting in the car waiting on someone and they still lightly hit my door. Luckily I didn't notice any damage both times. Some people are very inconsiderate.
Old 08-01-14, 12:58 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

so I guess there's really no logical explanation why this happens? or are people just that stupid.

Old 08-01-14, 01:54 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Friends, there are reasons why I complain about new cars that cheap out and don't provide either standard or optional body-side moldings. (a subject I am sometimes criticized for). I don't spend my time doing that to just hear myself talk.

Last edited by mmarshall; 08-01-14 at 07:32 PM.
Old 08-01-14, 02:00 PM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is awesome!!!
Old 08-01-14, 02:02 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by LexRuger
There have been two separate occasions where I was sitting in the car waiting on someone and they still lightly hit my door. Luckily I didn't notice any damage both times. Some people are very inconsiderate.
If you DO get minor paint discloration/scuffing, light thin scratches, or other marks that are not deep into the clearcoat paint layer, SCRATCH-OUT can sometimes remove them, though, of course, it won't undo an actual ding or dent. I highly recommend this product....and it is very inexpensive.

Old 08-01-14, 02:25 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

That was a funny video
Old 08-01-14, 03:32 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

The Porsche owner simply had to approach the guy and ask him why he parked beside the 911. That would have been a fruitful sting and honestly the million $ answer I would like to know, not the shenanigans he did.

Last edited by corradoMR2; 08-01-14 at 06:15 PM.
Old 08-01-14, 03:45 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
The Porsche owner simply had to approach the guy and ask him why he parked beside the 911. That would have been a fruitful sting and honestly the million answer I would like to know, not the shenanigans he did.
The only LOGICAL answer I can think of is that guy is MAYBE like the Porsche owner in the sense he doesn't want others to park next to him and ding his truck, thus he parks near others with that mentality hoping they'll be courteous around his truck?

If not, then I've no idea why he did it :I.
Old 08-01-14, 04:50 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

I parked next another black 2IS at Target the other day out in the boonies. Exiting my car I noted a cute asian walking my direction. I joked to myself it was her car I had parked next to. Went inside, came out, walked back to my car and sure enough there she was just leaving lol. I pointed at her matching car and gave a she smiled. Honestly I don't know the point of that story other than parking next to someone.. lol happy friday!
Old 08-01-14, 05:13 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do park to a nice car if there is few parking spots available, since they are wayyyy less likely to carelessly open the door and ding my car. >->

Quick Reply: People that go out of their way parking next to you...