Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: What's your next vehicle purchase color, assuming it's available?
White
46.67%
Black
10.00%
Silver
6.67%
Gray
16.67%
Red
6.67%
Blue
6.67%
Beige/Gold/Taupe
0%
Other
6.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Top Global Colors - What color will your next vehicle be?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-14, 01:09 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts
Default Top Global Colors - What color will your next vehicle be?

Considering the top global colors, namely White, Black, then Silver, will your next vehicle be one of these or something less common, provided it's available on that model?

Old 07-25-14, 01:42 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Cool infograph. White will likely be the next color though Obsidian is always a runner up if I can't pull the trigger
Old 07-25-14, 02:18 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Cool infograph. White will likely be the next color though Obsidian is always a runner up if I can't pull the trigger
I thought Obsidian was your love?
Old 07-25-14, 02:20 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Most likely white but matador red on Lexus has got me good
Old 07-25-14, 02:21 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
I thought Obsidian was your love?
It is, but I try to tell myself a white GS is acceptable
Old 07-25-14, 02:54 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

It is, but I try to tell myself a white GS is acceptable
Right! if memory serves me, you've been considering the NX too. Would you pick Eminent White as well on it and would it be an F-Sport likely?
Old 07-25-14, 03:47 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

What's interesting to note is the Luxury car/SUV segment in N.A. is most popular in black by a good margin at a whopping 33% followed by 21% for white. Yet I sense the folks in CL don't typically favor (or have) Obsidian in particular predominantly. Real-world observation however, I tend to agree on the black luxury vehicles as the most common color with MB (C, E, ML) most popular in black, in my neck of the woods.
Old 07-25-14, 04:13 PM
Hoovey689

Right! if memory serves me, you've been considering the NX too. Would you pick Eminent White as well on it and would it be an F-Sport likely?
Planning to lease a second car when these are released, GS/h/F and NX are most likely though I'll check out a RC too and CT (the latter I'd be paying only gas and insurance). NX makes sense because it's a different bodystyle and AWD perfect for Tahoe and my Germans. Tough, on the NX Obsidian, Atomic Silver and Eminent White I do like. F-Sport more likely though I don't find the non F-Sport offensive like some other non F-Sport Lexus's. In fact the sharp nose reminds me of a Mako Shark.

What'd you end up ordering your NX in? Ext/Int
Old 07-25-14, 05:07 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

I have only owned black cars. I love black, however, it must be metallic. The new atomic silver is my runner up choice and I wish lexus would include it in more models.
Old 07-25-14, 05:10 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Probably a pearl white.
Old 07-25-14, 05:25 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Planning to lease a second car when these are released, GS/h/F and NX are most likely though I'll check out a RC too and CT (the latter I'd be paying only gas and insurance). NX makes sense because it's a different bodystyle and AWD perfect for Tahoe and my Germans. Tough, on the NX Obsidian, Atomic Silver and Eminent White I do like. F-Sport more likely though I don't find the non F-Sport offensive like some other non F-Sport Lexus's. In fact the sharp nose reminds me of a Mako Shark.

What'd you end up ordering your NX in? Ext/Int

Yep, shark nose indeed, which is growing on me. So by December, you'll decide .

I have to firm up the color over the next two weeks for my rep to place the order of in August. I'm torn, hence all these color polls!

Torn between Atomic Silver/R.Red, Obsidian/R.Red, and Eminent White/R.Red. I definitely want the red interior since I wanted it in the IS, but USB prevailed and I "settled" for the black interior. This time, I will absolutely get my red interior, but exterior...

However, I believe to have had a breakthrough tonight on making a decision. It just dawned on me that the Chief Engineer of the NX owns and drives an MR2. Well.... my first car love was a white mid-engine two-seat runabout with red interior. Destiny is knocking on my door.
Attached Thumbnails Top Global Colors - What color will your next vehicle be?-mr2.jpg  
Old 07-25-14, 06:28 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

The Oyster/Pearl White and light-to-medium Titanium Gray Metallic (a little darker than silver) can both be gorgeous if done right. Otherwise, I find white/gray/silver/black to be as boring as my high school English classes.

Among the other shades, my favorites are purples (especially Amythist), Burnt/Sunset-oranges, Coral, Teal/Aqua, light Sea Green, the Lexus Matador Red, Black Cherry/Blackberry (very dark red), the bright Mustang Grabber Blue, bright lime-green, and the very light yellowish-beige color that Ford uses on the Edge and Lincoln MKX.

Here's my vote for the Best Luxury-Vehicle color of 2014/2015...the Lincoln MKC's Tahitian Pearl.

Last edited by mmarshall; 07-25-14 at 06:38 PM.
Old 07-25-14, 07:49 PM
VVRX
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am leaning towards silver though my wife's choice of matador red is close behind.
Old 07-25-14, 08:20 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by VVRX
I am leaning towards silver though my wife's choice of matador red is close behind.
Ford, GM, and Chrysler all sell a similar shade of the Lexus Matador Red....sometimes at extra cost. Chrysler calls it Inferno red, GM Crystal Red Metallic, and Ford Ruby Red Metallic. All of them are more or less based on the old Candy Apple Red from the 1950s....a shade that many aftermarket-customized cars of the era used.
Old 07-26-14, 12:16 AM
Hoovey689

Yep, shark nose indeed, which is growing on me. So by December, you'll decide .

I have to firm up the color over the next two weeks for my rep to place the order of in August. I'm torn, hence all these color polls!

Torn between Atomic Silver/R.Red, Obsidian/R.Red, and Eminent White/R.Red. I definitely want the red interior since I wanted it in the IS, but USB prevailed and I "settled" for the black interior. This time, I will absolutely get my red interior, but exterior...

However, I believe to have had a breakthrough tonight on making a decision. It just dawned on me that the Chief Engineer of the NX owns and drives an MR2. Well.... my first car love was a white mid-engine two-seat runabout with red interior. Destiny is knocking on my door.
Can't go wrong with any of those with the Rioja

Hmm I like destiny...

Quick Reply: Top Global Colors - What color will your next vehicle be?