Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: What should the next LS go after?
Something traditional like the Mercedes S Class.
75.32%
Something more sporty like the Jaguar XJ.
24.68%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Next Lexus LS (2018 model)

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-15, 08:22 PM
BrickHead
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I pray to God that rendering is not accurate. Otherwise it would be the most hideous flagship sedan..
Old 10-26-15, 10:10 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BrickHead
I pray to God that rendering is not accurate. Otherwise it would be the most hideous flagship sedan..
Of course it's not accurate, it's not even close.
Old 10-27-15, 09:28 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 108 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
Of course it's not accurate, it's not even close.
how do you know? front might be really accurate... overall it really does follow recent Lexus trends.
Old 10-27-15, 12:40 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The next LS should be the beginning of the next design language.

But I'm so surprised there hasn't been any leaks on this car.
Old 10-27-15, 01:07 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by blacksc400
The next LS should be the beginning of the next design language.

But I'm so surprised there hasn't been any leaks on this car.
predator is certainly not going anywhere... i expect with LS, rest of the car will be designed to suit predator grille, just like in the RX.
Old 10-27-15, 05:42 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
predator is certainly not going anywhere... i expect with LS, rest of the car will be designed to suit predator grille, just like in the RX.
I think the current LS fascia is one of the better implementations thus far for a classy appearance. That said the 5LS is bound to be more aggressive so I wouldn't doubt to see a more angry grill and body work this time around
Old 10-27-15, 06:19 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
I think the current LS fascia is one of the better implementations thus far for a classy appearance. That said the 5LS is bound to be more aggressive so I wouldn't doubt to see a more angry grill and body work this time around
i have a hunch that latest rendering is close to correct as they ever get... japanese mags start guessing designs well around 12 months before the introduction. There are too many right-done clues for it to be some crap rendering. But it is just a hunch without any real info...
Old 10-27-15, 07:50 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by spwolf
how do you know? front might be really accurate... overall it really does follow recent Lexus trends.
The front lights will resemble the concept teaser and the rendering I posted earlier, which is completely different than this render. The entire thing thus becomes a wild guess based on zero info, especially if they missed such an important and prominent detail.
Old 10-27-15, 10:08 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Here it is: http://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news...tor-show-36506

Last edited by Mr. Burns; 10-27-15 at 10:14 PM.
Old 10-27-15, 10:24 PM
Carmaker1
Instructor

Received 130 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Lexus LF-FC Concept

TOKYO, Japan, October 28, 2015—Taking center stage in the Lexus booth at the Tokyo Motor Show is the LF-FC flagship concept, a visionary new vehicle that offers a peek into the design and technology direction of the brand's future flagship sedan.

“Lexus wants to surprise and evoke emotion with its distinctive design and forward-thinking technology. For us, it is more than just a car, and we should exceed conventional imagination. The LF-FC expresses our progressive luxury and high-tech vision of a not so distant future”, said Tokuo Fukuichi, Lexus International President.

The LF-FC features a fresh new styling theme that embodies Lexus' “L-finesse” design philosophy. From every angle, the sedan is aggressively elegant, exuding the spirit of a grand touring vehicle. An evolved version of Lexus' signature grille with a new mesh design dominates the front, while floating “L-shaped” daytime running lights (DRL) extrude flawlessly from the front fenders. The rear is highlighted by striking new taillights that adopt the same floating theme as the DRL. When seen from its profile, the LF-FC's true character is revealed. The roofline flows from front to rear in the manner of a “4-door coupe,” suggesting that this vehicle isn't just meant for straight highways, but to also be enjoyed on twisty roads. The sporty 21-inch aluminum wheels with carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP) rims, add an extra dose of flair to what is already a dynamically styled machine.

The spacious interior of the LF-FC has been designed to wrap its occupants in a comfortable yet futuristic environment, while providing the driver with a highly-functional cockpit. The cabin has been designed in two sections, top and bottom. The top conveys a sense of openness, allowing the driver to concentrate on the road ahead without feeling constrained. When seen at eye level, the front seats seem to be floating. The rear seats have been designed for those who enjoy being driven, offering a reclining feature and plenty of head and knee space. High-quality aniline leather on the seats, doors and dashboard enhances the level of luxury of the interior.

Highlighting the new technology inside the LF-FC is an advanced human machine interface that can be operated by simple hand gestures, without the need to touch a panel or controls. A small holographic image on the center console indicates where the system can interpret your hand gestures to control the audio system and ventilation.

At the heart of the LF-FC is a high output fuel cell power system that energizes the rear wheels, and also sends power to two in-wheel motors in the front, making the LF-FC all-wheel-drive. This innovative drive system allows precise torque distribution control between the front and rear wheels, giving the full-size sedan exceptional dynamic handling and superior road stability. The strategic placement of the fuel-cell stack at the rear of the vehicle, power control unit at the front and T-formation configured hydrogen fuel tanks result in front and rear weight distribution optimal for a sporty sedan.

Using automated driving technologies, with elevated traffic environment recognition, prediction, and judgment function, the LF-FC provides a safe and efficient driving experience for its occupants and supports the vision of a world without traffic accidents.

Last edited by Carmaker1; 10-27-15 at 10:35 PM.
Old 10-27-15, 10:24 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Last edited by Mr. Burns; 10-27-15 at 10:34 PM.
Old 10-27-15, 10:35 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ydooby
The adjective "progressive" makes it sounds like something transitional, and in between the entry level and the top level, so I don't think it'll be the new LS/LC. Also, given the DRL being separated from the main headlight housing, it should be a sportier model (as seen only on the IS, GS, RC and NX). The mesh grille (which can be seen by brightening up the picture) means that it'll be an F/F-Sport model shown too.

So what is it? My bet will be on a midsize 4-door coupe to compete with the 6-series Gran Coupe.
Everyone else kept seeing it as the next LS, but I was the first to guess the correct answer.

Last edited by ydooby; 10-27-15 at 10:41 PM.
Old 10-27-15, 10:37 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Old 10-27-15, 10:49 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

its not quite as coupe shaped to be a 4 door coupe

Looks good, has the C pillar kink just like the current LS. I think this may be the LS in its 4 seat configuration, like the current executive package
Old 10-27-15, 11:00 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
its not quite as coupe shaped to be a 4 door coupe

Looks good, has the C pillar kink just like the current LS. I think this may be the LS in its 4 seat configuration, like the current executive package
No. Just look at the round roofline, the LF-LC/LFA-inspired taillights, and even more obviously the "C" in the name. This is 100% meant to be a 4-door coupe, not the stately next LS.

Last edited by ydooby; 10-27-15 at 11:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Next Lexus LS (2018 model)