Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: What should the next LS go after?
Something traditional like the Mercedes S Class.
75.32%
Something more sporty like the Jaguar XJ.
24.68%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Next Lexus LS (2018 model)

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-15, 05:24 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Most likely this will be the next generation LS. The SC will debut at the NAIAS (North America International Auto Show) or Detroit Auto Show...I can't wait...
Old 10-21-15, 07:57 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Don't get excited. Based on the GS-F and LF-LC it will take Lexus 5 years to make it available in showrooms.

Last edited by dseag2; 10-21-15 at 08:01 PM.
Old 10-21-15, 09:32 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cmk1

Ohhh snap:

Attachment 493689
Old 10-22-15, 12:41 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

I'd wager to say it's the overdue LS. I took the word "progressive" to mean "to make progress, or a progression of." All of which could be tied to carrying the LS to the next level. Or, it could not be.
Old 10-22-15, 07:04 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

merged the two next gen ls threads.
Old 10-22-15, 05:02 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Found this interesting....

https://translate.googleusercontent....O-AdHrvfhpgovw
Old 10-22-15, 05:29 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by jzqj55
I see a lot of talk about the glorious LFA it lasted 2 years because of inadequate demand. that would make it a failure. Lexus would have been better off spending the development money on keeping the LS at the top of the luxury car market
LMAO

Are you stating a fact that the LFA was a failure because you "heard some talk"??

It lasted two years because the supply was limited. What are you smoking man.
Old 10-22-15, 07:21 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

In those renderings it looks like Lexus' take on the Mazda 6. Swoopy lines like that look great on lower end cars, but they killed the sales of the M37 when it was introduced. Most buyers just don't equate them with flagships. We'll have to see.

Last edited by dseag2; 10-22-15 at 07:24 PM.
Old 10-22-15, 10:57 PM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
In those renderings it looks like Lexus' take on the Mazda 6. Swoopy lines like that look great on lower end cars, but they killed the sales of the M37 when it was introduced. Most buyers just don't equate them with flagships. We'll have to see.

Seeing the direction that Lexus is going(boy racing styles) perhaps Mazda should be in charge of styling for Lexus. A blend of Lexus engines with the Kodo styling philosophy of Mazda would be a nice pairing.
Old 10-23-15, 12:13 AM
mordecai
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm almost certain the renders from car magazines of future Lexus cars are almost always 100% the real deal with some minor differences (see the 4GS and 4RX). The headlight is almost very accurate. I just hope the body lines on the sides are not the same on the production version.
Old 10-23-15, 05:49 AM
Carmaker1
Instructor

Received 130 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
Ohhh snap:

So the headlight shape is somewhat similar, but we'll see if the whole car matches that. The rendering as a whole better not be representative of the 5LS, as it is not attractive and very much a tasteless regression. I trust the concept is much better overall and different from it. Ironically enough, the headlights are only tolerable design cues from that rendering.

These renderings were shown in 2011 of the 2014 IS, but one can see how close that even was at least with sedan.. Bear in mind, that the exterior design for the 3IS was established by the end of 2010. As we see, these others (except wagon) were shown to be different in reality than assumed by the artists.

This LS render does a disservice to the LS name and is one of the worst I've seen. Aside from the side profile and the headlights, it is questionable. These 2010-11 renders were terrible by comparison though, which proved to be pointless (was a facelift instead of redesign).

Originally Posted by mordecai
I'm almost certain the renders from car magazines of future Lexus cars are almost always 100% the real deal with some minor differences (see the 4GS and 4RX). The headlight is almost very accurate. I just hope the body lines on the sides are not the same on the production version.
That is not really true, in the least. As most of them are terribly off and the actual internal design effort from Lexus looks eons better. Japanese magazines do much better than American ones, who surpass that of European magazines. There were only two accurate renderings of the 4GS and 4RX, based on already publicly accessible spy photos and/or concepts (LF-Gh) as reference points. Prior to that (no prototypes or show vehicles), we were getting things like this in 2009-10 (4GS) and 2013-14 (4RX).

The first somewhat accurate render of the L10 GS, barely surfaced in February 2011, which was basically an enlarged CT as a sedan. The LF-Gh was barely unveiled 1.5 to 2 months later. After that and the prototypes, pretty much everything started getting more accurate.

That RX render, was the work of someone that had surely seen an AL20 prototype (with a blank taillight clustre) up close. The only inaccuracy on that was the taillight clustre, but the shape was accurate.

To be honest, I just realised that the 4RX front end was actually LEAKED back in December 2014, but none of us realised it. This Japanese magazine page had an actual spy shot of an uncovered prototype's front end, with the 5-star quality rendering following in February 2015.

They turned this:

Into this:

That white rendering was made less than two months before the production model unveiling with 740A (AL20 / 4RX) prototypes as a reference point. Not over 2 years earlier, as is the case with the 5LS. There are better renderings coming of the 5LS, but they will not be seen as creative in piggy-backing off of the preview concept.

Just look at this 3IS render from December 2012. Whoever at Quatrroroute came up with that was pathetically uninspired and lived under a rock, as nothing on it matched up with the XE30 prototypes running around. All despite the many spy shots and LF-CC prior to the NAIAS 2013 debut.

Old 10-23-15, 07:44 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 111 Likes on 82 Posts

Next Lexus LS (2018 model)-etevl4i.png

http://www.motoring.com.au/news/2015...ampaign=buffer

I would dig this
Old 10-23-15, 07:49 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
Well it's sure a looker, but it's too low and wide IMO. Looks like a sting ray shuffling along the floor... It's definitely going in the right direction style-wise though.
Old 10-23-15, 08:13 AM
doge
Formerly Bad Co

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If this is a teaser for the new ls, that means its only 5 years away !!
Old 10-23-15, 06:03 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 111 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by yardie876
Well it's sure a looker, but it's too low and wide IMO. Looks like a sting ray shuffling along the floor... It's definitely going in the right direction style-wise though.
rumors say new LS will be widest Toyota/Lexus vehicle ever... since Japanese usually have narrow vehicles due to narrow streets, LS was always narrower than competition which was a negative point always raised in Europe.

Quick Reply: Next Lexus LS (2018 model)