Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

MM Full-Review: 2015 Lincoln MKC

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-14, 08:45 AM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Let's pay attention to the moderator. He's right. We've argued this one long enough, and all made our points.

Back to the MKC, Does anyone in CL own or have regular access to one? (I know they are hard to get right now, but some may be in CL hands). If so, chime in.......let's hear what you have to report. Also, let's hear some of your shopping experiences, if you are currently looking for one.....if they are demanding full-list or willing to deal.
TrueCar offers are already more than $1,500 off MSRP for the MKC, so I highly doubt the MKC can command full MSRP.
Old 07-30-14, 09:09 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by pbm317
TrueCar offers are already more than $1,500 off MSRP for the MKC, so I highly doubt the MKC can command full MSRP.
That's probably nationwide, though........local supply and demand issues can also be affected.

The one I reviewed had just arrived, unsold (which is unusual right now for an MKC in the DC. area.) I asked about a possible deal (just out of curiosity). The dealership said they would bargain on it some (perhaps because it was FWD in this area where many SUV buyers want AWD)...although our winters are usually not as severe at those north and west of us.

I know the General Manager of the place, though (he was out to lunch during the review), and, as you note, if I had seriously bargained on it, I think I could have at least gotten the $1500 you mentioned.
Old 07-30-14, 09:17 AM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
That's probably nationwide, though........local supply and demand issues can also be affected.

The one I reviewed had just arrived, unsold (which is unusual right now for an MKC in the DC. area.) I asked about a possible deal (just out of curiosity). The dealership said they would bargain on it some (perhaps because it was FWD in this area where many SUV buyers want AWD)...although our winters are usually not as severe at those north and west of us.

I know the General Manager of the place, though (he was out to lunch during the review), and, as you note, if I had seriously bargained on it, I think I could have at least gotten the $1500 you mentioned.
It's based on specific geographies. For a Herndon, VA zip it quoted $2,200 under MSRP on an AWD MKC.
Old 07-30-14, 09:26 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by pbm317
I agree, it is highly doubtful that the MKC can command full MSRP. I doubt any Lincoln could attract MSRP.