Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2016 Chevy Malibu (Page 4)

Old 07-22-14, 06:56 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
The rear slope could be part of the disguise. Many of today's disguises also add a fake shape to the body.

To the above poster, Hyundai is (sadly) sticking with the sloping top and no trunk look. See the brand new Sonata and Genesis sedan.
Exactly. I bet they have changed the slope of the roof with the camouflage, but we'll soon see. If Chevy makes an Audi A7 for $35k I'll be the first in line.
Old 07-22-14, 11:36 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 152 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
Exactly. I bet they have changed the slope of the roof with the camouflage, but we'll soon see. If Chevy makes an Audi A7 for $35k I'll be the first in line.
Don't get your hopes up about it looking like any Audi. Chevy is stuck in the 60's and 70's with their dated, bar-through-the-center of grille look. This prominent feature is holding their entire line back, with the exception of the new Impala. Let's hope Chevy keeps the new trend going with the Malibu.
Old 07-23-14, 04:46 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
You can see by the angle of the rear window that the roofline is true.
Old 07-23-14, 09:34 AM
LexFather

Audi inspired style from those pics? lol

They had a damn hit with the first gen, the loaded LTZ I had for a few days was really nice, nice interior, good room, nice looks, nice touches and drove well. The 2nd gen seems like a step back but its not that bad, just not that compelling.

Old 09-11-14, 10:26 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default All-New 2017 Chevrolet Malibu Scooped in the Making

Click here to view more photos

GM is developing a new successor to the Chevrolet Malibu sedan with more space and sleeker looks, which should arrive in 2016, likely as a 2017MY.

The mid-size sedan segment in North America is a tough nut to crack, and GM painfully found that out once again with the 8th generation Malibu that was sent back to the drawing board for a quick facelift less than 18 months after its market launch.

One of the major complaints with the Epsilon II platform-based Malibu was the rear passenger space, which GM tried to partially amend with the 2014MY's revised front and rear seats.

While the new 2017 Malibu is believed to retain the global Epsilon II chassis, possibly revised, the prototype we spotted testing in Europe looks like it has grown in size featuring longer rear doors, which could point to a longer wheelbase for improved interior space.

The covered up prototype doesn't disclose the next Malibu's styling secrets, but we can clearly see the sloping roofline with the heavily slanted rear window that reaches deep inside the boot lid. Expect Chevrolet to give the new Malibu a similar front-end treatment as the latest Impala.

Under the hood, GM's 2.0-liter turbocharged four should be joined by at least one more force-fed gasoline engine, with the firm's 2.5-liter inline-four to soldier on as the base offering. A hybrid model is also thought to join the range.
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/09/all...u-scooped.html
Old 09-11-14, 10:42 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

MY17 is shaping to be big. Fusion is getting a major/minor too.
Old 09-11-14, 12:20 PM
T0ked
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is supposed to be a 2017. I don't think it's too soon for a redesign.
Old 09-11-14, 01:37 PM
Hoovey689

My point is both Chevy and Ford are going a bit upscale on these MY17 midsize sedans. Their upscale Buick and Lincoln counterparts need to be even better
Old 09-11-14, 02:31 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

It's official. We are witnessing one of the worst design trends to come to American in 50 years. Trunks are no longer the way with traditional sedans. Those who have succumbed: Avalon, 200M, Impala, Malibu, Genesis, Sonata, and I'm sure more to follow. How did this happen? U.S. and Japan's admiration for German cars in general, which happens to include lots of hatchbacks and compact sedans made to fit smaller roads and poorly built infrastructure? I don't know, but I don't like the feminine, metrosexual, compact car look on bigger sedans that are supposed to be stately. Beyond the weak styling, they aslo limit the angle you can wedge things into the trunk (like a bike) when it's open.
Old 09-11-14, 02:36 PM
Hoovey689

It's official. We are witnessing one of the worst design trends to come to American in 50 years. Trunks are no longer the way with traditional sedans. Those who have succumbed: Avalon, 200M, Impala, Malibu, Genesis, Sonata, and I'm sure more to follow. How did this happen? U.S. and Japan's admiration for German cars in general, which happens to include lots of hatchbacks and compact sedans made to fit smaller roads and poorly built infrastructure? I don't know, but I don't like the feminine, metrosexual, compact car look on bigger sedans that are supposed to be stately. Beyond the weak styling, they aslo limit the angle you can wedge things into the trunk (like a bike) when it's open.
Well the last time they tried something on their own we got the Malibu Maxx

Old 09-11-14, 04:34 PM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

That's funny you said 200M instead of 200C. The 300M didn't have much of a trunk lid either when it debuted in 1998.
Old 09-11-14, 04:42 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the correction. 200M is what I should have typed. The latest 300M is also boarderline guilty, for such a big car. And I forgot the worst offender! Caddy XTS.
Old 12-22-14, 01:52 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default 2016 Chevrolet Malibu to have a "groundbreaking design"

Promises to be one of the most dramatic GM models in years

We haven't heard about the 2016 Chevrolet Malibu but GM's Executive Vice President of Global Product Development has promised it will have a "groundbreaking design."

Speaking to Automotive News, Mark Reuss acknowledged the current model is a tad lackluster but promised the next-generation model will be a major improvement. He declined to go into specifics but hinted it will become one of the company's most distinctive and dramatic new models in years.

Those are some pretty bold claims but previous spy photos have shown the 2016 Malibu will have curvaceous body work and a dramatic rear end.

Little else is known about the car but it is expected to ride on an updated version of the Epsilon II platform and feature carryover engines.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11412228...reaking-design
Old 12-22-14, 05:04 PM
Hoovey689

2016 Chevrolet Malibu to have a "groundbreaking design"
Didn't they just say that about the 2016 Camaro and all it's shaping to be is sleeker? lol
Old 02-16-15, 05:38 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default 2016 Chevrolet Malibu spied without camo in China

Could be unveiled in April

The next generation Chevrolet Malibu has been spied without any camo while undergoing testing in China.

Chevrolet's mid-size sedan is about to reach its ninth generation which will bring a redesigned front fascia featuring slender headlights and an enlarged lower grille while the upper one will incorporate the bow tie logo. The rounded fog lights have apparently been eliminated and based on what previous spy shots have shown, strips of LED daytime running lights have been installed instead.

The side profile appears to be virtually identical to the outgoing model although the low-quality images don't provide a clear view of the car. Unfortunately, the Chinese spy photographers weren't able to snap pics of the rear end so we don't know whether the Camaro-inspired taillights are still there.

As a reminder, General Motor's Vice President of Global Design has previously said the new Malibu will adopt a Corvette-influenced design while GM Executive Vice President of Global Product Development said that we will be "blown away" by the car’s styling, adding that it will be "more true to what Chevrolet should be."

Little else is known about the new Chevrolet Malibu but reports are indicating it will use a revised version of the Epsilon II architecture and will source the engine lineup from the outgoing model.

A full reveal is likely set for early April at the New York Auto Show and Chevrolet will probably bring the car to Auto Shanghai in China later the same month. Deliveries should kick off sometime this fall.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11502168...-camo-in-china

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2016 Chevy Malibu (Page 4)