Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2016 Chevrolet Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-14, 08:05 AM
Carmaker1
Instructor

Received 130 Likes on 56 Posts

Hmm...I stand corrected on it not looking like the render. Has Mr.Chin been tipped off somehow, as I do not recall anything hinting towards the actual design, until these German spy shots? That is awfully close, especially how both the prototype's and render's taillights slant inward. Everything matches, except the grille. No one outside of GM truly knew this until these spy shots, so Chin may know more than he's letting on.
Old 10-10-14, 06:54 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default All-New 2016 Camaro Sounds Scary on the 'Ring

Brace yourself for almost two minutes of V8 howls and rubber screeching, as the new 2016 Chevrolet Camaro was filmed running some hot laps around the Nürburgring track.

We've already seen the scoop shots, but this is our first video encounter with prototypes of the 6th-gen Camaro, courtesy of Camaro6.

Previous experience tells us that it shouldn’t be long before GM's kicks off a tedious string of teasers and behind the scenes previews ahead of the pony car's market launch towards the end of next year or early 2016.

Highlights of the next Camaro will include GM's new and lighter Alpha platform shared with the Cadillac ATS and the possibility of a new four-cylinder turbocharged engine to go head-to-head with the new Ford Mustang EcoBoost model.
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/10/all...y-on-ring.html
Old 10-10-14, 07:27 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,097 Likes on 1,360 Posts

Originally Posted by BrettJacks
If it looks like that, somebody needs to be fired.
really? looks pretty decent to me.
Old 10-10-14, 02:47 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Chevy's Slimmer 2016 Camaro Prepares for Epic Mustang Battle

Now that the new 6th-gen Mustang has had its time under the limelight, the focus turns on GM and its next Camaro spotted here testing on the Nürburgring.

There's a sense of familiarity with the shape, yet it does look lither with a sharper and lower nose with more than few hints from the Transformers 4's Camaro Bumblebee Concept.

It also appears to be smaller in length with shorter overhangs and more sculpted surfaces giving it an even more muscular look.

The new Mustang may have finally adopted a modern architecture, but its GM rival isn't staying put either in this area, switching from the heavier Zeta platform that underpins the likes of the Holden Commodore to the lighter Alpha platform from the Cadillac ATS.

There's news from the engine bay too, as the new Camaro will get GM's newer small block 6.2-liter V8 – possibly with the new 8-speed automatic in addition to the manual gearbox.

The 3.6-liter V6 will continue to live in the next Camaro, with the range to also include a supercharged V8 for the ZL1 and more likely than not, a turbocharged four-cylinder to take on the Mustang EcoBoost.

We should see the new Camaro in the first half of 2015 with sales to kick off towards the end of the same year.
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/10/che...pares-for.html
Old 10-22-14, 10:44 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default New 2016 Camaro Renders Attempt to Decipher Design – Think You Can Do Better?

One of the big automotive mysteries of next year is how similar, and at the same time, how different, will the new 6th-generation Camaro be from the current model.

GM itself loosely hinted at the styling template with last year's Camaro Bumblebee Concept from the fourth installment of the Transformers movie franchise, but from there on, there's plenty of room for speculation.

One of the Camaro6 forum members nicknamed " Chazcron " posted his Photoshop-take based on Chevrolet's more recent engineering prototypes:

"I took a stab at a rear de-camo," said Chazcron in a posting. "This time I went full quality by using an actual Camaro photo at a similar angle and grafted it on to the camo shot. By comparison, my initial front de-camo render looks a little rough."

"I find grafting a photo to the actual camo image gives a really accurate impression of the stance and proportion of the car, since the wheels are the real deal. Go ahead and hate on the headlights and taillights, they are only a guess/placeholder. Any critique negative or positive is appreciated, I have thick skin, I can take it. Modify it any way you like," he added.

So, you heard the man, what's your say? And oh, if you're handy with Photoshop, please do send or post your effort here on Carscoops.
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/10/new...ttempt-to.html
Old 10-23-14, 01:43 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Those renders are probably close. I expect the Camaro to be more refined/streamlined than the current which is ok by me
Old 12-24-14, 06:02 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default 2016 Chevy Camaro Render is Pretty Convincing

Click here to view more photos

Two of the most common questions surrounding the next generation Chevrolet Camaro are what it will look like and how much will it weigh.

Chevy's prototypes suggest that the 6th generation Camaro will have a sleeker body, while the shift to General Motor's lighter, scalable Alpha platform that underpins the Cadillac ATS sedan and coupe, should do its part to bring down the curb weight.

There's not much we can add to the second question without direct input from GM, but in regards to the first part, perhaps these new renders from artist Chazcron on the Camaro6 forum can partially and temporarily satisfy your natural design curiosity.

"I decided I can glean enough information from existing camo shots to craft a rough 3D model. Keep in mind that I am using my own interpretation of the camo shots," said Chazcron in a posting.

While we do know that the next Camaro Coupe will enter production in late 2015 as a 2016MY, the date and place of its public debut remain a mystery.
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/12/201...is-pretty.html
Old 01-19-15, 07:08 AM
gymratter
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Chevrolet Camaro purportedly teased, spied testing in California

To be launched this year

During the Chevrolet press conference in Detroit the company shared an image that shows what appears to be the first teaser picture of the next generation Camaro.

The American producer confirmed five new models will be launched this year, previewing them in a slideshow during the press meeting. One of the cars features a sports silhouette and an aggressive front part that suggest this is the new Camaro. The CamaroNews team managed to clean the image a little bit and even created a design sketch of the vehicle.

Meanwhile, the 2016 Camaro was spotted while undergoing tests near the deserts of California and there were at least four camouflaged prototypes.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11501178...-spied-testing

http://www.camaronews.com/camaro-new...f-the-6th-gen/

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/20...ear-91176.html

Old 01-19-15, 10:11 AM
Hoovey689

Performance should be great on the new Camaro. Will still likely prefer the Mustang though
Old 01-19-15, 01:16 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Performance should be great on the new Camaro. Will still likely prefer the Mustang though
And it's coming from a Ford diehard.
Old 01-19-15, 01:34 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by cino
And it's coming from a Ford diehard.
Teehee

10 Char
Old 02-03-15, 01:00 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default 2016 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible spied with a soft top

The 2016 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible has been spied undergoing testing.

While the car is heavily disguised, we can clearly see it features a rakish windscreen and a retractable soft top. Additional styling details are hard to make out but previous photos have shown the 2016 Camaro will have an evolutionary design that closely echoes the outgoing model.

Bigger changes will occur under the skin as the model will ride on the long-wheelbase Alpha platform that underpins the Cadillac CTS. This could enable the Camaro to weigh several hundred pounds less than its predecessor.

Engine options are expected to carryover but there could be a new turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder that produces at least 272 bhp (202 kW) and 295 lb-ft (399 Nm) of torque.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11502028...ith-a-soft-top
Old 02-09-15, 02:37 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Did Someone Just Sell a 2016 Camaro Prototype's Headlamp on eBay?

A Camaro headlamp sale on eBay has Camaro6 forum members on the edge, as some posters believe this is a unit from a 2016 Camaro prototype, but is it?

The eBay seller described the part on the listing that was completed only a few hours ago as a "2015 CAMARO HID HEADLIGHT", but as many commentators observed, it doesn't look like the one used on either the North American or European-spec (see yellow car in the gallery below) 2015 Camaro or Camaro RS models.

Furthermore, someone noticed that there's a sticker on the headlamp unit with the code "A1BC" which poster FenwickHockey65 says could be decoded as follows:

A= Alpha
1= 1st generation Alpha platform
B = Coupe
C = Chevrolet

However, the same author added, "Nothing stops someone in the know from printing out that sticker and slapping it on this thing to troll people but..."

So, what do you think it is; someone selling parts from a 2016 Camaro tester, a third-party aftermarket headlamp or an eBay troll?

H/T to Camaro6!
http://www.carscoops.com/2015/02/did...16-camaro.html
Old 02-09-15, 04:34 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Why does someone have to drop a teaser like this?
Old 02-10-15, 03:22 AM
IOWNALEXUS
Lexus Test Driver

Between the mustang, camaro and challenger the camaro has the worst (most boring) styling of the 3. Chevy needs to go back to the drawing board and come back with something exciting instead of putting more lipstick on this pig. A modern 1970 split front bumper design would be killer, make it look like a muscle car again its becoming a boring box, and bring back the damn T-tops!!!

Quick Reply: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro