Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus "F" Commercial

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-14, 03:54 PM
VGer
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus "F" Commercial

I don't like this commercial:

Every time I see it, it makes the Lexus brand feel cheap, like a bad 90's Drakkar Noir commercial (as if there was a good one). All other Lexus commercials are great, but this one lands like a lead balloon. Does anyone else feel that way?
Old 07-11-14, 04:14 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

I love it. Temptation comes in many heart pounding forms but only one letter.. F !
Old 07-11-14, 04:19 PM
VGer
Rookie

That makes me think of this....
Attached Thumbnails Lexus "F" Commercial-1833339-freakazoid_by_dragonballzcz.jpg  

Last edited by VGer; 07-11-14 at 04:23 PM.
Old 07-11-14, 06:06 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

The only thing I don't like is the sound of the voiceover
Old 07-11-14, 07:54 PM
VGer
Rookie

Originally Posted by RXSF
Precisely, that and the people are overacting just a bit.
Old 07-11-14, 08:13 PM
Lex2InfiN
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RXSF
^ This ^

Hmm, how do I say this.. ok, the voiceover doesn't match the impression the commercial should be giving. That's the most PC way I can put it.
Old 07-11-14, 09:46 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very bad commercial.
Old 07-11-14, 11:57 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

An outstanding commercial.

I don't think people realize how important younger buyers are to Lexus, the older buyers are there bit the younger ones are what Lexus had to attract going forward.
Old 07-12-14, 12:40 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by VGer
I don't like this commercial:

Does anyone else feel that way?
You have a good point. I don't care for it, either. A car should sell on its own merits, not on whether a couple decide to have intimacies in public or how young and brash people are who riding in the back seat.

Last edited by mmarshall; 07-12-14 at 12:44 PM.
Old 07-12-14, 05:00 PM
VGer
Rookie

Originally Posted by mmarshall
You have a good point. I don't care for it, either. A car should sell on its own merits, not on whether a couple decide to have intimacies in public or how young and brash people are who riding in the back seat.
Contrast this commercial to any of the December to Remember spots, and the problem is clear. The December to Remember commercials just genuinely make me happy, the voiceover, the imagery, the fantasy world aspect of the commercial's "reality." It's all pleasant, and makes one proud to be aligned with the product. Even the more mundane ones like the AWD system spot, or the Command Performance Sales Event all have more drive and genuinely kinetic energy than this "F" spot.

Other have mentioned the voice imaging in this spot. The problem is that it is the complete opposite of the majority of the commercials. The regular spots (with Maurice LaMarche) have an air of intelligence, sophistication, authority, and command of the product that make you want to pay attention and listen...

Here we have this woman trying to be something that sounds sexy, while we watch what looks to be awkward cutscenes from a Telenovela.

If the "F" brand is meant to signify the elite of Lexus, then this commercial does not convey that message AT ALL, and it's a shame to see such beautiful cars cheapened by such a poorly thought out ad.
Old 07-12-14, 05:17 PM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get the concept, but it was poorly executed, I do not like the cheesy-ness of the shots, I hope they get a new firm for future shoots.
Old 07-12-14, 05:21 PM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get goose bumps every time I see this, I want this feeling from MY own ads when we market our companies, this is the feeling I want when I see a Lexus F ad and I do not mean race inspired, I am talking about what the brand image projects, what it makes you feel, how it makes you want to be apart of \ associated with the brand.

Old 07-12-14, 06:17 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,096 Likes on 1,359 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
Very bad commercial.
QFT. they promote 4 of the 7 deadly sins great image.

Last edited by bitkahuna; 07-12-14 at 06:22 PM.
Old 07-12-14, 06:31 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

i personally like it.
Old 07-12-14, 06:38 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,096 Likes on 1,359 Posts

Originally Posted by VGer
Contrast this commercial to any of the December to Remember spots, and the problem is clear. The December to Remember commercials just genuinely make me happy, the voiceover, the imagery, the fantasy world aspect of the commercial's "reality." It's all pleasant, and makes one proud to be aligned with the product. Even the more mundane ones like the AWD system spot, or the Command Performance Sales Event all have more drive and genuinely kinetic energy than this "F" spot.

Other have mentioned the voice imaging in this spot. The problem is that it is the complete opposite of the majority of the commercials. The regular spots (with Maurice LaMarche) have an air of intelligence, sophistication, authority, and command of the product that make you want to pay attention and listen...

Here we have this woman trying to be something that sounds sexy, while we watch what looks to be awkward cutscenes from a Telenovela.

If the "F" brand is meant to signify the elite of Lexus, then this commercial does not convey that message AT ALL, and it's a shame to see such beautiful cars cheapened by such a poorly thought out ad.
good analysis - my big complaint about lexus ads for the last few years is the jarring inconsistencies - they're all over the map. contrast this with the stunningly consistent and breathtakingly great ads lexus had for the first few years...

Quick Reply: Lexus "F" Commercial