Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: Do you like the Nissan 2020 Concept?
Yes, I love it. Please make it the next GT-R Nissan!
56.25%
No, its ugly. I hope the R36 looks nothing like it!
31.25%
I don't know, I'm having mix feelings. Maybe a tone down version will look better.
12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Nissan teases their Vision Gran Turismo concept - Preview of new R36?

Old 06-05-14, 01:45 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Nissan teases their Vision Gran Turismo concept - Preview of new R36?

Debuts on June 10th

Nissan has announced plans to introduce their Vision Gran Turismo concept on June 10th.

The company is keeping details a closely guarded secret but they released a teaser image that shows a long slung model with what appears to be a short windshield and an aggressive front bumper with massive air intakes.

Besides teasing their new concept, Nissan released a graphic which shows all 148 models that have been featured in the Gran Turismo franchise.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11406057...urismo-concept

Last edited by Vh_Supra26; 06-10-14 at 12:13 PM.
Old 06-05-14, 03:42 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Nissan Gran Turismo Poster Teases New Concept Vehicle

Nissan has released a poster image that includes all 148 Nissan models that have appeared in the Gran Turismo video game series. The poster covers everything from the Nissan Micra to race-spec Skyline GT-Rs, but the most interesting vehicle might be the one that's covered by a sheet.

Nissan Concept Teaser Gran Turismo Nissan says it will "open the next chapter" in its story on June 10, when it unveils the mysterious car in the bottom corner. That date is four days before the start of the 2014 24 Hours of Le Mans. We've already seen Nissan's Deltawing-like ZEOD RC racer, so it's unlikely Nissan will reveal that car again in GT6. It could be the LMP1 car Nissan has announced for 2016 competition. The Japanese automaker has previously teased that car as well, also wrapped in a sheet, but it doesn't really resemble what we can see of the car in the poster.

What we're looking at is probably Nissan's entry into the Vision Gran Turismo series of OEM concept cars. So far, we've seen entries from Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Volkswagen, and Mitsubishi. Nissan is listed in-game on the Vision GT selection screen, so it's likely to be the next automaker to reveal its CG-rendered concept car. But does that mean the car will be limited to the virtual world? A new Nissan GT-R is expected for the 2016 model year, so could this mystery car preview the next Godzilla? Tell us what you think Nissan is hiding under the sheets in the comments below.
http://wot.motortrend.com/1406_nissa...t_vehicle.html
Old 06-10-14, 09:06 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Here you go guys. Sorry, I'm on my iPhone.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/114061076554/nissan-vision-gran-turismo-concept-revealed
Old 06-10-14, 11:00 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks Hoovey2411, here you go.

Nissan Gran Turismo Vision Concept Teased, Likely Hints At R36 GT-R

Nissan has given us our first look at a new vehicle destined to join the pantheon of 148 different Nissans that have appeared in the Gran Turismo video game series over the years. The popular racing sim turned 15 last year and to celebrate the anniversary its creator Kazunori Yamauchi asked design studios from all across the globe to come up with a concept using the theme “Vision Gran Turismo”.

This new concept is yet to be formally announced by Nissan—the image above was posted to the automaker’s Twitter feed along with the promise to release more information on June 16—but it's almost certain to be Nissan’s own Vision Gran Turismo concept. Rival concepts have already been shown by the likes of BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Toyota and Volkswagen.

Few automakers are linked as intimately with the Gran Turismo franchise as Nissan, and no car more so than the GT-R—years before the GT-R came to the U.S., players became acquainted with it through the game, producing a ready-made fan base when the car finally arrived in Stateside showrooms in 2008—so it’s entirely possible that Nissan will use the video game to give us our first inkling of a new GT-R, in this case the R36 model tipped to be introduced for the 2016 model year.

The concept above looks very much like a GT-R, and it features all the latest Nissan styling cues. Could it be a preview of the R36 GT-R? Remember to tune in on the 16th for more information from Nissan.
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...ts-at-r36-gt-r

Last edited by bitkahuna; 06-11-14 at 10:28 AM.
Old 06-10-14, 12:05 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default This Is Nissan's Gran Turismo Vision Concept, And Maybe The Next GT-R

Everyone has been wondering what Nissan is hiding under that red sheet. Is it a Gran Turismo Vision Concept? Is it the next GT-R? From what we hear, it might be both.

On Twitter today, Nissan released the first teaser image of the mystery car they're set to unveil on Monday. It's very dark, but through the magic of Photoshop we were able to shed some light on it. It looks like what happens when a GT-R hooks up with a Ferrari Enzo, and I'm fine with that.

The big will be what it is, exactly. While we're pretty certain it will be a digital car for Gran Turismo 6 like Volkswagen's recently-unveiled GTI Roadster, we also hear it heavily previews the looks of the next GT-R.

Next Monday should be very interesting indeed. Who's down with this design for the next generation of Godzilla?
http://jalopnik.com/this-is-nissans-...ybe-1588609850
Old 06-10-14, 02:03 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Has traits of the current one but looks more exotic and muscular (IMO). I like it, hope it's not toned down too much for production
Old 06-10-14, 02:50 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Has traits of the current one but looks more exotic and muscular (IMO). I like it, hope it's not toned down too much for production
Me too but we know it won't have that bumper-less front end.
Old 06-10-14, 09:40 PM
LexFather

Looks futuristic! But enough with teasers!!

Old 06-11-14, 05:38 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexFather
Looks futuristic! But enough with teasers!!
X2, I can't wait to see it officially unveiled.
Old 06-11-14, 09:56 AM
Hoovey689

Funny I guess since the GT-R has never been my favorite I forgot it was time for a redesign
Old 06-11-14, 10:30 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,094 Likes on 1,358 Posts

guys, i removed several duplicates of that first pic and the 'giant poster' picture which didn't add anything.
Old 06-11-14, 10:37 AM
Marklouis
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by speedflex
Me too but we know it won't have that bumper-less front end.
Hope it stays the look - with advancements in modern crumple-zone technology I don't see why single unit bumpers are really necessary anymore
Old 06-12-14, 10:40 AM
LexFather

hybrid to boot

Old 06-12-14, 02:12 PM
Hoovey689

With the exception of top end speed the current GT-R can pretty much hang with and dominate anything. Adding a hybrid system is going to make it a bargain 918, P1, LaFerrari hypercar
Old 06-16-14, 05:27 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Nissan Vision Gran Turismo leaks out ahead of today's reveal

Could hint at next-gen GT-R's styling

An official image of the Nissan Vision Gran Turismo has surfaced the web prior to a full reveal set for later today.

Nissan has created its own virtual car for Gran Turismo 6 and it's certainly on par with offerings from Toyota, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Mitsubishi and Volkswagen. Possibly hinting at the next-gen GT-R's design, the Nissan Vision Gran Turismo looks like a bona fide Batmobile. The angular design is worthy of a Lexus badge and at the back there's a massive rear diffuser together with circular taillights.

That huge carbon fiber rear wing probably ruins rear visibility but it doesn't really matter since this is only a concept for a video game. Conventional mirrors were replaced by camera and on the sides we notice the exhaust pipes as well as large alloy wheels and the absence of a door handle.

An official reveal will occur in the next few hours so check back for further details and more pics.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11406167...-todays-reveal

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nissan teases their Vision Gran Turismo concept - Preview of new R36?