Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2015 Lincoln MKC

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-14, 01:39 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411

One of my favortie angles I've seen thus far
My thoughts exactly. Easier on the eyes than the NX. IMO of course....
Old 08-29-14, 02:34 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
My thoughts exactly. Easier on the eyes than the NX. IMO of course....
And check out the Tahitian Pearl color....which has made it to production. Now, to my tastes.....THAT is a treat for the eyes.

Old 08-29-14, 02:48 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default CNET Finds There's Lots to Like About the Lincoln MKC But….

It’s hard not to like the Lincoln MKC, a much more modern crossover than past models and one that’s much more in tune with the times.

However, it seems that the marketing department responsible for targeting the vehicle at a specific audience has not done its job quite right, and while CNET’s Brian Cooley discovered there was plenty to like, he failed to discover who it’s supposed to be liked by…

The MKC looks good, both inside and out, and even the clam-shell tailgate, borrowed from Audi, gives it a posh, contemporary appearance and really distinguishes it from the Ford Escape (Kuga) on which it’s based. The 285 hp 2.3-liter turbo engine that powered the (exclusively) all-wheel drive test car was also a standout point on its own, but was let down by a reportedly slow-reacting autobox.

On the tech front, the MKC fared well, and featured a surprisingly responsive touchscreen interface that also comes with good voice recognition. It also features pre-collision warning, blind-spot detection and all the usual gadgets you’d expect to find on a competitive new crossover launched in 2014.
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/08/cne...ike-about.html
Old 08-29-14, 05:56 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
And check out the Tahitian Pearl color....which has made it to production. Now, to my tastes.....THAT is a treat for the eyes.

Sadly pictures don't do Tahitian Pearl justice though, it's very rich in person.
Old 09-23-15, 07:26 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

first time for me coming across this review site. in depth and lots of pics.

part 1 exterior
http://blogs.youwheel.com/2014/11/09...rt-1-exterior/

part 2 interior (spoiler: he's not impressed )
http://blogs.youwheel.com/2015/01/19...rt-2-interior/
Old 09-23-15, 08:05 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Sadly pictures don't do Tahitian Pearl justice though, it's very rich in person.
That color is gone for 2016, though......along with the also-nice gold.
Old 02-28-16, 08:41 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

The MKC got beaten up pretty badly by CR with their new ranking number in the latest magazine.

I expected a better score of 55.
Old 02-28-16, 03:14 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
The MKC got beaten up pretty badly by CR with their new ranking number in the latest magazine.

I expected a better score of 55.
Its biggest problem with CR has not been its road test but its unimpressive first-year-reliability record....that is a significant factor in CR's ratings, though it doesn't affect the road-test score. But it has to be average in reliability or better to pass. That is why, despite temptation, I have not (yet) shopped for one even though I like them.

Despite the reliability factor, though, owner-satisfaction (75%) has been quite good.......tied with the Lexus NX, and trailing only that of its Audi and Porsche competitors.

Last edited by mmarshall; 02-28-16 at 03:17 PM.
Old 02-29-16, 07:11 PM
chromedome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Good catch on that youwheels site, it's in-depth and critical, especially with interior build quality. The review MKC has some dire engineering and quality issues for a car costing over $40k - a similarly priced ES or NX might have more hard plastics but they look consistent with the rest of the interior. And the floor vents don't detach when you move your seat. And the rear spoiler doesn't detach at speed. Ack.

I've seen a few on the road and all that chrome trim and long curves makes them look fussy. The NX is a sharper, more polarizing design but at least it looks consistent.
Old 02-29-16, 07:39 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
first time for me coming across this review site. in depth and lots of pics.

part 1 exterior
http://blogs.youwheel.com/2014/11/09...rt-1-exterior/

part 2 interior (spoiler: he's not impressed )
http://blogs.youwheel.com/2015/01/19...rt-2-interior/
Couple of good sites. The author does a through job on both outside and inside review.

I've also reviewed this vehicle myself (even briefly considered it for purchase), but I have to agree on some of the materials-quality issues. A shame, too, because this is, IMO, a vehicle that is brilliant in concept, handsomely styled, and just the right size for many buyers, but hampered by cost-cutting in the fit/finish and hardware department. Some of that, however, can be corrected without a major re-design, as Lexus did with the ES350 in 2010 mid-cycle, a couple of years before its last major redesign.

According to Consumer Reports, though, owner-satisfaction with the MKC remains quite good (75% positive) despite the fit/finish issues.

Last edited by mmarshall; 02-29-16 at 07:44 PM.
Old 02-29-16, 09:25 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by chromedome
Good catch on that youwheels site, it's in-depth and critical, especially with interior build quality. The review MKC has some dire engineering and quality issues for a car costing over $40k - a similarly priced ES or NX might have more hard plastics but they look consistent with the rest of the interior. And the floor vents don't detach when you move your seat. And the rear spoiler doesn't detach at speed. Ack.
I will agree that there are some dire engineering and quality issues based on the evidence from the youwheels site, but the OBD port and the under floor heater vent are really not the biggest issues IMO. If those are the issues that the write could find, then its not that bad of an interior.

Overall, my experience inside was pretty good. I rather like the wood trim that Lincoln used. I also really liked the soft leather.

Originally Posted by chromedome
The NX is a sharper, more polarizing design but at least it looks consistent.
And scores NX 20-22 points higher than the MKC on their dumb ranking of overall score. I see to remember than CR crapped on the NX a while back, but now they rank it higher.
Old 02-29-16, 09:40 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
I will agree that there are some dire engineering and quality issues based on the evidence from the youwheels site, but the OBD port and the under floor heater vent are really not the biggest issues IMO. If those are the issues that the write could find, then its not that bad of an interior.
Technicians often like readily-accessable OBD-II ports. Obviously, it makes the vehicle easier to work on.

Overall, my experience inside was pretty good. I rather like the wood trim that Lincoln used. I also really liked the soft leather.
And the wood trim on the base model, interestingly, is MUCH nicer than the silly-looking black/white zebra-stripes on the expensive (50-55K) Black Label versions. Even though I like this vehicle overall, the Black Label versions are an expensive rip-off,though the Black Label package does include some nice customer perks.

And, yes, Jill, the top-level 60K MKX I reviewed was a questionable price for what you got on THAT vehicle, too, LOL. I suspect that that's why it was readily-avalable for me that morning.....the usual-priced ones that went for 50K or so were sold out.

Last edited by mmarshall; 02-29-16 at 09:45 PM.