Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

When shopping carts attack!!!

Old 06-04-14, 01:44 PM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am right beside Super Target, and I can not tell how many times I had already run out to catch Carts that were blowing away by the wind....I hate people like that.

That one time I saw this lady was driving a New Hyundai Sonata (White) probably 1-2 years old. She left the cart beside her door, and was about to reverse and go. I thought "common lady, you can't leave like that" She did it anyway. Suddenly a wind gust, guess what. "Bam" it hit her door....I wanted to laugh, but felt bad at the same time

At the least, she walked out and put it in the cart holder, which was like 7-8 ft away. She learned her lesson, I hope.
Old 06-04-14, 01:49 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I've seen older ladies just push the cart away and keep on rolling on more than one occasion.
When shopping, we use our beater '08 Elantra and park where ever we want.Sometimes the CR-V but never,never the GS.
Old 06-04-14, 02:11 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
IMO, they shouldn't HAVE to clean up the carts. Lazy-a** customers should either take of them themselves, or, if disabled, ask a store employee to load their bags for them. That's part of their jobs.
Agree, but if the store employee was not around, how did the disabled person load the vehicle? On this note, why wouldn't a disabled person be able to bring the cart over in the designated spot? Didn't he/she drive from his/her house, got out of the car, picked up a cart, walked through all the aisles in the store...

Unless of course the person is on a wheelchair in which case he/she wouldn't be using the store shopping cart in the first place or perhaps has a helper (in which case the helper should put the cart away???)

Sorry, no offense to any disabled people, but I fail to understand how the disabled person (alone or with helper) can perform A to Y (drive, shop, etc), but not Z (put cart away).
Old 06-04-14, 02:38 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 58 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Agree, but if the store employee was not around, how did the disabled person load the vehicle? On this note, why wouldn't a disabled person be able to bring the cart over in the designated spot? Didn't he/she drive from his/her house, got out of the car, picked up a cart, walked through all the aisles in the store...

Unless of course the person is on a wheelchair in which case he/she wouldn't be using the store shopping cart in the first place or perhaps has a helper (in which case the helper should put the cart away???)

Sorry, no offense to any disabled people, but I fail to understand how the disabled person (alone or with helper) can perform A to Y (drive, shop, etc), but not Z (put cart away).
Probably the same people that abuse disability. I'm all in favor of having a little more thorough examination of a person's real disabled status so we can get the moochers off and pay more to those who actually ARE disabled.
Old 06-04-14, 02:58 PM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
This is funny
Old 06-04-14, 05:49 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

Great thread lol..
Old 06-04-14, 05:56 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 58 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by metaleckz
This is funny
Loved that, except for the statement at the end:

"The Kia Rio, never a dull moment"....uhm, it's a Kia, lol.
Old 06-04-14, 06:15 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Agree, but if the store employee was not around, how did the disabled person load the vehicle?
Though only briefly for a couple of years, I worked in the grocery business when I was young in college. It was (and still is today) the employee's job to BE there.....and it is the responsibility of the store manager (or the front-end manager) to see that someone is there at the front-end to assist in helping customers load.

Though the law certainly meant well at the time (and Congress obviously passed it with good intentions), I partially blame the ADA (Americans with Disabilites Act) for the mess we have with carts today at supermarkets. Back before the law was passed, it was very difficult to take carts away from the supermarket front end into the parking-lot because the front end was surrounded by a metal-post fence that had openings in it too narrow to push a cart through (but still wide enough to let most non-disabled customers through). The carts basically stayed inside he fence, and customers went out to their cars and simply pulled up (where we would be waiting for them). The ADA, though, when it was passed, did not allow that kind of design any more, and said that there had to be openings wide enough for wheel chairs and other devices to easily get through.....which, of course, was a good intention. But, apparently, nobody at the time thought of what would happen when everybody and their brother could suddenly wheel their own carts right through the big openings (or with no fence-posts at all) right out into the parking lot. The result gave us the mess we have today.

Last edited by mmarshall; 06-04-14 at 06:20 PM.
Old 06-04-14, 07:10 PM
hlee12
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

one of my fav
Old 06-04-14, 09:52 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hate when people just leave their carts out in the parking lot and not in the cart aisles!
Old 06-24-14, 11:46 PM
LexFather

Damn carts are in angry season

Search this Thread