Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

brand new 2014 Mustang GT for $26k?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-14, 09:07 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default brand new 2014 Mustang GT for $26k?

Is there a catch or something???
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-GT-2014-gt-new-5-l-v-8-32-v-manual-rear-wheel-drive-coupe-premium-/131144152970?forcerrptr=true&hash=item1e88ccf78a&item=131144152970&pt=US_Cars_Trucks
Old 04-27-14, 10:13 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

I'm sure there's something wrong with it. I hope your not seriously considering a Ford, LOL
Old 04-27-14, 10:50 AM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 59 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Diesel350
I'm sure there's something wrong with it. I hope your not seriously considering a Ford, LOL
Why not? Mine has been great... My extended family has had tons of Fords over the years and been very happy. There's a reason they fared better then GM and Chrysler in the recession. So I don't think it's the joke that you think it is.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using IB AutoGroup
Old 04-27-14, 11:35 AM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope your not seriously considering a Ford, LOL
What's wrong with Ford?
Old 04-27-14, 11:45 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Says premium...not base, so $35k msrp?....just thought a $9000 discount is crazy for a GT.

Last edited by bagwell; 04-27-14 at 11:49 AM.
Old 04-27-14, 11:57 AM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by -J-P-L-
What's wrong with Ford?
+1

It seems everything thing I've read about the current gen mustang have been pretty positive. Seems like too good of a deal to me, should definitely ask for a full background check.
Old 04-27-14, 12:12 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jwong77
+1

It seems everything thing I've read about the current gen mustang have been pretty positive. Seems like too good of a deal to me, should definitely ask for a full background check.
Only has 10 miles on it.....!!! Brand new.
Old 04-27-14, 01:01 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,095 Likes on 1,358 Posts

the 2015 is about to launch, that's probably why the discount.
Old 04-27-14, 01:21 PM
joshthorsc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These days, I wouldn't mind considering purchasing a Ford. In fact I wanted a Focus ST but ended up with a Speed3 cause of the rebates. I'm waiting on the new 2015 Mustang GT before I can make a better decision on my next car.
Old 04-27-14, 02:24 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BrettJacks
Why not? Mine has been great... My extended family has had tons of Fords over the years and been very happy. There's a reason they fared better then GM and Chrysler in the recession. So I don't think it's the joke that you think it is.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using IB AutoGroup
Because my 2012 Ford Edge Sport has been nothing but issues, mostly quality related. LOTS of software and electrical issues. I've always had that bias against Ford since my dads 2000 Explorer had to have the engine replaced but since Ford had supposedly fixed alot of the reliability and quality issues that plagued them before I thought I give them a chance by buying a brand new Edge. I've been nothing but disappointed with the final product.

I posted in another thread here in Car Chat detailing every single issue I've had.

Glad to hear that your family have not had any issues with Ford but sadly they just left a bad taste in my mouth and will probably never buy another Ford again.

Last edited by Diesel350; 04-27-14 at 02:38 PM.
Old 04-27-14, 02:26 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by -J-P-L-
What's wrong with Ford?
I just feel the quality is still not there from a personal standpoint. I wish I could say different because they build some nice looking vehicles.

Last edited by Diesel350; 04-27-14 at 02:37 PM.
Old 04-27-14, 03:05 PM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That price is about right with a dealership incentive for a base model GT. A little on the low side but worth a look. Ive noticed cars are cheaper down south

Also a lot of dealers sell cars and know absolutely nothing about the car passed the manual. They post stock pics of cars they get in and think they are all the same. I was looking at a mercedes and the dealer swore it was a V8 engine based on previous car sales, took the car out for a test drive and i told him it didnt sound or feel like a v8 but swore he knew more than I did. Popped the hood open and it was a v6 as i suspected but still swore it was a v8 till i showed him there were only 6 coil packs. Obv i didn't argue with him and just left the dealership. Chances are the pics arent accurate and its a v6. Call them and see whats up
Old 04-27-14, 03:16 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,095 Likes on 1,358 Posts

I just feel the quality is still not there from a personal standpoint. I wish I could say different because they build some nice looking vehicles.
again sorry to hear about your edge but of course that doesn't mean the whole brand has issues. the f-150 for example would not be the highest selling vehicle (by far) in the u.s. for decades. the fusion's doing really well, as is the explorer.

my own experience is with a now 8 year old explorer v8 which has been very solid.

you're not the first person i've come across that had issues with the edge though, but in particular the much criticized myford touch system. apparently it's getting a lot better these days... don't recall exactly but wasn't that the issue you've dealt with mostly? note this site http://www.syncsucks.com/
Old 04-27-14, 04:16 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 59 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
again sorry to hear about your edge but of course that doesn't mean the whole brand has issues. the f-150 for example would not be the highest selling vehicle (by far) in the u.s. for decades. the fusion's doing really well, as is the explorer.

my own experience is with a now 8 year old explorer v8 which has been very solid.

you're not the first person i've come across that had issues with the edge though, but in particular the much criticized myford touch system. apparently it's getting a lot better these days... don't recall exactly but wasn't that the issue you've dealt with mostly? note this site http://www.syncsucks.com/
I think he had a variety of issues unrelated to MFT.

I think every maker puts out their lemons, and a bad vehicle can leave a sour taste for sure. It's the same reason I probably won't be driving any Toyota's for a long time.
Old 04-27-14, 05:46 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bitkahuna

Yeah I understand the whole brand doesn't suck but the Ford brand still has more issues per car then lets say a Lexus or Toyota.

As far as the MyFordTouch system it works fine now because they completely overhauled the entire system and now it works like it's supposed to but before the fix it was a complete nightmare and the biggest POS system I've ever dealt with. In the end, I'll be keeping the truck for along time because the wife loves it.

Quick Reply: brand new 2014 Mustang GT for $26k?