Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2016 Lincoln MKX Crossover

Old 05-22-14, 12:00 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Designing The Lincoln MKX Concept: Video

Lincoln’s lineup of late hasn’t really set hearts racing, especially when it comes to the design of the cars, but that’s starting to change with the introduction of some very stylish products such as the latest MKZ sedan and new MKC crossover. In the video above, Lincoln designers explain the inspiration behind their work and use the example of the MKX concept from the recent 2014 Beijing Auto Show to show where the brand is headed in terms of design.

The good news is that we won’t have to wait too long to see the results of Lincoln’s design renaissance as the brand has several new products headed to showrooms over the next couple of years. Already we have the aforementioned MKZ and MKC, and soon these will be joined by a new MKX based on the Beijing concept as well as a new flagship sedan to replace the MKS. We hear that a compact sedan is also part of the plan.
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...-concept-video
Old 05-22-14, 01:10 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think my problem with the newer Lincoln's is that front end - it's horribly generic looking, and not premium at all, IMO. The back ends and side profiles of most models look good, but the front end looks like a mish-mash of generic designs and shapes. With Cadillac, Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, Audi and Jaguar all having "signature" faces, Lincoln just looks like an afterthought, at best.
Old 05-22-14, 01:28 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

so far looks like +7/10 effort design overall... it looks good but details kill it - like those extra LED strips at the front fenders, they look aftermarket in 2015 model... then inside, top of the dashboard and central console with HVAC does not really look luxurious at all.

But in reality, it could be great... depends on actual execution overall... so far, Lincoln has not been able to really make Lincoln feel different than Ford in real life driving/owning.

For instance, they have put leather around the transmission tunnel (or looks like it), but then dash is pretty plain looking.
Old 05-22-14, 02:05 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

^ to be fair on the interior they didn't choose enough nice contrasting colors. Lots of gray or neutral instead :/
Old 12-18-14, 11:06 PM
Hoovey689

Default 2016 Lincoln MKX spied in production form

Gallery:
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/linco...shots/#image-1
Old 12-19-14, 12:48 PM
Slvr surfr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

If Ford cant/won't get Lincoln together properly then just let it go. SMH.
Old 12-19-14, 05:49 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

No offense, Vh_Supra26 (and thanks for posting) ....but videos like that usually don't sway me when it comes to a new vehicle. Smooth-talking PR people and soft piano music in the background won't actually tell you how competent or incompetent a vehicle it is. That's why I read reviews....and do reviews.
Old 12-19-14, 05:53 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Slvr surfr
If Ford cant/won't get Lincoln together properly then just let it go. SMH.
With the MKC, they are off to a good start. But, after years of introducing mediocre new products (and dropping a top-seller like the Town Car), they definitely have more work to do.
Old 12-19-14, 05:57 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
No offense, Vh_Supra26 (and thanks for posting) ....but videos like that usually don't sway me when it comes to a new vehicle. Smooth-talking PR people and soft piano music in the background won't actually tell you how competent or incompetent a vehicle it is. That's why I read reviews....and do reviews.
It's marketing, a major part of the auto industry. They're trying to reach and appeal to a wide audience of potential CUV buyers and reestablish the Lincoln name with consumers. Not my cup of tea but all brands do it.
Old 01-10-15, 10:13 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default 2016 Lincoln MKX: The First Official Photos

Images of the all-new 2016 Lincoln MKX surfaced online prior to the luxury mid-size crossover's world premiere at next week's Detroit Motor Show.

It's the slightly toned-down, production version of the MKX Concept displayed at the 2014 Beijing auto show last April, with less extravagant lights and more down-to-earth body trim.

It adopts Lincolns signature styling on a bigger body than the MKC, so much so, that we're willing to bet that a lot of people will have a hard time telling the two SUVs apart.

The new MKX shares its underpinnings with the latest Ford Edge getting its power from a twin-turbocharged 2.7-liter EcoBoost V6 with more than 300hp, paired to a six-speed automatic with available four-wheel drive. At this point, we don't know if and what other powertrains will be on offer.

There will be an available adaptive steering system and the Lincoln Drive Control with continuously controlled damping that offers three modes, "Normal", "Comfort" and "Sport".

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/01/201...al-photos.html
Old 01-10-15, 10:25 AM
Hoovey689

I quite rather like this. Handsome and with 300hp and AWD should be fun. Materials make it out to be Premium. Lincoln. American for Acura
Old 01-10-15, 10:38 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

The only two things that I don't like is the front end / nose and that interior just looks dated and boring.
Old 01-10-15, 11:21 AM
ABC
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

not too shabby! I wonder how pricing will be on it.
Old 01-10-15, 12:41 PM
Hoovey689

Honestly if they would drop the Lincoln moniker and go with a snazzier modern name to go along with the futuristic looks I think they would be in a better spot. Just IMO
Old 01-10-15, 12:47 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Wish they would have yet the cool roof from the concept. I also noted that moved the start/stop button lower, because I saw a CNN article a few days ago that said owners kept pushing it accidentally when changing gears or going into sport mode (as the button is right under, aligned in a row)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2016 Lincoln MKX Crossover