Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2015 Dodge Challenger (including Hellcat)

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-15, 10:20 AM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

American muscle ramps up a few decibels for the wildest V8 ever.
Old 01-22-15, 10:11 AM
Motor
Lexus Champion

This week Senior Editor Brad Iger heads out to Auto Club Speedway to do a track day in the 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat.

Wear headphones! The audio in this video was recorded with in-ear binaural microphones. With headphones or earbuds on, you'll feel like you're actually sitting in the driver's seat.
Old 01-23-15, 09:51 AM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Old 01-23-15, 01:32 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Pretty bad ***. My only concern is how do you make a car with that kind of power and at that price, reliable.
Only time will tell. Gotta love any car with 707 HP
Old 01-23-15, 01:58 PM
LOWFAST
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Pretty bad ***. My only concern is how do you make a car with that kind of power and at that price, reliable.
Only time will tell. Gotta love any car with 707 HP
No exotic materials, which is why it is so heavy. Also you pull from the parts bin (Viper & ZF Trans), keep it pretty simple, and you don't look to make as much of a profit off of each unit since it is not a volume seller. I think it will be just as reliable as any of the other muscle cars, Dodge seems to think so as well as they offer the full standard warranty and I believe Mopar even offers the ability to purchase the lifetime warranty.
Old 01-28-15, 09:04 AM
Motor
Lexus Champion

On this episode of Head 2 Head, Jonny Lieberman travels just over the Golden Gate Bridge to beautiful Marin County in two of the most powerful cars ever to roll out of American factories. Five years ago, the idea of a Chevy Camaro ZL1 with 580 horsepower would have seemed like nothing more than the bedroom poster fantasy of a 12-year-old. However, in 2015, 580 ponies seems like something’s wrong. That’s because the Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat comes strapped with 707! Crazy, we know. However, the Hellcat is heavier than the already pretty large Camaro. Bigger, too. The question then is: which of these two steroidal pony cars should you get? Watch this episode of Head2Head and find out.

Last edited by Motor; 01-29-15 at 10:29 AM.
Old 01-29-15, 06:41 AM
fastdak25
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

says video is private
Old 01-29-15, 10:30 AM
Motor
Lexus Champion

^It's fixed. Check it out.

Yes, I know Mad Max drove an old Ford. It Mr. Mad were around in the modern era, there'd be no question about what he would driving; the 2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat.

It's a 707-horsepower, supercharged coupe, and you can have it with either a six-speed manual gearbox or an eight-speed automatic. We've got the manual, and we've got empty roads to play around on. That means it's time to get sideways, get silly, and get busy burning off the rear tires.

We apologize to no one... you don't ever have to apologize to people when you drive a Hellcat.

(It voids the warranty)
Old 01-29-15, 11:12 AM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

I work for a dodge dealership and actually Chrysler is having issues with the delivery/transport of the vehicles. They are delivered on regular car haulers, nothing special and actually being delivered damaged from the rail yard. So sad because Chrysler is such a pain with the payment process of vehicle. If Chrysler pays for it under warranty, it goes on car fax and most customers don't like that with any new car purchase.

However the vehicle is very heavy, when I drove it you can just feel the weight and although loud, I personally woudnt own one. I work for Chrysler..........I know the concerns that are typical with the vehicles
Old 03-04-15, 05:27 PM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Ride with us to Hades and back in the awesome Dodge Challenger and Charger Hellcats.
Old 03-05-15, 08:27 AM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Despite all the advertising, it seems Dodge is unable to deliver Hellcats in a timely manner. It seems that dealers are only getting an allocation of ONE per month - either a Charger or a Challenger. But that doesn't stop them from taking deposits. "Many" dealers, says Chrysler, are taking orders and deposits on Hellcats they'll probably never have. Buyer beware.

http://www.khou.com/story/money/busi...ders/24259185/
Old 03-05-15, 10:45 AM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lil4X
Despite all the advertising, it seems Dodge is unable to deliver Hellcats in a timely manner. It seems that dealers are only getting an allocation of ONE per month - either a Charger or a Challenger. But that doesn't stop them from taking deposits. "Many" dealers, says Chrysler, are taking orders and deposits on Hellcats they'll probably never have. Buyer beware.

http://www.khou.com/story/money/busi...ders/24259185/
Yes, that's true. they are taking a while to have shipped to us. We just got another one in for a customer, and yep, its damaged just like the one before. Chrysler isn't taking care of the delivery process very well
Old 03-25-15, 10:01 AM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Bob Broderdorf, Head of Dodge Brand Cars and Martin Jagoda IV, Lead Vehicle Engineer - Dodge Charger talk about the new Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack and the Dodge Challenger 392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker.

Running footage and beauty shots of the Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack.

Running footage and beauty shots of the Dodge Challenger 392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker.
Old 03-26-15, 04:51 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by GSXMike
Such a cool iconic car that actually looks like its brother from the 60's but the biggest disappointment for me is that the engine is assembled in Mexico. I don't have anything against Mexico per se however why on Earth is a engine of this magnitude of an American car not assembled in the USA by proud Americans?
The same reason the body is assembled in Canada. $$$ and capacity.
Old 03-26-15, 10:20 AM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Pennzoil is taking synthetic motor oil performance to a whole new level. See how we take a 707hp Dodge Hellcat Challenger to new heights in a one-of-a-kind Airlift Drift performance. And learn why our best natural gas synthetics are causing industry experts and OEMs like Dodge to make the switch.

Quick Reply: 2015 Dodge Challenger (including Hellcat)