Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti bringing Nissan Juke-based crossover

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-14, 01:43 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Vh_Supra26
Anyone heard any updates on the Infiniti based Juke?
I don't think hardly anyone cares.

Old 04-22-14, 01:47 PM
Lex2InfiN
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vh_Supra26
Anyone heard any updates on the Infiniti based Juke?
Will probably end up being model QX30. My guess is a year from the when the Q30 is released (so early 2016?). I believe it'll be available in China before then however, probably sometime in 2015.
Old 06-11-14, 05:40 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Infiniti ESQ is China's Luxury Nissan Juke

Official teasers of Infiniti's rebadged Nissan Juke surfaced on the internet today affording us our first look at the premium-ized small crossover model that bears the name ESQ.

It's not yet clear if this is the final production model that will go on sale initially in China towards the end of the year or if it's a thinly disguised concept, as we only have these cropped teasers of the car to go by.

The cosmetic changes over the Juke seem to be limited to the front grille, the trim parts both inside and out, and the 18-inch wheels, with Chinese media stating that the car will be offered exclusively with the Juke's 1.6-liter turbocharged four tuned to deliver 197hp or 200PS matched to a standard CVT and all-wheel drive.

We'll keep you posted if new details emerge.
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/06/new...ry-nissan.html
Old 06-11-14, 08:23 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFather
I don't think hardly anyone cares.
Dunno about that. My brother actually LIKES the Juke.
Old 06-11-14, 08:33 AM
LexFather

So confused...so they not only are adding a 5th SUV, its a rebadge? When I saw the badge the first thing I thought of was lawyer and watch...

Old 06-11-14, 08:36 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lex2InfiN
Will probably end up being model QX30. My guess is a year from the when the Q30 is released (so early 2016?). I believe it'll be available in China before then however, probably sometime in 2015.
The QX30 concept has a significantly different body/interior from the Juke-based ESQ.
Old 06-11-14, 08:40 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

So confused...so they not only are adding a 5th SUV, its a rebadge? When I saw the badge the first thing I thought of was lawyer and watch...

Reminds me of the gauge-cluster in my former Lexus IS300.

Last edited by mmarshall; 06-12-14 at 09:38 AM.
Old 06-11-14, 10:23 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

So confused...so they not only are adding a 5th SUV, its a rebadge? When I saw the badge the first thing I thought of was lawyer and watch...]
It's a China-only model for that suits a need in that badge-obsessed market. I don't think its that crazy of a strategy.
Old 06-11-14, 08:51 PM
Lex2InfiN
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mmarshall
The QX30 concept has a significantly different body/interior from the Juke-based ESQ.
Ok. but I wasn't suggesting that they were in any way related to each other, other than the fact that they are both Infinitis.
Old 06-11-14, 08:59 PM
Lex2InfiN
Pole Position

Oh please. It's as much a rebadge as the NX is a RAV4 rebadge. In any event, is there something wrong with offering 5 SUVs? Is offering more product somehow a bad thing?

BMW has the X1, X3, X4, X5, & X6 (5 SUVs)
MB has the GLK, M, GL, G, & soon to be GLA (5 SUVs)

As you've stated numerous times, people love their SUVs and all SUVs sell. So why shouldn't Infiniti and all other brands offer as much product in that segment as possible?
Old 06-11-14, 09:06 PM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Oh please. It's as much a rebadge as the NX is a RAV4 rebadge.
Not even, the NX has a different body. This is pretty much a Juke with Infiniti badges from what I can see.
Old 06-12-14, 05:23 AM
LexFather

Oh please. It's as much a rebadge as the NX is a RAV4 rebadge. In any event, is there something wrong with offering 5 SUVs? Is offering more product somehow a bad thing? :
Please do some research and learn the difference between rebadge ( this thing) and platform sharing (NX, Q5 etc).

Originally Posted by jwong77
Not even, the NX has a different body. This is pretty much a Juke with Infiniti badges from what I can see.
Exactly......

Old 06-13-14, 12:11 PM
Lex2InfiN
Pole Position

Please do some research and learn the difference between rebadge ( this thing) and platform sharing (NX, Q5 etc).
Nah, it's ok, I don't need to. Some vehicles with shared platforms have more similarities than others. For example, to me, the Avalon and ES are basically the same exact car, just with different styling. So yea, they share the same platform, but also share essentially all the same features, priced about the same, etc. We don't know what this supposed Juke Infiniti "rebadge" even looks like yet, nor do we know what's powering it. The small pic of the steering wheel looks like every other current Infiniti though and not like a Juke. I strongly doubt it is going to look exactly like a Juke, with the same exact features, except with an Infiniti badge instead of a Nissan badge.
Old 06-13-14, 12:18 PM
LexFather

Nah, it's ok, I don't need to. Some vehicles with shared platforms have more similarities than others. For example, to me, the Avalon and ES are basically the same exact car, just with different styling. So yea, they share the same platform, but also share essentially all the same features, priced about the same, etc. We don't know what this supposed Juke Infiniti "rebadge" even looks like yet, nor do we know what's powering it. The small pic of the steering wheel looks like every other current Infiniti though and not like a Juke. I strongly doubt it is going to look exactly like a Juke, with the same exact features, except with an Infiniti badge instead of a Nissan badge.
Please do some research on the difference between platform sharing and rebadging.

Thanks.

Old 06-13-14, 01:40 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Infiniti ESQ spied without camouflage

Could be sold under a different brand

The Infiniti ESQ has been caught on camera without any sort of camouflage, prior to a launch scheduled to later this year in China.

Earlier this week several images of a Nissan Juke lookalike surfaced the web, indicating Infiniti will be getting its own version for the Chinese market. The car in question can be seen in these spy shots which show a pre-production unit wearing the body of the Juke Nismo.

Interestingly, all the badges have been hidden but word on the street is that Nissan will sell the Juke in China as an Infiniti ESQ. The funky crossover will be powered by the Juke Nismo's 4-cylinder, 1.6-liter turbocharged gasoline engine with 200 PS (147 kW) and 184 lb-ft (250 Nm) delivered to an all-wheel drive system via a CVT.

The car will be produced in China by the Dongfeng-Nissan joint venture and is set to go on sale before the end of the year.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11406127...out-camouflage

Quick Reply: Infiniti bringing Nissan Juke-based crossover