Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

My four-year build: Supra content inside

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-14, 11:51 PM
that2JZguy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
nice. i bet its a great feeling. its been a long wait for you
Thanks bud, certainly feels good. The best feeling about it is being able to focus on things OTHER than the car now!
Old 09-27-14, 10:22 PM
that2JZguy
Driver

Well I've had the car back about two weeks now and have put maybe 100 miles on it. I towed the car out to Vegas this past weekend for the annual Supra meet where I met up with 150+ Supra owners for two days of fun.

First impressions of the car... Wow. It's ****ing fast. Like I can't even say "it's as fast as..." because I've never felt anything go that fast. When it hits it's like immediate tunnel vision. Got the chance to open it up on the freeway in Vegas and it broke loose in 4th gear at 100mph. Scared the living **** out of me and kept me off the throttle for the rest of the weekend.

The car drives really well. I was kind of expecting it to be a pain to drive around town but I cruised it up and down the strip no problem. The clutch took a little getting used to but is no problem now and I actually have grown to like the engagement. Still no power steering but it wasn't a problem for me and I'll be fixing that soon anyway.

The ProEFI display is really cool and allows me to constantly monitor pressures and temperatures. Intake air temps and coolant temps got into the 200F range in Vegas which kind of worried me but the car never showed signs of struggle. If I was going to be driving this car during the summer time out here I would definitely consider a push-fan setup or something but this car will see less than 500 miles a year, and like 95% of those miles in the winter time so no big deal.

Where do I go from here? Well there are a couple things I'd like to fix on the car. The power steering being one thing itself. I'm not a fan of the polish in the engine bay and would rather wrinkle coat everything. The float level in the gas tank also fell off the hanger so I'll have to fix that too. Also the hatch doesn't sit right so the car will head to the auto body shop in the next couple months to get that fixed.

Bottom line is basically I'm just happy this is over and I can focus my attention and energy into something else. I'm extremely happy with the car and it did EXACTLY what I built it to do (scare the living **** out of me).
Old 09-27-14, 10:59 PM
that2JZguy
Driver

Had the car aligned at the local Toyota dealership before towing the car to Vegas. I've been buying parts from them for this build for 5 years so lots of the guys are familiar with the car and were happy to finally see it.

First night in Vegas. Glad to be accommodated by an old Supra friend who lent me the use of his garage.

All the Supras from every generation at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

Out cruising.

I was really glad to get to park next to my friend Len with the baltic blue 6spd to the right of my car. Len takes immaculate care of his car and it is truly one of the nicest Supras I have ever seen. He actually won "Best Unmodified MKIV Supra" at the event. My friend Steven's black car is poking its' nose out to the left.

Last edited by that2JZguy; 12-02-14 at 09:21 AM.
Old 12-02-14, 09:22 AM
that2JZguy
Driver

Old 12-02-14, 09:25 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The car looks incredible. Great work
Old 12-04-14, 09:10 PM
T0ked
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Beautiful Supra. Always loved these cars. You're build is amazing and what a monster. I also loved the fact that you kept the exterior stock... Please don't change it!
Old 12-08-14, 09:26 AM
that2JZguy
Driver

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
The car looks incredible. Great work
Thanks brother!

Originally Posted by T0ked
Beautiful Supra. Always loved these cars. You're build is amazing and what a monster. I also loved the fact that you kept the exterior stock... Please don't change it!
Thank you so much. The exterior will always stay stock. I couldn't bring myself to change anything about it ever. The Supra in stock form is just way too beautiful to look at. Anything else ruins it.

Birds of a feather flock together.

Little video

http://vid61.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3a661e1f.mp4