Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Redneck road rage. 6 million views

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-14, 12:08 AM
pman6
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Redneck road rage. 6 million views

How did I miss this.

Driver was passing cars at 55mph, but not passing fast enough for the "redneck" behind her.
Redneck pulls up alongside her and shows her the tricks his Ferd can do.

Here's where he spun out-------

Last edited by pman6; 03-29-14 at 01:35 AM.
Old 03-29-14, 01:00 AM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Lol theres a ***** named karma.
Old 03-29-14, 04:09 AM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lol ??....how did he spin out of control like that ? Bt that was totally deserved
Old 03-29-14, 07:12 AM
jbjones85
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

heard about this on the radio.. I don't get people that drive like d-bags.... where do you have to be that is thatttttt important.
Old 03-29-14, 07:43 AM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts

While he fully deserved it, she is not without wrongdoing either. Why the hell was she in the left lane? She could have just as easily been the one in the median the way she swiveling around with that phone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using IB AutoGroup
Old 03-29-14, 07:55 AM
dc893
Lead Lap

Driving in Florida sucks. I would bet I pass on the right about 80% of the time. I believe she is also a contributing factor to this accident. If somebody is tailgating you when you are in the left lane move the heck over after you pass. The other problem I have with the lady is she witnessed an accident where somebody could have been injured and yet she did not stop to see if the guy was okay. Both parties here are stupid.

Last edited by dc893; 03-29-14 at 07:58 AM.
Old 03-29-14, 07:59 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by BrettJacks
While he fully deserved it, she is not without wrongdoing either. Why the hell was she in the left lane? She could have just as easily been the one in the median the way she swiveling around with that phone. Sent from my Nexus 4 using IB AutoGroup
She said she wasn't on a freeway so there is no left fast lane rule. Plus she was making a left within the next half a mile. I don't think she really did anything wrong. She has more patience than me, that's for sure lol.
Old 03-29-14, 08:10 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Old 03-29-14, 08:25 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

That's hilarious LOL and totally deserved
Old 03-29-14, 08:58 AM
SteVTEC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dc893
Driving in Florida sucks. I would bet I pass on the right about 80% of the time. I believe she is also a contributing factor to this accident. If somebody is tailgating you when you are in the left lane move the heck over after you pass. The other problem I have with the lady is she witnessed an accident where somebody could have been injured and yet she did not stop to see if the guy was okay. Both parties here are stupid.
It was a local highway and she was already passing people who were going slower on the right. 55 seemed plenty fast for conditions. And she did stop afterwards. You need to watch the full video on youtube and not just the clips from the news report.
Old 03-29-14, 08:59 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Although I don't condone the SuperDuty HillBilly's stupidity, I agree with some of you that from the clip the lady driver was essentially an instigator. Drivers who hog the left lane at the same speed as right-lane traffic is a pet peeve of mine and essentially tells me you are either deliberately wanting to cause the driver behind you grief or you're simply oblivious to your surroundings in which case you are a danger on the road and should not be driving.

BTW, I was trying to figure out which car she's driving and after careful analysis of some quick shots of the clues (air vent, gauges, rear headrests, side mirrors, and rear 3/4 panel and door handle), my vote is on the Jeep Patriot.
Old 03-29-14, 09:21 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Although I don't condone the SuperDuty HillBilly's stupidity, I agree with some of you that from the clip the lady driver was essentially an instigator. Drivers who hog the left lane at the same speed as right-lane traffic is a pet peeve of mine and essentially tells me you are either deliberately wanting to cause the driver behind you grief or you're simply oblivious to your surroundings in which case you are a danger on the road and should not be driving.
The law, though, doesn't always see it that way. Legally, if someone in the left lane is doing the posted speed limit, even if they holding up traffic, they are usually in the clear. If those behind that driver want to go faster, refuse to slow down, and try and pass on the right, then that's THEIR problem......THEY are ones risking getting a ticket.

Here, BTW, is a brief summary of typical state laws: I'm not saying that I necessarily agree with all these laws, but here they are for the record:

http://tntrafficsafety.org/sites/def...s/fastlane.pdf

Are you tired of slow drivers blocking “the fast
lane”? Do you believe it is the slow driver in the
fast lane, not the aggressive driver, who is the
real menace to society?

Perhaps no other aspect of road travel is so laden
with myth as “the fast lane.” The truth is, life in
the fast lane can be deadly unless everyone
knows the rules. So here’s the scoop:

BUCKLE UP! It’s a Lifesaver.

The posted speed limit is a law that
applies to ALL lanes.

Thus, technically speaking, there is no fast
lane or slow lane. Slower traffic generally is
expected to keep right, but only emergency
vehicles are permitted to exceed the posted
speed limit and only when their lights and
sirens are operating.

Speed surveys indicate the majority of
drivers exceed the posted speed limit.
The “slow driver” in your way may, in fact,
be obeying the speed limit. Check YOUR
speedometer.

Your speed even when passing should not
exceed the posted speed limit.

If you are driving the speed limit, and the vehicle
in front of you is driving the speed limit,
there is no need to pass.

Generally speaking, it is safest to stay out
of the left lane except when passing.
Many states have laws that reserve the left
lane for passing, although states vary as to
the types of roads and vehicles for which the
restriction applies.

Last edited by mmarshall; 03-29-14 at 10:00 AM.
Old 03-29-14, 09:27 AM
SteVTEC
Lexus Test Driver

she wasn't hogging the left lane. The full clip clearly showed her passing other cars. She wasn't instigating anything. This guy was just a full on douche bag.
Old 03-29-14, 09:33 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

BTW, I was trying to figure out which car she's driving and after careful analysis of some quick shots of the clues (air vent, gauges, rear headrests, side mirrors, and rear 3/4 panel and door handle), my vote is on the Jeep Patriot.
Didn't you see they passed another truck on the right lane ? so it's not the same speed as the right-lane traffic at all ... I think he instigated her by keep tailgating her car, and he could just have passed and go as fast as he desire, even before they passed the other truck, and no need for the finger ...
Old 03-29-14, 09:58 AM
dc893
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SteVTEC
It was a local highway and she was already passing people who were going slower on the right. 55 seemed plenty fast for conditions. And she did stop afterwards. You need to watch the full video on youtube and not just the clips from the news report.
All this woman did was instigate this moron and she is lucky that nobody got killed. She stayed in the left lane after she passed the slow vehicle on the right. I am NOT saying the dumb redneck was right as he is equally at fault in this situation. There is no reason to stay in the left lane with some pissed off idiot tailgating you unless you are trying to **** them off even more.

Quick Reply: Redneck road rage. 6 million views