Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Redneck road rage. 6 million views

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-14, 12:56 PM
UpSideDown
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All I see in this video are 2 rednecks, that can't cooperate on the road. One can't control his temper and his car, while the other one won't loose pride and triggered an situation, filmed it vertically with her cell phone and laughed like a redneck about the other rednecks mishap.
Old 03-31-14, 01:03 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 59 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by rdgdawg
Hang out in WI for a while, people LIVE in the left lane... won't move for anything, even emergency vehicles, see it all the time... EXCEPTION... suddenly darting across three lanes cuz synapses of the brain hit and they realized they were at their exit, almost causing further accidents

VOTE- that being said, dude was a douche and at fault... looks like modified or stealth Raptor (exposing he doesn't know the laws of physics and front-loaded weight when performing sharp maneuvers)... she was passing cars, she had a turn coming and she did stop afterwards... however, shooting it on her phone, another matter for law enforcement...
It wasn't a Raptor. It was an 08-10 super duty. Couldn't make out if it was a 250 or 350, but it was one of the two. It had the 6.4 powerstroke, which means more weight on the front end and tons of torque at the rear wheels.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using IB AutoGroup
Old 03-31-14, 01:23 PM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UpSideDown
All I see in this video are 2 rednecks, that can't cooperate on the road. One can't control his temper and his car, while the other one won't loose pride and triggered an situation, filmed it vertically with her cell phone and laughed like a redneck about the other rednecks mishap.
That's exactly what it is.
And the only reason the women was not charge I believe is because thanks to her video they were able to identify him and make him responsible to pay the damages the county would have had to pay otherwise,
Old 03-31-14, 03:30 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Ahh, another of those people who don't take responsibility for their own actions. That is the problem with society today, it is always someone else's fault. He could have chosen to ignore her and he would not have smashed up his truck.[/QUOTE]

You misunderstood my difusing statement. Once road rage begins, it's a dangerous situation. The idea, and any official will tell you, is to difuse the situation. She egged him on by remaning in her lane and filming. That in turn made the problem escalate. She may have been original cause of the entire thing, but she was handily responsible for making it worse with her actions. That is where she failed. Then the other guy got what he deserved with the crash.
Old 03-31-14, 03:37 PM
dat dude
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally I think she purposely wanted to start trouble. As C mentioned she was expecting trouble. Perhaps she wanted to drive slow in the left lane and record peoples reaction. Just my 2 cents. Could be wrong though.
Old 03-31-14, 03:40 PM
stlgrym3
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by dat dude
Personally I think she purposely wanted to start trouble. As C mentioned she was expecting trouble. Perhaps she wanted to drive slow in the left lane and record peoples reaction. Just my 2 cents. Could be wrong though.
you're not wrong. throughout the video the truck wasn't tailgating her at all. it was a good half a car length between the two vehicle at any point of the video before the truck decided to past the car. imo, tailgating means right on your rear bumper and/or with high beam flashing. i didn't see neither of those in the video. i agree, the lady wanted to shoot some video so she can post on youtube and ended up caused some guy a lot of $$$ or even trouble with law.
Old 03-31-14, 07:15 PM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by stlgrym3
you're not wrong. throughout the video the truck wasn't tailgating her at all. it was a good half a car length between the two vehicle at any point of the video before the truck decided to past the car. imo, tailgating means right on your rear bumper and/or with high beam flashing. i didn't see neither of those in the video. i agree, the lady wanted to shoot some video so she can post on youtube and ended up caused some guy a lot of $$$ or even trouble with law.
That is exatcly my interpretation as well. It doesn;t look to me as tailgating at all. I've been tailgate and they were inches in my bumper.. He is driving normaly.. At some point she accelerates... and he accelerates as well to flow with the traffic.. doesn;t look like he aggressively went after her.

Second action is him passing her. Notice that he pass her and he just look at her for a second but was not aggressive... but here is what generates the conflict.. as he pass her SHE STARTS ACCELERATING (min 1:10) so he doesn't go in front of her.. This is the point when he got pissed and show her the finger and accelerate really hard and lose the control.
I think the B%$# was looking for this and clearly generate the conflict.
Old 03-31-14, 07:40 PM
swajames
Pole Position

Received 466 Likes on 293 Posts

What he was doing absolutely was tailgating.

For someone to imply that a "good half a car length" is sufficient a gap for vehicles in motion and thus too big a gap to considered tailgating is just ludicrous.
Old 03-31-14, 08:00 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

1 car length for every 10 mph. So he should have been 5 or 6 car lengths back.
Old 03-31-14, 08:02 PM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BrettJacks
It means we're all tailgaters..LOL
Old 03-31-14, 08:11 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by keyframe13
It means we're all tailgaters..LOL
Which just backs up my feeling that everybody can go to hell.
Old 03-31-14, 08:13 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Two things I hate...

1) People who poke along in the left lane (get over already)
2) People using their iPhones will driving.

I guess I will also spin out someday.
Old 03-31-14, 09:41 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
Two things I hate...

1) People who poke along in the left lane (get over already)
You may dislike it, but it is perfectly legal as long as they aren't exceeding the posted limit. In most states, the posted speed limit applies to ALL lanes, although slower traffic is encouraged to keep right. Pracically speaking, though, most state troopers (and cameras) don't ticket for anything within 10 MPH or so above the posted limit.

2) People using their iPhones will driving.
OK...you have a point on that one. It is clearly illegal in many states, and STRONGLY discouraged in others.

I guess I will also spin out someday.
Why? You don't have to. Simply learning a little paitience is good for everyone.
Old 03-31-14, 09:47 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by BrettJacks
I'm with you......that's the spacing-ideal, if possible.

But if you have ever driven in the D.C. area, SoCal/L.A., or in and around a number of other large cities, there is simply so much traffic that keeping proper spacing between cars is difficult or impossible, no matter what the speed. You can't pour a gallon of traffic into a quart-sized road...the road simply can't accomodate it.
Old 03-31-14, 10:08 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I'm with you......that's the spacing-ideal, if possible.

But if you have ever driven in the D.C. area, SoCal/L.A., or in and around a number of other large cities, there is simply so much traffic that keeping proper spacing between cars is difficult or impossible, no matter what the speed. You can't pour a gallon of traffic into a quart-sized road...the road simply can't accomodate it.
I hear you, it gets packed in on my daily commute to work here in Vegas. At night though, even when there is very little traffic on the freeway, I get people all the time who follow me so close that I can not see their headlights.

But obviously this guy had room.

Like I said, both drivers suck. She shouldn't be messing around with her phone like that, and he shouldn't act like a douche.

Quick Reply: Redneck road rage. 6 million views