Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Redneck road rage. 6 million views

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-14, 06:50 AM
GoFastTSI
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yardie876
She said she wasn't on a freeway so there is no left fast lane rule. Plus she was making a left within the next half a mile. I don't think she really did anything wrong. She has more patience than me, that's for sure lol.
Wrong, impeding the flow of traffic is still a citable offense on a two lane if you are not allowing traffic to flow which she was not based on the fact she passed all of two vehicles the entire video (former LEO here). She precipitated this incident and as already stated she left the scene of an accident as well. She could have easily moved over but instead she paced the vehicles in the right lane "because she could" which is the mentality of most today it seems. When she saw the driver behind her was agitated she decided to video it and then laughed that he got in an accident. I don't in any way condone his douchebag move next to her but she could have just moved over, let him pass, and continued with her day.
Old 03-31-14, 07:18 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by GoFastTSI
Wrong, impeding the flow of traffic is still a citable offense on a two lane if you are not allowing traffic to flow which she was not based on the fact she passed all of two vehicles the entire video (former LEO here). She precipitated this incident and as already stated she left the scene of an accident as well. She could have easily moved over but instead she paced the vehicles in the right lane "because she could" which is the mentality of most today it seems. When she saw the driver behind her was agitated she decided to video it and then laughed that he got in an accident. I don't in any way condone his douchebag move next to her but she could have just moved over, let him pass, and continued with her day.
If she's going over the speed limit how is she impeding the traffic? It's a 45mph zone that slows down to 35mph. She didn't have to move over on that road. I've had many a douchbags tailgate me on that road and I don't switch lanes because I have to make a left up ahead on that road as many others do. If the douchebag behind me is getting agitated they can just go around me, and if they swerved and crashed in front of me for driving like an idiot I would have laughed my *** off too and kept driving.
Old 03-31-14, 07:20 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Diesel350
If she's going over the speed limit how is she impeding the traffic? It's a 45mph zone that slows down to 35mph. She didn't have to move over on that road. I've had many a douchbags tailgate me on that road and I don't switch lanes because I have to make a left up ahead on that road as many others do. If the douchebag behind me is getting agitated they can just go around me, and if they swerved and crashed in front of me for driving like an idiot I would have laughed my *** off too and kept driving.
Well stated!
Old 03-31-14, 07:22 AM
GoFastTSI
Pole Position

I really enjoyed ticketing people with your mentality.
Old 03-31-14, 07:39 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Not sure where you are seeing she left the scene of an accident. At the end of the video, I see her car stopped there.

Yes--it may be wise to let some moron go by you, because the accident just as easily could have ended up involving her car, but I'm not sure where in the law is the concept that you have to pull to the right lane to let some dope excessively speeding go by. In Pennsylvania, they go after drivers like the one in the pickup for aggressive driving.

Last edited by tex2670; 03-31-14 at 08:17 AM.
Old 03-31-14, 07:42 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

I really enjoyed ticketing people with your mentality.
Really? You ticket people for following the law? It's people like you that give a negative perception of law enforcement. Where's your high ethical standards?
Old 03-31-14, 07:46 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

I live in that area and drive on this road all the time. Anyone that says she was driving slow and should have moved over doesn't know what their taking about. The posted speed limit is 45 mph and then the area he crashed slows down to a 35 mph so they were both going way over the speed limit. How is it her fault for not moving over when she's already speeding? There are cops on this road all the time because idiots like that speed and cause accidents. I've seen some pretty nasty wrecks on this road and I always drive the speed limit regardless if there is some douchebag tailgating me. That truck driver deserves everything he gets including getting arrested. Hope they take away his license for a long time.
Thank you for your informative post
Originally Posted by Dave600hL
Ahh, another of those people who don't take responsibility for their own actions. That is the problem with society today, it is always someone else's fault. He could have chosen to ignore her and he would not have smashed up his truck.
Excellent point
Old 03-31-14, 07:47 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Really? You ticket people for following the law? It's people like you that give a negative perception of law enforcement. Where's your high ethical standards?
We may already know.

Last edited by Joeb427; 03-31-14 at 08:06 AM.
Old 03-31-14, 07:47 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SteVTEC
she wasn't hogging the left lane. The full clip clearly showed her passing other cars. She wasn't instigating anything. This guy was just a full on douche bag.
+1..... and unfortunately there's a million of these idiots out there
Old 03-31-14, 08:20 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by yowps3
I blame the one with the camera recording. She should have moved over and made way for the truck behind her. Obviously he was in a hurry to get somewhere, what gives her the right to hog the road?
So we should all just yield to those who are in a hurry?

Not sure how driving above the speed limit on a 2 lane road with other traffic is hogging the road?
Old 03-31-14, 08:24 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SteVTEC
she wasn't hogging the left lane. The full clip clearly showed her passing other cars. She wasn't instigating anything. This guy was just a full on douche bag.
Could she have just moved over and let him by? Of course. Should she have done that, not knowing if this guy was potentially violent or dangerous, or could have gotten her caught up in an accident? Maybe. Did she make the situation more dangerous by taking a video of the situation while driving? Again, maybe (or maybe she just wanted evidence for insurance if this guy hit her).

But--the pickup driver is the one who's in the wrong here--plain and simple.
Old 03-31-14, 10:39 AM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tex2670
Could she have just moved over and let him by? Of course. Should she have done that, not knowing if this guy was potentially violent or dangerous, or could have gotten her caught up in an accident? Maybe. Did she make the situation more dangerous by taking a video of the situation while driving? Again, maybe (or maybe she just wanted evidence for insurance if this guy hit her).

But--the pickup driver is the one who's in the wrong here--plain and simple.
You and others who think she shouldnt move really need to get a ticket to go update your knowledge to use the public roads.

This is from Florida Driving Handbook
Drive in the right lane and pass on the left. If there are three lanes, use the right lane for lower speed driving, the left for passing. If you stay in the right lane, watch for cars entering the expressway. Adjust your speed or move into the center lane so they can enter safely.

Right-of-way

Who has the right-of-way in Florida? The answer is no one! The law only says who must yield (give up) the right-of-way. Every driver, motorcyclist, moped rider, bicyclist and pedestrian must do everything possible to avoid a crash.

I drove in Europe most of my life and when someone was behind me as in this situation flashing high beams is a normal and polite method used to signal the intention to overtake. Or another method is to put his left signal. People would just move away when safe
It's just courtesy and sharing the road peaceful. One time you'll be in a hurry and you'll appreciate one driver who understand your intentions and not playing hard ball with you just because he can. Let's be honest here, we all end up doing this at least few times for varies reasons.
Old 03-31-14, 11:05 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by keyframe13
You and others who think she shouldnt move really need to get a ticket to go update your knowledge to use the public roads.

This is from Florida Driving Handbook
Drive in the right lane and pass on the left. If there are three lanes, use the right lane for lower speed driving, the left for passing. If you stay in the right lane, watch for cars entering the expressway. Adjust your speed or move into the center lane so they can enter safely.

Right-of-way

Who has the right-of-way in Florida? The answer is no one! The law only says who must yield (give up) the right-of-way. Every driver, motorcyclist, moped rider, bicyclist and pedestrian must do everything possible to avoid a crash.

I drove in Europe most of my life and when someone was behind me as in this situation flashing high beams is a normal and polite method used to signal the intention to overtake. Or another method is to put his left signal. People would just move away when safe
It's just courtesy and sharing the road peaceful. One time you'll be in a hurry and you'll appreciate one driver who understand your intentions and not playing hard ball with you just because he can. Let's be honest here, we all end up doing this at least few times for varies reasons.
Frankly, what they do in Europe is irrelevant. Yes, they have great lane discipline--unfortunately, we do not here in the USA.

I've been in a hurry plenty of times, and been frustrated behind a clueless left lane squatter even more frequently. It doesn't make it ok to behave like that. Period.
Old 03-31-14, 11:11 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Hang out in WI for a while, people LIVE in the left lane... won't move for anything, even emergency vehicles, see it all the time... EXCEPTION... suddenly darting across three lanes cuz synapses of the brain hit and they realized they were at their exit, almost causing further accidents

VOTE- that being said, dude was a douche and at fault... looks like modified or stealth Raptor (exposing he doesn't know the laws of physics and front-loaded weight when performing sharp maneuvers)... she was passing cars, she had a turn coming and she did stop afterwards... however, shooting it on her phone, another matter for law enforcement...
Old 03-31-14, 12:28 PM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5043827.html

If this video were a food, its instructions would read, "Instant karma. Just add water and mix with included road rage."

After a minute of nonstop tailgating by a huge truck, the woman in this video, identified only as "Florida Driver," is passed by the vehicle, whose driver flips her the bird and yells an unintelligible insult.

"I couldn't move over because there were trucks in the right lane," Florida Driver writes in the video description, "and I sure as heck wasn't going to speed on a rainy day with the roads being as slick as they were."

The videographer, who says she was driving in Tampa, writes that she never mouthed off at the guy, didn't brake check him, and -- except for holding up her phone -- was paying attention to the road.

Shortly after flipping the bird, the driver of the truck loses control of his vehicle, spins across a median and through oncoming traffic (though no one was hit). He comes to a rest only after taking out a light pole.

According to Florida Driver, "He initially fled the scene of the accident, but thanks to this video he has been caught and charged."

In a release obtained by The Huffington Post, Florida Highway Patrol confirmed the driver, identified as Jeffrey Travis White, was later charged with leaving the scene of a traffic crash.

"Using information contained in the video provided by the witness, State Troopers located White at his Tampa residence and arrested him for Leaving the Scene of a Traffic Crash, Careless Driving and failing to wear his seatbelt," the FHP release notes.

Looks like the only injury was to this guy's pride. And probably his insurance premium.
Does not say the woman was charged...

Quick Reply: Redneck road rage. 6 million views