Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Redneck road rage. 6 million views

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-14, 05:45 PM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm with you 100%--but give her some slack... She was driving 50 mph while shooting that...
Old 03-29-14, 11:25 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

I am one to have road rage. I hate people who drive under the speed limit, of which I admit to tailgating. I also hate people who tailgate me when I am driving faster than the speed limit. I am sorry but its nothing I can control, its a reflex.

If someone is tailgating you, just move out of the way.
Old 03-30-14, 04:59 AM
yowps3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I blame the one with the camera recording. She should have moved over and made way for the truck behind her. Obviously he was in a hurry to get somewhere, what gives her the right to hog the road?

On a side note I absolutely despise people who use their phone while driving. If I had my way I'd put a bullet in the heads of those who TEXT, update their FACEBOOK STATUS & DRIVE. Those morons are the absolute worse.

Last edited by yowps3; 03-30-14 at 05:06 AM.
Old 03-30-14, 06:56 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by yowps3
I blame the one with the camera recording. She should have moved over and made way for the truck behind her. Obviously he was in a hurry to get somewhere, what gives her the right to hog the road? On a side note I absolutely despise people who use their phone while driving. If I had my way I'd put a bullet in the heads of those who TEXT, update their FACEBOOK STATUS & DRIVE. Those morons are the absolute worse.
....Well I think that makes most of us glad you don't have your way. Those who text and drive need a ticket, not a bullet.
Old 03-30-14, 07:15 AM
stlgrym3
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
I am one to have road rage. I hate people who drive under the speed limit, of which I admit to tailgating. I also hate people who tailgate me when I am driving faster than the speed limit. I am sorry but its nothing I can control, its a reflex.

If someone is tailgating you, just move out of the way.
, exactly, people who drive slower than speed limits for no reason don't realize they're part of the problem too. often accidents were caused by unnecessary lane changes by the driver behind those idiots hogging the wide open lanes driving under the limits.
Old 03-30-14, 07:18 AM
stlgrym3
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

not much road rage there other than flipping at the driver. but if i'm that lady posted this video, i better hope that "red neck" isn't some computer geek that can track her down from her youtube name. cuz you never know by outside appearances nowadays. rule of the thumb, just pull away already, especially when you're driving under the limit or behind traffic flow for no good reason, and you don't post video making fun of an accident like this, fender benders i get it, but not this.
Old 03-30-14, 08:16 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
If you look at the 2 second mark, you see the tail end of the flat bed truck, then for the next 50 seconds you don't which means she was beside that truck that entire time until she finally passed him.

The other thing to think about is if she started recording video in the first place, this tells me she was already expecting trouble. Why else would you be holding your phone up (Vertical Video ) and be recording the guy behind you while you know you are holding him up because you're beside the flatbed truck? Then in the end, the guy crashes, he could have been hurt, and she's celebrating it? Yes the guy was an idiot and legally 100% his fault, but the lady ethically made some poor choices that contributed to the incident.
We really don't know if the flat bed truck is right next to her or ahead of her (even slightly)since we can't see, and that maybe exactly the reason she can't safely move over the right lane ? Plus she is already doing more than 55 mph in a 50 mph zone BEFORE she finally passed the flatbed, plus, according to her she was going to make a left soon.
So no obligation to go even further pass the speed limit just because some jerk is trying to bully you out of the way by tailgating, which is dangerous.
I hate tailgaters, if you are really in a hurry, just honk gently a couple times, and people will get the message, much better than tailgate. Tailgating instead of honking gently will **** me or most people off too.

Besides, I don't think she broke any law, she has no conscious of guilt, she stopped after the accident , called the police and gave them her video. OTOH, that tailgater fled the scene, and police have to arrest him at his home.

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/vi...karma.cnn.html

Yes, she could have been a little more courteous, but maybe the obnoxious tailgating initially pissed her off first.
Old 03-30-14, 01:02 PM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
We really don't know if the flat bed truck is right next to her or ahead of her (even slightly)since we can't see, and that maybe exactly the reason she can't safely move over the right lane ? Plus she is already doing more than 55 mph in a 50 mph zone BEFORE she finally passed the flatbed, plus, according to her she was going to make a left soon. .
How soon? she already drove for miles recording him, the intersection he lost control had a left lane, she is not taking that one.. so she's clearly lying... She was in that lane just to **** him off obviously

Driving posted limit is no excuse to stay in the fast lane. We have an interstate here in Florida I4 , the poste limit is 50miles yet if you drive 50miles on the fast lane you are really an ***. Everyone goes at least 60. It's just courtesy. move away. the road is no better on that lane..

Again, if you see the video he passed and ignored her completely.. I doubt her story, he had a good distance all the time. After he passed her (and ignored her) she accelerate and not let him go in front. That is what pissed him off and make him showed her the finger and accelerate after.
If he was after her he would have showed her the finger the first time.
This is my interpretation and i think if the police let her go without a ticket they made a mistake. She is just as guilty.
Old 03-30-14, 02:12 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 817 Likes on 568 Posts

Why is it that anyone in a large truck is a "Red Neck" ? Some people have a need for this type of vihecle for work or to possibly pull a million dollar boat.
Old 03-30-14, 02:51 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

thanks for the laugh . The video was great. Divine retribution like a ****
Old 03-30-14, 10:04 PM
Nospinzone

Received 407 Likes on 315 Posts

Old 03-31-14, 02:09 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Both are at fault, but one gets away with it and the other crashes. The lady should be punished for egging him on with the filming alone.

The idea in situations like that is to DIFUSE it, not make it worse. She made it worse instead of better. Shame on her for acting dangerous and immature.
Old 03-31-14, 03:00 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by yowps3
I blame the one with the camera recording. She should have moved over and made way for the truck behind her. Obviously he was in a hurry to get somewhere, what gives her the right to hog the road?
So much of a hurry he had time to pull up beside her, slow down and give her the bird.

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Both are at fault, but one gets away with it and the other crashes. The lady should be punished for egging him on with the filming alone.

The idea in situations like that is to DIFUSE it, not make it worse. She made it worse instead of better. Shame on her for acting dangerous and immature.
Ahh, another of those people who don't take responsibility for their own actions. That is the problem with society today, it is always someone else's fault. He could have chosen to ignore her and he would not have smashed up his truck.

Last edited by Dave600hL; 03-31-14 at 04:48 AM.
Old 03-31-14, 05:49 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

I live in that area and drive on this road all the time. Anyone that says she was driving slow and should have moved over doesn't know what their taking about. The posted speed limit is 45 mph and then the area he crashed slows down to a 35 mph so they were both going way over the speed limit. How is it her fault for not moving over when she's already speeding? There are cops on this road all the time because idiots like that speed and cause accidents. I've seen some pretty nasty wrecks on this road and I always drive the speed limit regardless if there is some douchebag tailgating me. That truck driver deserves everything he gets including getting arrested. Hope they take away his license for a long time.
Old 03-31-14, 05:50 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
So much of a hurry he had time to pull up beside her, slow down and give her the bird.

Ahh, another of those people who don't take responsibility for their own actions. That is the problem with society today, it is always someone else's fault. He could have chosen to ignore her and he would not have smashed up his truck.

Quick Reply: Redneck road rage. 6 million views