Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Redneck road rage. 6 million views

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-14, 10:08 AM
Diemellz
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

LMAO @ flicking someone off just to spin out n crash, ****ing Hilarious….
Old 03-29-14, 10:15 AM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts

I love how if you try to point out the woman's fault, that people automatically jump to the conclusion that you are defending the *** in the truck.

They're both morons. The guy in the truck shouldn't have been tailgating. He got his just rewards IMO.

The woman in the van shouldn't have been filming with her phone. I don't know the laws in Florida, but I'm willing to bet that was illegal. She could easily have missed somebody pulling in front of her while she was focusing on the guy behind her. Since this wasn't a freeway, she might not be legally obligated to move over. But why not humor the guy? What do you have to lose by moving over for 10 seconds and letting him move on. Sure you might not get the feeling of 'justice', but you do go home in one piece, so there's that.
Old 03-29-14, 10:17 AM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Whitigir
Lol ??....how did he spin out of control like that ? Bt that was totally deserved
1. Road was wet
2. Empty trucks have most of their weight on the front end.
3. That truck came with 650 lb/ft from the factory. Odds are he's not stock. He was mashing it while changing trajectories. Simple physics.
Old 03-29-14, 10:20 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Diemellz
LMAO @ flicking someone off just to spin out n crash, ****ing Hilarious…
That's how I look at it to. Irony, karma at it's finest
Old 03-29-14, 10:26 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

IMO, Billy Redneck in the pickup got exactly what he deserved.
Old 03-29-14, 10:35 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,705 Likes on 2,290 Posts

The guy was 100% at fault, it doesn't matter what the lady did. He gunned it and lost control of his truck, driving skill FAIL.
Old 03-29-14, 11:13 AM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yep all that weight in the front no weight in the back = spin out but yeah in the video she had ample space to get over and in the video she said she didnt. She shouldve just gotten her *** in the right lane though,
Old 03-29-14, 11:31 AM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope Karma gets her too. He instigate clearly. The guy passed her on the right and was trying to go but she accelerates and that's how the guy shows her the finger. She basically didn;t let him go.
She is clearly the bully not him IMO. He is just an idiot who cannot control his car. She should be charge too.
Not only she unnecessary occupied that lane but the law say that if a person tailgate you the best approach is to pull on the right lane and let him pass. She had many occasions but she wanted show.
This time he paid, I hope she will soon too.
Old 03-29-14, 02:11 PM
pman6
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm not so sure she sped up much. No way she has that much torque to speed up to 70 in her jeep.

at 1:07 It looks like the guy sped up, looked back to taunt her, saw her camera phone, and because of it.... slowed down to flip her off and mess with her some more.
Old 03-29-14, 02:24 PM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by pman6
I'm not so sure she sped up much. No way she has that much torque to speed up to 70 in her jeep.

at 1:07 It looks like the guy sped up, looked back to taunt her, saw her camera phone, and because of it.... slowed down to flip her off and mess with her some more.
She clearly speed up. if he would break he wouldn;t break so much to go so way behind , he would stop at her window. He could control that. She clearly speed up to not let hin pass in front of her and after showing her the finger(because of this move) he accelerated really hard so he gets in front of her and that cause the accident.
Old 03-29-14, 02:25 PM
socalcpa
Driver School Candidate

The guy is an idiot and got what he deserved. The woman should be ticketed for unsafe / distracted driving. I hate morons who use their phones while driving. Half of US population can barely drive even without the distractions, and are a major road hazard when they try to call, text or use a camera. I fully support the CA law that prohibits the use of phones when driving and wish it was enforced more strictly.
Old 03-29-14, 02:33 PM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by socalcpa
The guy is an idiot and got what he deserved. The woman should be ticketed for unsafe / distracted driving. I hate morons who use their phones while driving. Half of US population can barely drive even without the distractions, and are a major road hazard when they try to call, text or use a camera. I fully support the CA law that prohibits the use of phones when driving and wish it was enforced more strictly.
I am so with you on that, Especially on highway they get their phones glued to their ears. I wish they would be banned completely. But I guess some more people needs to die because of that.
Old 03-29-14, 02:38 PM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't stop to check on that guy, if I was the lady. What if he murders you for causing him to crash ?

Also, if I was the lady, I wouldn't drive like that....I can't believe the lady was driving, while filming to the back, on the side, to the front, and Intentionally knew that guy was tail gating and still Intentionally Pushed him over the edge.
Old 03-29-14, 02:47 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Both should not be on the road, very immature. The guy is a idiot for tailgating and driving like that in such a big clumsy vehicle and she is not much better hanging out in the left lane, filming the guy when she should be paying attention to driving, accelerating as he passes her. The guy in the pickup is more to blame and the aggressive anger is going to create bad situations which is exactly what happened but people who stay in the left lane who don't get over for faster traffic and then won't let you pass on the left are extremely annoying and dangerous.
Old 03-29-14, 03:05 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
Didn't you see they passed another truck on the right lane ? so it's not the same speed as the right-lane traffic at all ... I think he instigated her by keep tailgating her car, and he could just have passed and go as fast as he desire, even before they passed the other truck, and no need for the finger ...
If you look at the 2 second mark, you see the tail end of the flat bed truck, then for the next 50 seconds you don't which means she was beside that truck that entire time until she finally passed him.

The other thing to think about is if she started recording video in the first place, this tells me she was already expecting trouble. Why else would you be holding your phone up (Vertical Video ) and be recording the guy behind you while you know you are holding him up because you're beside the flatbed truck? Then in the end, the guy crashes, he could have been hurt, and she's celebrating it? Yes the guy was an idiot and legally 100% his fault, but the lady ethically made some poor choices that contributed to the incident.

Last edited by corradoMR2; 03-29-14 at 03:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Redneck road rage. 6 million views