Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Becoming a real "LexFather"...Welcome 2014 LS 460 F-sport

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-14, 09:25 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
I want baby pics

Back to LS discussion, how much of a premium is being charged for the anniversary cars?
I think 4-5k I read?

Originally Posted by blacksc400
Woo congrats on both babies!!

And I love the front lip! Wish they make something like it for my car.
Thanks. When I saw pics of it I had to go with it. So happy in person it really met my expectations.

Originally Posted by Need4Speed
Damn, your car is gorgeous. Congratulations on the new born. Riding in class
Thanks brother, I'll catch up with you soon.

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
14 IS, GX and CT all have the Gen 8 Nav. '15 RX doesn't get it but the '15 GS is supposed to
Pic today in the GX I am reviewing. Kinda ticked its not on the LS. It looks WAAAAY better and easier to read.

Old 08-18-14, 09:30 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Gotta watch those valets like a hawk. Some of them have even been arrested for abusing customers' cars.

15-16 in town isn't bad for a V8 in a car that size and weight. In cold weather (which generally increases fuel use), 15-17 is all I got in town with my IS300's straight-six. It was EPA-rated at only 23 Highway. (I think the best I did was about 25). That engine, BTW, has a reputation for using gas like a V8.....but also the smoothness of one.

She doesn't read CAR CHAT?

Maybe that's WHY she doesn't read it .......Junior probably takes up a lot of her time. Of course, that's the mark of a good mother. ....too many parents neglect their kids today.

Remember to switch the T/C off before you do the burrnout.
Thanks Mike. My wife is well aware of whats going on CL, she would never read here. She's been to countless Lexus meets and is supportive of the car scene. It's been amazing to see her become a mother and seeing unconditional love.

Originally Posted by rxonmymind
Congrats on the baby. Very cool. Just became a grandpa myself and bought my wife a "new"(50k) IS350C. But oh boy that car of yours is sweet. Wow. Congrats on a nice ride!
Congrats to you as well on the grandchild and IS C! Its my parents first so they are super super excited lol.

Old 08-18-14, 09:34 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by natnut
I think the crafted by Lexus LS is not much different from your current LS. I would not make the switch since mechanically, it's the same car but with cosmetic upgrades that you yourself don't wholeheartedly embrace.

May I make a suggestion? Trade your GS350 F-Sport for the GS450h F-Sport when it arrives in the US. The GS450h solves the low down torque deficiency of the 350 engine while giving up little in terms of outright handling on normal roads or even winding roads. That was my personal experience when I test drove both the GS450h F-Sport and the GS350 F-Sport. I'm sure I don't have to sell you on the sheer luxury of the locomotive like acceleration of a performance Lexus Hybrid powertrain ( your 3rd Gen GS450h is a legend on this forum). The passing and overtaking ability of the GS450h makes it seem like a car 100-150hp more powerful.
Hey bud, I wanted to answer this separately. If you read the beginning here I really desired red leather but its very hard to come by. To date I have even looked at some aftermarket companies but didn't pull the trigger. So this 2015 LS has me for a loop. To think I asked Lexus about it before i got my LS lol...

In regards to the 450h, I wish it was out 2 years ago, we would have gotten it. Now with the kid we are seeing the benefits to a larger vehicle and trunk space (the GS 450h trunk is much larger than my old 07 but still smaller than the 350). My wife just asked to check on a RX F-sport with the Cabernet interior. She really enjoyed the GX and the additional room. How life changes lol.....I was aiming to get her in a GS F but I think that will be a super tough sell now

So I'm going to play the lotto extra hard the next few months

Old 08-18-14, 11:32 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFather
Pic today in the GX I am reviewing. Kinda ticked its not on the LS. It looks WAAAAY better and easier to read.
Neat huh. International has had 3D for a few years now . The posted speed limit, one shot-address entry via voice works great, subscription free traffic and weather, predictive traffic, correct arrows for freeway lanes etc.. are some good upgrades.

One downside it reboots in the IS randomly, and is laggy in the CT. GX has behaved for me thus far.
Old 08-19-14, 04:20 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

My goodness that is a handsome son you have there Mike!

As for the interior, a comprimise idea might quench your needs as an interim solution. Maybe using Crafted parts you do the center console, arm rest and door panels of your LS? Might be just enough.
Old 08-21-14, 09:25 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Neat huh. International has had 3D for a few years now . The posted speed limit, one shot-address entry via voice works great, subscription free traffic and weather, predictive traffic, correct arrows for freeway lanes etc.. are some good upgrades.

One downside it reboots in the IS randomly, and is laggy in the CT. GX has behaved for me thus far.
Its fab in BMW, Benz, Audi and some others...it still feels behind the times compared to some of the new German cars. But progress is good.

Originally Posted by TripleL
My goodness that is a handsome son you have there Mike!

As for the interior, a comprimise idea might quench your needs as an interim solution. Maybe using Crafted parts you do the center console, arm rest and door panels of your LS? Might be just enough.
Well I figured I would start with something easy like the new floor mats I like your idea...

Compared to most, I think this look is pretty different. Its not finished but getting there. I envision a type of LS F-sport plus....

The vehicle now has a Skipper front carbon fiber lip and rear carbon fiber diffuser with quad exhaust tips. I am exploring exhaust options. The roof spoiler is getting done. The front carbon fiber license plate frame has HOLES since in Japan they have a front plate. I have some ideas.

Its not for everyone but this is clearly no LS done before.

Old 08-21-14, 09:39 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm did you painted the tails to super dark?
Old 08-21-14, 10:15 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

any pics of the rear exhaust
Old 08-22-14, 05:39 AM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

Thanks for the pic of your wonderous son!

Any chance you can get some Vossens on his carriage?
Old 08-22-14, 06:27 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Loving the new wheels!!
Old 08-22-14, 09:04 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Looks good Mike!