Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Becoming a real "LexFather"...Welcome 2014 LS 460 F-sport

Old 07-11-14, 04:51 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

Congrats Mike on the new Baby......
Old 07-22-14, 10:07 PM
LexFather

So I ordered some stuff from Japan

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Whoa that's cool. If that LS moved any further forward it would be lost in Lexus bliss
Thanks bro.. We played with the lighting

Originally Posted by doge
Congrats on the kid Mike, the baby looks adorable.
Thanks bro!

Originally Posted by adamls2
Just catching up on the changes, and they seem like some of the best!

Congrats all around man!
Thanks Adam.. C u at simply clean again?

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Congrats Mike on the new Baby......
Thanks Tony!

Old 07-22-14, 11:05 PM
Carmaker1
Instructor

Received 130 Likes on 56 Posts

Congratulations on the baby! It's always a wonderful gift and joy to bring a new life into the world. Something that will likely happen in a decade's time for me.
Old 07-23-14, 04:48 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFather
So I ordered some stuff from Japan
This sentence alone is just FANTASTIC!!!!!
Old 08-01-14, 11:02 AM
LexFather

Cool

Originally Posted by cmk1
Congratulations on the baby! It's always a wonderful gift and joy to bring a new life into the world. Something that will likely happen in a decade's time for me.
Thank you and you will love it!

Originally Posted by Tee
This sentence alone is just FANTASTIC!!!!!
Parts are on..well some of them....I don't want to spoil where the car is going to debut with a couple of the JDM parts but its going to be quite the bang with some truly amazing photography and scenery.

Lexus love it so far. Maybe one day Club Lexus would post it. It has been posted on the Lexus Facebook page the last two Friday's

https://www.facebook.com/lexus/photo...type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/lexus/photo...type=1&theater

Old 08-13-14, 12:49 PM
LexFather

I took the LS in for its first service at JM Lexus. They were incredible to deal with and got everything done right away. One thing odd was somehow the levy to open the trunk broke off. Really odd and I could only figure someone from a valet service mess with it possibly? It was fixed under warranty.

So far I'm averaging around 15.5 MPG which is expected and a throwback for me going back to a V-8 She stays thirsty! I can get 23/24 MPG on the highway as advertised which is good. I did drive an ES 300h recently and getting near 40MPG was awesome but I could not begin to trade cars.

One other thing now perplexing me is I have a 2014 GX 460 to do a review on and it has a birds eye/3D view and its a 2014. MY LS does not have it and it looks so much better in the GX. I'm confused here. The other thing is I clearly saw the "crafted by Lexus" LS so now I have to figure out do I make that move and if I did, would I do white or black. I am not a huge fan of the black gloss accents on the white car and it would be a PITA to switch it. Plus black/red seems sinister.

She's been parked for a couple of weeks now and I went to the car to retrieve something and it still smelled new and I missed her big *** Don't tell my wife.

In regards to Jr, he is well and just a joy to deal with, even when cranky. I've never been so busy, tired, happy all in one in my life lol. My wife has been amazing and watching her transition into motherhood is also a joy. We have been truly fortunate to have so many supportive friends and family and co-workers and it has made our transformation that much easier

Here is a quick pic I snapped of the LS with a couple new pieces...that is a JDM Skipper Carbon Fiber lip. To me it really accents the front grill/front end and frames the front exactly how I wanted.

I'll be shooting a full video soon enough.

Old 08-13-14, 12:55 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

I want baby pics

Back to LS discussion, how much of a premium is being charged for the anniversary cars?
Old 08-13-14, 05:10 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Woo congrats on both babies!!

And I love the front lip! Wish they make something like it for my car.
Old 08-13-14, 05:37 PM
Need4Speed
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Damn, your car is gorgeous. Congratulations on the new born. Riding in class
Old 08-13-14, 05:47 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

One other thing now perplexing me is I have a 2014 GX 460 to do a review on and it has a birds eye/3D view and its a 2014. MY LS does not have it and it looks so much better in the GX. I'm confused here.
14 IS, GX and CT all have the Gen 8 Nav. '15 RX doesn't get it but the '15 GS is supposed to
Old 08-13-14, 07:15 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,091 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
14 IS, GX and CT all have the Gen 8 Nav. '15 RX doesn't get it but the '15 GS is supposed to
pretty surprising the flagship (ls) doesn't get it for '15.
Old 08-13-14, 08:07 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

I took the LS in for its first service at JM Lexus. They were incredible to deal with and got everything done right away. One thing odd was somehow the levy to open the trunk broke off. Really odd and I could only figure someone from a valet service mess with it possibly? It was fixed under warranty.
Gotta watch those valets like a hawk. Some of them have even been arrested for abusing customers' cars.

So far I'm averaging around 15.5 MPG which is expected and a throwback for me going back to a V-8 She stays thirsty!
15-16 in town isn't bad for a V8 in a car that size and weight. In cold weather (which generally increases fuel use), 15-17 is all I got in town with my IS300's straight-six. It was EPA-rated at only 23 Highway. (I think the best I did was about 25). That engine, BTW, has a reputation for using gas like a V8.....but also the smoothness of one.

She's been parked for a couple of weeks now and I went to the car to retrieve something and it still smelled new and I missed her big *** Don't tell my wife.
She doesn't read CAR CHAT?

My wife has been amazing and watching her transition into motherhood is also a joy.
Maybe that's WHY she doesn't read it .......Junior probably takes up a lot of her time. Of course, that's the mark of a good mother. ....too many parents neglect their kids today.

Remember to switch the T/C off before you do the burrnout.
Old 08-13-14, 08:15 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
pretty surprising the flagship (ls) doesn't get it for '15.
I didn't say it wouldn't, just that the GS does and RX doesn't. So LS, ES, LX we aren't sure about yet. I personally believe the sedans will make the switch.
Old 08-14-14, 12:16 AM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on the baby. Very cool. Just became a grandpa myself and bought my wife a "new"(50k) IS350C. But oh boy that car of yours is sweet. Wow. Congrats on a nice ride!

Last edited by rxonmymind; 08-14-14 at 12:21 AM.
Old 08-14-14, 09:30 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

So far I'm averaging around 15.5 MPG which is expected and a throwback for me going back to a V-8 She stays thirsty! I can get 23/24 MPG on the highway as advertised which is good. I did drive an ES 300h recently and getting near 40MPG was awesome but I could not begin to trade cars.

One other thing now perplexing me is I have a 2014 GX 460 to do a review on and it has a birds eye/3D view and its a 2014. MY LS does not have it and it looks so much better in the GX. I'm confused here. The other thing is I clearly saw the "crafted by Lexus" LS so now I have to figure out do I make that move and if I did, would I do white or black. I am not a huge fan of the black gloss accents on the white car and it would be a PITA to switch it. Plus black/red seems sinister.

In regards to Jr, he is well and just a joy to deal with, even when cranky. I've never been so busy, tired, happy all in one in my life lol. My wife has been amazing and watching her transition into motherhood is also a joy. We have been truly fortunate to have so many supportive friends and family and co-workers and it has made our transformation that much easier

Here is a quick pic I snapped of the LS with a couple new pieces...that is a JDM Skipper Carbon Fiber lip. To me it really accents the front grill/front end and frames the front exactly how I wanted.

I think the crafted by Lexus LS is not much different from your current LS. I would not make the switch since mechanically, it's the same car but with cosmetic upgrades that you yourself don't wholeheartedly embrace.

May I make a suggestion? Trade your GS350 F-Sport for the GS450h F-Sport when it arrives in the US. The GS450h solves the low down torque deficiency of the 350 engine while giving up little in terms of outright handling on normal roads or even winding roads. That was my personal experience when I test drove both the GS450h F-Sport and the GS350 F-Sport. I'm sure I don't have to sell you on the sheer luxury of the locomotive like acceleration of a performance Lexus Hybrid powertrain ( your 3rd Gen GS450h is a legend on this forum). The passing and overtaking ability of the GS450h makes it seem like a car 100-150hp more powerful.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Becoming a real "LexFather"...Welcome 2014 LS 460 F-sport