Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Becoming a real "LexFather"...Welcome 2014 LS 460 F-sport

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-14, 11:19 AM
LexFather

I never really seriously considered a LS before...as many say "its an old man's car". When the current generation debuted I was stunned at how much I liked it, such a huge departure from the LS 430. Still it was not for me. When the Sport model debuted it intrigued me quite a bit and it kind of was like the first LS I could see myself in.

When the 2013 Debuted with over 3,000 new parts and the new "Spindle" front end, I was in love.

Every time I saw the car in pics or the rare time I saw it in person I always did a double/triple take. I guess I like my inner predator. The interior changes also were great and I loved the aluminum, the stitching and even got over the F-sport in the headrest (not my thing).

Last September Vossen was invited by Lexus Western Regional for the IS launch #itsyourmove event and they had a nice small road course to drive the different F-sport models. I took the LS through its paces out of curiosity and it actually wasn't bad at all! What really impressed me were the Brembo brakes. The car was much roomier than our GS. I did feel initial throttle response was a little slow (still do). Overall I left impressed as I've driven non F-sport LS's many times and its like a night/day difference.

That next week is when we found out my wife was pregnant. Maybe it was a sign . Initially when it was time to discuss vehicles I honestly wanted her to get what she wanted even as I was flirting with a new ride for quite sometime. We did some car shopping during December to Remember where my rents picked up a RX (trading in the HS) and we worked with multiple dealers on a RX F-sport but were not totally convinced this was the car or the move for us. We ended up letting the sale pass.

Everything changed during the Japan trip.

I met with Lexus in Japan for two days in January as part of the Vossen World Tour and the impression they left me was more of an imprint. It was like the the tattoo ink was on me but in Japan they pressed it in finally. Two full days of conversations and touring and meeting some of the most polite and intelligent people you could come across. To see the passion in their words in what they were trying to accomplish was amazing, it was genuine, there was no mask, no acting. We discussed a variety of topics and by the time we ended our last conversation at the sky lounge at the Conrad Tokyo it completely solidified my faith in the brand and its people. There is some loyalty here clearly and I don't care if some or all call me a fanboy or Lexus apologist and every other name in the book. I believe in the brand. I believe in the vehicles. After 18 long years of ownership it was time to get the father LS and like I've said in so many posts, Lexus now offers a car that appeals to me when I needed them to.

Still I posted the cars above b/c this wasn't as easy a decision as I wanted it to be. There are some amazing and compelling cars being offered by most every brand and considering the MSRP of a LS F-sport is around 87k with options there truly is a vast variety of new and used cars to choose from. Then I thought that all that Lexus the brand has done for me and I simply would not be where I am if that brand did not cause a "spark" inside me.

I was directed to JM Lexus which was my first non Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett purchase in over a decade. I still highly regard the team at Hennessy and will continue to work with them and recommend them. When the GM at JM and I spoke that is when I was told there were no white F-sports in the south east. NONE. There was black, Neubla Grey mostly. I wasn't in a rush at all so placed an order for a white F-sport with the usual packages. There were some options I would have liked (rear comfort package) but its not available. Having visited the L-select studio in January I really would have liked the red leather options they offer in Japan. This could not be done in the USA sadly.

The process was quite amazing, JM Lexus kept me updated seemingly every week. They then made a "Pull" and got me an incoming car that was on the water so I could receive my LS F-sport quicker. After about a month or so i got a call saying the car was at the port and would be delivered in a few days. My folks happened to be in town when I got the call Monday morning that the car was here! My dad being another die-hard Lexus enthusiast wanted to come but we had to take them to the airport. I honestly was just going to go Tuesday but my wife said "lets get your car". My wife and I drove around 40 miles to get to JM Lexus (passing multiple dealers there). We arrived and were greeted and the process was a snap. They asked if I wanted to test drive the car and I declined which seemed to surprise them. JM Lexus also is a Vossen dealer and I've attended some meets they hosts so we kind of already are in the same circle. The buying process was a breeze, they were friendly, fast and extremely courteous. Steve then walks up and says "congrats on your new LS" and we shook hands and I grinned clearly.

I could not be happier..and just today, I discovered there is a "Comfort" setting lol...

Old 04-04-14, 11:35 AM
Hoovey689
Forum Moderator

Received 126 Likes on 84 Posts

Such a great story bro! It's always nice to see the passion and appreciation
Old 04-04-14, 11:55 AM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts

The LS sure has come a long ways since my old 92.
Old 04-04-14, 12:36 PM
doge
Formerly Bad Co

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LexFather, did you over night your parts from Japan?

Sorry had to make the cheesy fast and furious joke
Old 04-05-14, 10:48 PM
Trexus
Forum Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

A Big Congrats on your new LS 460 F Sport...I love it...enjoy your car bro...
Old 04-05-14, 10:58 PM
Trexus
Forum Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
I'm shocked Lexus hasn't made you a poster child by now. You have/had IS, ES, GS and LS, and I know you have an HS in the family
His wifey owned an RX at one point...
Old 04-05-14, 11:45 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats Mike
Old 04-06-14, 08:19 AM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulation on your purchase :-D. Very Very awesome ride!!
Old 04-06-14, 08:36 AM
UZJ100GXR
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations on the baby and the other baby the LS. I admire your love and passion for Lexus. Enjoy in good health, hopefully someday it gets passed on to your kid.
Old 04-06-14, 09:57 PM
Tee

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

Congrats and welcome to the LS fam! Time post this news over in the LS forum buddy.
Old 04-07-14, 05:31 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats Mike, I know its not staying stock
Old 04-07-14, 09:03 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congratulations on the upcoming baby and becoming a father, Defiantly a sweet ride and awesome feedback.
Old 04-08-14, 04:23 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Congrats Mike, Just saw this thread as a few others did but noticed your signature last week and new something was up... The LS couldn't be more of a better fit for the you, wifey, and new baby on the way... classy, elegant, and roomy for baby and all the necessities. Getting another brand vehicle just wouldn't seem right IMO... with your stable of vehicles adding the LS was a perfect fit... Besides the reliability and safety is second to none..

Well deserved IMO... Congrats...
Old 04-08-14, 07:32 AM
rogers2
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Congrats on making big moves. That's what life is all about, moving forward.
Old 04-08-14, 10:53 AM
1111GS
Forum Moderator

Received 96 Likes on 84 Posts

I guess April fool doesn't work in Japan. Nice story, Mike. For some reasons my son doesn't think LS F Sport is an old man's car, just his dad Nice addition. Now don't disappoint us... make this your next project.
Attached Thumbnails Becoming a real "LexFather"...Welcome 2014 LS 460 F-sport-6002-small.jpg  

Quick Reply: Becoming a real "LexFather"...Welcome 2014 LS 460 F-sport