Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Becoming a real "LexFather"...Welcome 2014 LS 460 F-sport

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-14, 12:47 PM
dat dude
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Allen K
Who says the BR-Z won't work?

From the Edmunds Long Term Review of the BRZ
Wow! Is that a Recaro child seat?
Old 03-27-14, 12:56 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by BrettJacks
If both of those axles are powered, that would make for some badass burnouts.
It is a 6x6, all wheels are powered!

I wonder if 708 lb-ft is enough to spin those 6 huge offroad tires though, it might not
Old 03-27-14, 01:11 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 59 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by BNR34
It is a 6x6, all wheels are powered!

I wonder if 708 lb-ft is enough to spin those 6 huge offroad tires though, it might not
Who says it has to stay at 708 lb ft?
Old 03-27-14, 01:14 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Allen K
Who says the BR-Z won't work?

605.jpg[/IMG]

Again I wasn't opposed

From the Edmunds Long Term Review of the BRZ
Originally Posted by JDR76
Many congratulations to you! As a father of a 2 year old, I can tell you that you have so much joy and excitement ahead of you. Again, congratulations!
Thanks. We are very excited and we have such a tremendous support group around us.

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
CONGRATULATIONS MIKE !!!!!!! So happy for you bother. This is the most rewarding thing you can do in life. It gives life more meaning , purpose, and direction........and great excuse to car shop . lol

When we had our second we ended up changing out both cars. I ditched my GS350 for an LS460 and we ditched the wifes Murano LE for a Sienna Limited. I wish you the best buddy.
Thanks mann, I appreciate it, that means a lot.

Originally Posted by Marklouis
Congrats LEXFATHER!! Great news! Currently have a 22 month old myslef. I have found getting the Munchkin in and out of the LS is much easier than the GS, even thought the GS has ample room, it's the door sloped window frame that's the issue. However since my daughter is big enough to sit foward now, it is much easier to reach her and the contents in the backseat of the GS than it is the LS, so we have to trade one convenience for an inconvenience either way
Mark thas awesome, congrats. Yes, rear seat room and ingress etc is important. Thanks for the post.

Originally Posted by J.P.
When the kid is able to crawl in \ out by themselves small back seat is fine, if you're messing with a removable baby seat etc, funk dat in the brz!

Many will disagree but take a look at the new Escalade with the middle buckets. It allows you to have someone, say your mother inlaw in the third row yet able to pass between the two buckets to check on the kids, give them snacks etc etc
lol...I missed the Escalade premier event here at Lou La Vie and I have a family member that owns a previous model but I told him I didn't want a vehicle that large.

Originally Posted by lamar411
Congratulations on fatherhood!!!
Thanks dude.

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
If I may venture a guess.. Range Rover Sport
It's been checked out, the 7 seat option is $2500, you can get red leather two different ways and a black headliner instead of gray. Rear seat room isn't great and the 3rd row is tiny. But it looks so beautiful inside and out.

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
I am going to far left field and saying Chevy SS

I know I am wrong as there is no badge prestige, but it should be a great fast family hauler for FL
Wow, nice left field choice. I got to drive one recently (not a test drive) through a friend in media and it hauls! A lot of room, big trunk but the interior is lacking, even as they added some escaine pieces inside. Nice car though and a bargain considering its performance compared to others in this price rage.

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Congratulations to both you and your wife with Junior on the way. Cars come and go, even those custom-made for us or the ones we like best, but you will be a father for the rest of your life.
=pg[/img]

BTW.... like the poster just above, at first, I would probably have guessed a Chevy SS (I know how much you liked the very similar Pontiac G8 GT). But you said you wanted a red interior....the SS only comes with black leather.
Thank you Mike.

Originally Posted by SteVTEC
Congrats Mike!

Now's your chance to finally get that M you've always wanted.

M3 sedan, and custom order it exactly to your specifications straight from Germany.

SUV route, everybody has an X5, so I'd recommend a Porsche Cayenne.
I am a big fan of the previous X5 styling, the new one has yet to grow on me. The Cayenne is of course amazing but pricey fast and there is no way I would get the V-6.

Old 03-27-14, 01:14 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 59 Likes on 40 Posts

Might not have the tech you want....but who cares?
Old 03-27-14, 01:17 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

definitely need SUV so it is easy to load stroller... back space for kids isnt a big deal, make sure you buy isofix baby seats tho, it is much easier and better for kids.

so loading and unloading stroller is certainly biggest task your "family" car will have for first few years.
Old 03-27-14, 01:17 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

p.s. Congrats, welcome to the "real" world!
Old 03-27-14, 01:23 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

A big congratulations Mike!!! Can't wait to see the new baby (will it be a boy or a girl?) Now the anticipation of a new vehicle...wha'cha gonna get?
Old 03-27-14, 01:42 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by BrettJacks
Who says it has to stay at 708 lb ft?
Excellent point, the 65's V12 cranked up to 1500 lb-ft should smoke those 6 tires beautifully

Check out this fabulous rear seating arrangement done by Brabus on the 6x6, damn nice!
Attached Thumbnails Becoming a real "LexFather"...Welcome 2014 LS 460 F-sport-amg-g63-slideshow-main11_640x480.jpg  

Last edited by BNR34; 03-27-14 at 02:18 PM.
Old 03-27-14, 01:43 PM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spwolf
definitely need SUV so it is easy to load stroller... back space for kids isnt a big deal, make sure you buy isofix baby seats tho, it is much easier and better for kids.

so loading and unloading stroller is certainly biggest task your "family" car will have for first few years.
With kids you find out no vehicle is big enough, so I error on the larger side.

Its not just getting the stroller in and out, but you have that in the back, plus other stuff needed for the baby then if you want to go shopping your low on space because you have the stroller etc taking up space........

you never have enough space
Old 03-27-14, 02:43 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by J.P.
With kids you find out no vehicle is big enough, so I error on the larger side.

Its not just getting the stroller in and out, but you have that in the back, plus other stuff needed for the baby then if you want to go shopping your low on space because you have the stroller etc taking up space........

you never have enough space
yeah, thats why I said SUV, you get load space up to the roof... but biggest problem is that in sedan, you cant even load stroller properly in every car.

I drove LC200 for a while, and yeah, that was cavernous trunk. I lost kids bike in there once, barely found it!
Old 03-27-14, 03:20 PM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

Congrats Mike.

I think suv is "safer" with kid. Who knows what's going to happen while you're sitting at the red light.
Old 03-27-14, 03:22 PM
larry13
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats Mike best of luck to you and your family
Old 03-27-14, 04:08 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexFather
I am a big fan of the previous X5 styling, the new one has yet to grow on me. The Cayenne is of course amazing but pricey fast and there is no way I would get the V-6.
What is wrong with a V6 Cayenne? Your GS350 got a V6 and you love it so much?
Old 03-27-14, 04:27 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by BNR34
What is wrong with a V6 Cayenne? Your GS350 got a V6 and you love it so much?
Could of had a V8

Quick Reply: Becoming a real "LexFather"...Welcome 2014 LS 460 F-sport