Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Becoming a real "LexFather"...Welcome 2014 LS 460 F-sport

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-14, 10:13 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike, just saw this thread... BIG CONGRATS!!!!!

And LS-F... how can ya go wrong???
Old 04-03-14, 10:16 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Well color me annoyed. You let the cat out of the bag and you still haven't posted more pics? !
Old 04-03-14, 10:31 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFather
Thanks dude. I've always carried stuff in the cars including family/friends baby seats so the marks on the leather are real!
Here you go, Mike. If you have a few extra $$$$$ to spend on a child seat, check this one out. Recaro didn't forget the kiddies. They even do strollers.

Last edited by mmarshall; 04-03-14 at 10:38 AM.
Old 04-03-14, 11:02 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats bud!! Very exciting!
Old 04-03-14, 11:22 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats man
Old 04-03-14, 11:58 AM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

F F F F!

Baby F-Sport Michael
Old 04-03-14, 12:12 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

My wife wants to have a baby...

If I relent, maybe she'll let me get an LS-F?

Hmm...
Old 04-03-14, 01:23 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,842 Likes on 2,330 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall

Here you go, Mike. If you have a few extra $$$$$ to spend on a child seat, check this one out. Recaro didn't forget the kiddies. They even do strollers.

While I really do love the Recaro, I would not recommend this model for an infant. It's a big seat and it is difficult to get an infant in and out compared to a proper infant seat. Yeah, you spend a lot more money, but we got a Cybex Aton 2 and two bases for our little guy because the Cybex will fit any Maxi Cosi stroller and because it is one of the easiest and smallest units for a rear facing car seat. It is also airline qualified (not all are, and if you fly, that's a huge deal) and is probably the simplest to install in a rental car or taxi cab. I can't say enough about how easy the Cybex is to use, and how very safe it is by design. Like the Recaro, it has won many awards for both safety AND design. Well worth every penny!

Old 04-03-14, 02:05 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Congrats Blueprint, I mean Lexfather on such a sweet ride. And to think this whole time it was an April fool's joke and you wanted the RX F-Sport.
Old 04-03-14, 02:20 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
Congrats big guy. Can't want to see it in person!
Thanks mann I appreciate it.

Originally Posted by SW13GS
Congrats buddy! On both the baby and the car!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Allen K
Congrats on the new ride!
Appreciate it

Originally Posted by TripleL
Wow, Fantastic Choice Enjoy it in good health!
We hope to!

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
I'm shocked Lexus hasn't made you a poster child by now. You have/had IS, ES, GS and LS, and I know you have an HS in the family
Hahahah ...lets just say the Lexus meeting in Japan went exceptionally well. I still have yet to detail the trip and hope to soon (yes I'm way late). The HS was traded in for a 2014 RX AWD as the possible vehicle to take to the Caribbean.

Originally Posted by BrettJacks
Congrats on the kid and the car.

Did you trade in the GS450H?
No sir, the car is currently getting a new RS-R coilover suspension made just for the 450h as well as Lexon Exclusive parts. My wife wants it gone though.

Originally Posted by rdgdawg
Mike, just saw this thread... BIG CONGRATS!!!!!

And LS-F... how can ya go wrong???
Thanks...LS F....well the real thing..might just come after all

Originally Posted by TangoRed
Well color me annoyed. You let the cat out of the bag and you still haven't posted more pics? !
There were a couple front end shots posted. Here is a cool pic (poor quality) I took this week inside the same warehouse where the Fast & Furious II was taped, the Iron Man series and a few other movies.....(I have no idea who made the painting but clearly it is huge)

I honestly hate being stock and I have some items from Japan coming for the LS.

Originally Posted by STIG
Congrats bud!! Very exciting!
Thanks Stig!

Originally Posted by Blackraven
Congrats man
Thanks sir!

Originally Posted by whoster
F F F F!

Baby F-Sport Michael
Maybe his middle name

Originally Posted by SW13GS
My wife wants to have a baby...

If I relent, maybe she'll let me get an LS-F?

Hmm...
It worked for me lol

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
While I really do love the Recaro, I would not recommend this model for an infant. It's a big seat and it is difficult to get an infant in and out compared to a proper infant seat. Yeah, you spend a lot more money, but we got a Cybex Aton 2 and two bases for our little guy because the Cybex will fit any Maxi Cosi stroller and because it is one of the easiest and smallest units for a rear facing car seat. It is also airline qualified (not all are, and if you fly, that's a huge deal) and is probably the simplest to install in a rental car or taxi cab. I can't say enough about how easy the Cybex is to use, and how very safe it is by design. Like the Recaro, it has won many awards for both safety AND design. Well worth every penny!

Infant Car Seat CYBEX Aton 2 Video - YouTube
Thanks for taking the time, I value your opinion highly.

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Congrats Blueprint, I mean Lexfather on such a sweet ride. And to think this whole time it was an April fool's joke and you wanted the RX F-Sport.
Thanks mann. No April Fools.

Last edited by LexFather; 04-03-14 at 02:24 PM.

Old 04-03-14, 03:00 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

moderator edit - bnr34, please exit this thread

Last edited by DaveGS4; 04-03-14 at 06:17 PM.
Old 04-03-14, 03:14 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Is this LS F-Sport slated for SEMA duty at all or strictly for transporting precious cargo?
Old 04-03-14, 03:41 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats on the LS Mike.
Old 04-04-14, 10:47 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Is this LS F-Sport slated for SEMA duty at all or strictly for transporting precious cargo?
It has already been requested to be at SEMA but I highly doubt that will happen as it wasn't a goal of mine at all. If there is an opportunity to showcase the car there at minimal expense then it might change..

Besides this year is all about the RC | RC F

Originally Posted by Justin2JZ
Congrats on the LS Mike.
Thanks..

So as an explanation there were quite a few vehicles in the running new and used and I'll name a few of the others and my thoughts

Range Rover Sport
As many of you know I am head over heels with the vehicle, particularly the V-8 S/C which just GOES compared to the V-6. Some call it a nice Explorer now and I could care less, the car is utterly fantastic with amazing materials used inside and out. The negatives were wait, for a build forget about it as people are still literally FIGHTING when they arrive. My dealer said they would take care of me but it still was a long wait. So who knows maybe later on. I just love the car. Oh and honestly its not that roomy, the rear is fine but not like the LS and the optional 7th row is for teddy bears only One other thing I was getting close to 100k with options (eek).

Porsche Panamera
I was looking as used one since the price of the S is in the 50s-70s easily but I do like the face lifted model. Drives great as everyone knows. The rear hatch is extremely appealing. I just don't understand it having 4 seats and not 5 for such a big car. Then the new E hybrid and GTS are 99k and 113k to start respectively....ouch, I'm not ready Of course the V-6 is cheaper but my baby would likely slap the **** out of me.

BMW M5
I don't care what the reviews say about it getting sloppy, it has 550hp, it looks superb and just makes me melt. Lovely interior, good room inside, good size trunk, rare. Red leather option, tons of aftermarket support, did I mention when I look at it I melt. Now that I am typing this maybe I should have signed some paperwork here. Sadly once again kind of scared of reliability in talking to owners and reading forums and the way some of them were handled. I intend to drive my child in my car, not a loaner. Used ones are appealing (I actually prefer the looks to the new face lifted model) oh and a MANUAL can be found and IMO the only way to go here even though the SMG has been hailed to be the better fit....maybe one day....

Tesla Model S
Appeals for its beautiful styling and its amazing 7 seat option. Interior is pretty spacious and clearly high-tech but also low rent in some areas. Once again with some options for the P85 you are over 100k easily. Oh also not sure where I would charge the thing being in a condo. Interesting story but the Tesla is not really replacing cars, its being bought as an addition and I completely understand this now. I just would not feel comfortable having it as an only car (though that would not be the case).

W211Mercedes S63 and V-12
The S63 was a serious contender and the depreciation is unreal, the V-12 even worse it seems. Of course the older you go the cheaper they get (no joke 30k range) but in talking to people that work on them they immediately said avoid the V-12. They all recommended the updated S63 with the bi-turbo V-8 vs the 6.2 V-8 N/A. Prices were super appealing but if you go to early, then you lose LEDs and the facelift which is a PITA to change and add. Tons of room inside and out, fast as most anything on the road but felt slightly "old" especially having experienced the W222. One major play was it would have immediately been wide-bodied which in pics and renderings gave me the chills! Maybe in the future, I really like what Mercedes is doing and in talking to people there I am very impressed.

Mercedes Benz E350 Sport Wagon
The facelift looks great, the interior materials are great, it also has a 7 seat option in the rear. I love wagons for being the anti-SUV in a SUV filled world today, its very appealing in that sense. Loaded up its 65-70k and I would have ANOTHER 3.5 V-6 with around 300hp. The E drives solid. Oh and the wife hates wagons which kind of killed that.

Infiniti Q50 hybrid
The dark horse choice here. I love how the car looks especially modified. 360hp and 30-36MPG is very appealing and being one of the few people modifying hybrids it just is something I have to consider. This is by far the cheapest choice, $450 range with ZERO down, geez. However having put 3,000 miles or so on one its just a hard car to love. They still haven't figured out the electronics, the car has other issues and the trunk is small. Everyone I told about this car either laughed or thought I was high.

Audi A8 and TDI
My co-workers were pushing this with the S63 and LS F-sport more than anything. Leases are pretty decent but you get a 3.0 V-6 S/C which is actually solid in this car but I couldn't get my head to have such a big car with a smaller engine like that. I find the looks quite bland, the front funky and the interior familiar but utterly amazing. What really appealed to my brain was the TDI, we are talking a 800 mile range here! Then you price it out and boom 90-100k for a TDI with a smaller engine but with more torque. Then I thought do I really give a **** about gas mileage? No.

Old 04-04-14, 11:06 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Yes the year of the RC

Those are some great contenders. You'll be happy with the LS though for years to come. So the IS, GS and LS are all white huh? If you ever remove the yellow, get a family portrait of them together

Quick Reply: Becoming a real "LexFather"...Welcome 2014 LS 460 F-sport