Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Becoming a real "LexFather"...Welcome 2014 LS 460 F-sport

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-14, 04:41 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

bump. lexfather?
Old 06-25-14, 07:36 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by NewSpace
LexFather - First, I'm very excited for you. The journey to fatherhood is a fantastic adventure. You will go through a lot, but it's an amazing thing.

Thank you for sharing your insights on the LS too. It's an interesting choice for a growing family. I think you did a great job and it's a real beauty.

I just had my third child two weeks ago, and as a car guy myself, I agonized over the right vehicle for a family of five. In the end we felt that we really had no choice but to get a minivan because all of my children are under four and in car seats. So we bit the bullet and bought a Honda Odyssey Elite (fully loaded, including vacuum cleaner). I must say, I had no idea how much I would love it. Love it. The car is so amazing for families and it's actually not terrible to drive. The kids love it and all the features, particularly the sliding doors improve our quality of life. Wow!

Now, I've convinced my wife it's my turn for an upgrade, but she can't see the logic in getting anything that won't carry the entire family (so RC F has put me in the dog house). I go back and forth but I'm thinking that maximum fun plus utility is the Tesla Model X P85+ (or equivalent). I actually put down a reservation. But I'm open to suggestions for a five person "fun" family car to complement the minvan.

Again congrats to you and let us know when the new baby arrives!
Newspace, my apologies! Congratulation on your newborn. The Odyessy is a great choice. There is a great group "VanKulture" coming of age and they are helping change perceptions on vans. We actually used their founders van in our booth at Wekfest, something quite unusual. There is no denying the cargo space and advantages of a van.

The Tesla Model S was a car in the running for me and the 7 seat option just makes me grin, its awesome. Unfortunately all my significant time in them were in pretty loaded S and P85 models which were over 100k with options which I did not budget for. I don't think I would have liked the lesser models as much. From my talks with Tesla the Model X has 15k pre-orders and the first models will be loaded ones. They are very excited for its arrival next spring.

We have now used the LS for a week and its great with the baby and three or four people in the car. Even though the F-sport isn't an "L" model there is ample room and a big difference compared to our GS. The trunk is vast and swallows up everything we have thrown at it thus far (Luggage, baby seat, groceries, etc). I am truly head over heels with the LS, I didn't expect it to blow me away as it has.

If you missed it, here are other cars I considered with pros/cons.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/8467192-post89.html

I just changed wheels to the new VFS-2s and while harder to clean than the CVT, I am loving the new look.

Lexus posted it again on their Instagram feed as well and expect to see it as part of an upcoming feature

http://instagram.com/p/prKTUVOcj4/?modal=true

Old 06-25-14, 07:39 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFather
I just changed wheels to the new VFS-2s and while harder to clean than the CVT, I am loving the new look.

Lexus posted it again on their Instagram feed as well and expect to see it as part of an upcoming feature

http://instagram.com/p/prKTUVOcj4/?modal=true
Favorite wheels on your car so far! Perfect match!
Old 06-25-14, 07:47 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Favorite wheels on your car so far! Perfect match!
I can't wait to mod a NX You would look good

Old 06-25-14, 07:58 PM
LexFather

In regards to Newspace compliments about fatherhood, so far I agree being one week in. Last Wednesday, my wife and I gave birth to our first child, Michael, and baby and mother are fine. He has already caused quite the stir locally as he was a near 13lbs baby We didn't really understand the significance but everyone at the hospital was super excited. All week we had visitors to see him. Eventually the local news got wind and we were interviewed by CNBC locally and two popular Miami papers/blogs. Another news channel is coming Friday lol! You can read below (I won't share the video but its out there)

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/ripti...n_in_miami.php

http://the305.com/2014/06/25/mike-fo...ever-in-miami/

There is simply no words to describe how I felt seeing our son for the first time. We always talked about meeting him during the pregnancy. All the great advice I was given can't compare, it is just a miracle, God's work and blessing. I find myself just staring at him and holding him and telling him how great he will be. He seems to be a splitting image as well, its like looking at myself in some weird time warp.

Writing now, it is now occurring to me why am I arguing with idiots on here? Life is going way to good. I think I'll stop. Seems my son taught me something already.

We have been showered with tons of support, love and comfort and are eternally grateful and can only hope to replicate things. My father which many on Clublexus know personally is a very good man and an amazing father, still supporting every single Lexus meet to this day in his 60s. I can only hope to match his tenacity in fatherhood.

I've been here since nearly day one and now I'm father. Where does the time go.

Old 06-25-14, 08:14 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Congrats man!!!!

Old 06-25-14, 08:18 PM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats to you and your wife Mike! Such a blessing and may he bring you and your family much joy and happiness.
Old 06-25-14, 08:37 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

go big and go home

congrats to you mike and chrissy!

welcome michael!
Old 06-25-14, 08:49 PM
hube
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats!!!!!
Old 06-26-14, 04:42 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 108 Likes on 79 Posts

Congrats Mike, too bad we cant LIKE the posts :-)
Old 06-26-14, 05:00 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Congrats!!! He's definitely a big 'un!
Old 06-26-14, 06:51 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

A huge congratulations to you and your wife! There is nothing like becoming a father for the first time. You will love it! The challenges are tough, but the rewards are so much greater. Enjoy this time in your life!
Old 06-26-14, 07:14 AM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Dude! MAZEL TOV to you and your beautiful family. He's a handsome baby. Now go get some rest!
Old 06-26-14, 07:50 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BIG congrats!!!!!
Old 06-26-14, 08:49 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

humm let's see....argue with internet nobodies or play/care for a bouncing new baby boy??

no brainer!

I guess your daily post count will drop off dramatically!

Quick Reply: Becoming a real "LexFather"...Welcome 2014 LS 460 F-sport