Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Keyless remote programming

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-06, 01:35 PM
dracop
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, THANK YOU bibbens , you just saved me $250. My remote died and when I replaced the battery, it did not want to pickup my car. Dealer wanted $250 for a new one plus programming fees... These instructions worked perfectly the second time; on my 97 ES300, the second set of lock/unlocks has to be done with the power lock. Now my remote is working like a remote with a new battery (good distance on it!) Aside from that, it worked like a charm; my hat is off to you my good sir!
Old 12-16-06, 12:58 PM
smitty21
Driver School Candidate

[QUOTE=Nixsun79;504225]You can program it yourself. Here are the instructions:

1. Driver's door open and unlocked, all other doors closed and locked.
2. Insert YOUR key in ignition, DO NOT TURN, remove key.
3. Using the lock/unlock button ON THE DRIVERS DOOR, slowly press lock and unlock 5 times (count the lock 5 times and unlock 5 times).
4. Shut door.
5. Open door.
6. Using the lock/unlock button ON THE DRIVERS DOOR, slowly press lock and unlock 5 times (count the lock 5 times and unlock 5 times).
7. With the door open insert your key into the ignition, turn to on position (DON'T START), wait 5 seconds. Turn off and remove key.
8. Locks should cycle once (Car will lock and then unlock once). If they don't cycle or they cycle more than once, do steps 1-7 over.
9. Now using the remote, push lock button, hold for one second, release. The locks should cycle once. If not, start over and go slower.
10. Close the door. Open the door. Press the lock button on the remote. The locks should cycle. Close the door. Press the lock button on the remote, the doors should lock. Press again and the doors should unlock.

Congratulations - You are done![/QUOTE

I have tried several different version of instuctions for my rx300 and these are the only ones that actually worked
Old 03-26-07, 09:06 AM
MarcK
Driver School Candidate

Default 1996 Es300

I purchased a new remote but it would not work. I believe it was for the mid-97 and later cars. I had to get a new master key from the dealer. Does anyone know if the electronics in the masterkey can be repaired or replaced?
I have not had any luck so far trying to track this down.
Old 05-13-07, 01:26 PM
sirshawn
Driver School Candidate

Smile These instructions really works!!!

I am very happy to say that these instructions worked on my 97 ES300....
Mann, I'm glad someone has the answer to all my problems. Now on to something more relaxing !!!

anyone!!!

Originally Posted by bibbens
Paries, try this slightly different programming method. The one described earlier in this thread didn't work for me either a few months ago, but this one did:

Sit in the driver's seat and lock all the doors.

Unlock and open the driver's door.

Insert the key into the ignition and remove it (don't turn it...just remove it).

Using the MANUAL lock switch on the driver's door, lock and unlock the door 5 times.

Close the door.

Open the door.

Lock and unlock the driver's door 5 times (I'm almost certain you use the MANUAL lock switch again, but if this sequence fails to work, try again with the power switch).

Insert the key into the ignition and turn it to the "ON" position.

Remove the key.

The driver's door will now lock and unlock itself one time.

Press and hold the "LOCK" button on the key fob for at least 1 second.

Close the driver's door.

Open the driver's door.

Press and hold the "LOCK" button on the key fob for at least one second.

Close the driver's door.

Press and hold the "LOCK" button on the key fob. The door will lock.

Press and hold the "LOCK" button on the key fob again. The door will unlock.

You should be all set.

Subtle differences, but I remember having trouble initially programming a remote as well ('98). And I sympathize with the feeling like an idiot thing. My wife thought I was a loon. But this sequence worked. Honest. Good luck.
Old 08-24-07, 12:34 PM
Nobar King
Driver School Candidate

Hi this is my first post! I came here to find out how to turn on my key lock chirp. Is there a way to make the horn honk, too? The reason for doing this is that my neighbor across the street has one of these, too, and I want to be able to match him beep for beep. Last week we had a chat about our 'quiet and peaceful' neighborhood, and what could he do to stop his dog from barking at 630 when he leaves for work. Now he's started locking and unlocking his car all day long between trips to the car/house. I have never even locked my car here, but I think it's time to start. Thanks for the walkthru. I assume that repeating these steps turns off the chirp?
---
edit--
worked great!
Old 08-25-07, 06:57 AM
rachel
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Nixsun79
Dude, those are the same directions that I left up above... what is different?
looks like all doors locked on his & all but drivers on yours is the only difference. Now when doing the lock unlock 5 times is it lock lock lock lock lock, then unlock " " " " , or lock unlock lock ulock "" "" "" ? I have the remote that is on the key head.
Old 08-31-07, 10:15 AM
bz93es
Driver School Candidate

Dear All,

How does this apply to my 93 Es with an aftermarket alarm? (I think the previous owner or maybe the owner before put in an aftermarket alarm.) the remote I have been using is two buttons (one round, and one smaller like a grain shaped) to un/lock and arm/disarm the alarm. I think it is an Megatronix Mega MT-52.
Now, i'm not sure which alarm that this is working with.
But recently, dont know how it happened... i lost the chirp when using the remote un/lock doors. This happened after I was trying to fix my burnt needles when I disconnected my negative car battery terminal. But the whole system still works. ie. door lock and unlock without the chirp. lights would flash.
Then on monday (Aug.27) My remote died. Dont know what the heck happen.
I used the remote to unlock my car. (It responded with two flashes of the lights.) I also used the key to turn the driver's door lock once. (dont ask me why i did that). next thing I know is that the engine cutoff was activated. I can't start my car. I hear the usualy chim and then try to start, everything went dead.
This is getting to long of a story. Any one know what can I do to get it back??
So, I will try to use the instructions here to see if I can get my remote or at least the key fob to remotely lock/unlock doors.
Old 09-04-07, 08:39 AM
bz93es
Driver School Candidate

great instruction. I did it. the instruction worked for my 93 ES. Now I can use the key fob to un/lock my doors. (of course, i put in a fresh battery)

Could I somehow tripped the alarm and caused my stereo/ac unit not to function? It is completely out. can't turn on. only the clock works. nothing else works, LCD is off. buttons are out.
Any idea?
Old 04-30-08, 06:29 PM
BDSL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Thanks

Thanks! It works!
Old 06-15-09, 10:41 AM
IOWNALEXUS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bibbens
Paries, try this slightly different programming method. The one described earlier in this thread didn't work for me either a few months ago, but this one did:

Sit in the driver's seat and lock all the doors.

Unlock and open the driver's door.

Insert the key into the ignition and remove it (don't turn it...just remove it).

Using the MANUAL lock switch on the driver's door, lock and unlock the door 5 times.

Close the door.

Open the door.

Lock and unlock the driver's door 5 times ( use the MANUAL lock switch again,).

Insert the key into the ignition and turn it to the "ON" position.

Remove the key.

The driver's door will now lock and unlock itself one time.

Press and hold the "LOCK" button on the key fob for at least 1 second.

Close the driver's door.

Open the driver's door.

Press and hold the "LOCK" button on the key fob for at least one second.

Close the driver's door.

Press and hold the "LOCK" button on the key fob. The door will lock.

Press and hold the "LOCK" button on the key fob again. The door will unlock.

You should be all set.
I know this is an old thread but just for info. sake i wanted to say that this method worked GREAT on my 97 SC300!!

Last edited by IOWNALEXUS; 06-15-09 at 06:50 PM.
Old 09-12-09, 03:54 AM
b_2
Driver School Candidate

Default 2007 gs350

This is my first post at the Lexus Forum, welcome.
Any ideas how to revive the spare remote key I have to my GS350?

The key is dead, the replacement of the battery did not help. It is not a blank key from ebay or something, it was delivered with the car.

It is not that comfortable when I can only use one key to get to my car...

Thank you.

Last edited by b_2; 09-12-09 at 04:08 AM.
Old 11-21-09, 12:16 PM
ndbethy
Driver School Candidate

Default 02 es300 remote program

I just bought the 02 es300 which only has 1 valet key (gray one) and 1 uncut key with working remote (3 buttons). I'm looking for to buy another uncut one and would like someone would help me how to program it.

Thanks a lot in advance
Old 12-15-09, 07:46 AM
baj39
Driver School Candidate

Default remote program instructions for 2001 ES300

tried these instructions on a remote (ID:HYQ1512V) to a 2001 ES300 with no success. Reached the point where driver door lock cycle once. Nothing beyond. Is there a different set of instructions for the 2001 vehicles? Any guidance or tips will be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-02-10, 10:47 AM
baj39
Driver School Candidate

Default Remote programming

For those who try to program a remote for ES300 2000 & 2001 and get stuck after cycling the locks as per the instructions above and always seem to get 2 cycles instead of one, my experience may be of help.
When the driver's door lock cycle once, you press lock (panic button on your remote) and unlock simaltaneoulsy for one second, release and press lock, you may (as in my case) get the door lock to cycle twice. You begin to question the procedure or what you have done wrong since the instructions say you should get one cycle only if the remote is accepted. It turns out that getting 2 cycles is a reluctance on the part of the car's ECU. All you have to do is keep trying from that point on, that is, when you press lock and unlock together (not from the first step of the procedure), and then press lock again within 3 seconds, you may get the double cycle again and so on till finally (it took me 5 or 6 attempts) you get the single door lock cycle at which point you hear a beep meaning the remote is now programmed. It seems some cars' ECU is simply stubborn and may require some prodding.
Since the instructions do not delve so far I thought this may offer some help or relieve some frustration.
Old 01-16-10, 10:58 PM
guestuser
Driver School Candidate

Default 1994 ES300 Programming

Hi John,

I am also sailing in the same boat.. I bought a used ES300 (1994) and I need to program my key (FCC: HYQWDT-B). Could you please send me the PDF document with programming instructions..

Thanks
Hari

Originally Posted by johhnyb
I have searched ALL the FORUMS and the Programming Mystery is still unsolved for the 92-94 Lexus ES300.

I purchased my 1994 Lexus with 1 Key (NOT a remote key). I was told by my local Lexus dealer that they could order a Key and program it. The parts guy said if I would like 2 Remote Keys I would need to order them at the same time or else they won’t work… He gave me the Part # (8970550946R-K) to match my VIN# (JT8GK13T9R0027***) which I confirmed.

The parts guy told me it was complicated to program these and that I would have to schedule an appointment to have the dealer do it…. I didn’t tell him that I work for Honda (we program keys for free)… but the Red Flags went up! ... $$$$$$ ! But he maybe right!

The dealer quoted my $320 for 1 Remote key; cut and programmed… w/ an optional 2nd Remote Key for $125 additional and a 3rd for another $65…. What a racket!

I have a PDF of the actual Lexus Dealer Remote Key Program/Troubleshooting instructions for the 92-96 ES 300 Remote Keys and will gladly send them if it would help to figure this out. I have yet to find anyone who can give me a straight answer.

Here's where I need help!>>>>>>>> and the disconnect, misinformation, lack of information or lack of understanding occurs.

From what I understand and have found in ALL the Forums about Remotes Keys and at www.thepartsyouneed.com.... the 92-96 ES use the same 1 button Remote Key w/ 2 possible FCC ID’s (FCC: HYQWDT-B or HYQ1512A)..... But the actual LEXUS Program/Trouble Shooting instructions mention “NON-PROGRAMMABLE" (Pre-1995) Remote Keys????? and the use of a "ROM Chip" that's on the ECU (mounted in trunk on the driver-side)

This is where I get lost...

First, If I can't program the Remotes... Do they Flash/Reprogram or Replace the ROM Chip on the ECU ?... Second, when the Flash/Reprogram or Replace the ROM Chip; are they matching it to 1 of the 2 alleged FCC ID's? If not, there must be more than 2 FCC ID's.... or else you could open any 92-94 ES with 1of 2 of the Remote Key FCC ID's...

Possible ways to confirm....

1) Information from someone with a 92-94 who has ordered Remote Keys and Programmed them.... SUCCESSFULLY!

2)Maybe someone with a 95-96 ES and someone w/ 92-94 ES could contact their Local Lexus Dealer with their VIN# to let us know if their Replacement Remote Part # matches the one they provided for my VIN# (first paragraph) and provide the FCC ID's on there Remote Keys... to see if they match the Alleged 1 of 2 Remote Key FCC ID's.

3) ????

Has anyone successfully accompished purchasing and Programming "Remote Keys" for a 92-94 ES300 without going to the dealer?

Thanks in advance for any help....

Quick Reply: Keyless remote programming