First Drive: 2015 Subaru WRX STI - Page 5 - Club Lexus Forums

Log In 

First Drive: 2015 Subaru WRX STI

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-18-14, 01:36 PM   #61
bitkahuna
resisting entropy
iTrader: (18)
 
bitkahuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Present
Posts: 49,328
Default

wow, looks like wrx delivers the torque so much more quickly, but sti delivers more when 'screaming'
bitkahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-14, 11:06 AM   #62
Motor
Lexus Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CA™
Posts: 3,018
Default

Quote:
We take you on a rally-cross road romp in the all-new Subaru WRX STI.
Motor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-14, 10:05 AM   #63
Motor
Lexus Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CA™
Posts: 3,018
Default

Quote:
Cars.com reviewer Kelsey Mays says the 2015 Subaru WRX STI -- the even-more performance-focused sibling of the WRX and Impreza -- is plenty quick and built for spirited driving. But does this "mean little sedan" justify its $35,000 starting price?
Motor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-14, 11:23 AM   #64
fastdak25
Pole Position
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: MD
Posts: 231
Default

So to anyone with the new WRX or STi, is it normal for as much brake dust to be littering my wheels as much as is being done? Doesn't even take a week and the front wheels no longer have that nice gold shine (driving launch edition), they are almost black. Even the rear wheels are getting covered in more than ever remember seeing on rear wheels. Is this normal for new cars? Will the amount of brake dust lower over time (got about 750 miles on so far). I have to literally scrub my wheels every 4-5 days to keep them looking nice.
fastdak25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-14, 05:48 PM   #65
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdak25 View Post
So to anyone with the new WRX or STi, is it normal for as much brake dust to be littering my wheels as much as is being done? Doesn't even take a week and the front wheels no longer have that nice gold shine (driving launch edition), they are almost black. Even the rear wheels are getting covered in more than ever remember seeing on rear wheels. Is this normal for new cars? Will the amount of brake dust lower over time (got about 750 miles on so far). I have to literally scrub my wheels every 4-5 days to keep them looking nice.
Yes, it is normal. Harder brakes will shred more dust. The STI brakes are very catching, front and rear alike. Try the hand brake and see. I am disappointed just like you, but well.....at least the gold wheels won't be damaged by the brake dust alone
Whitigir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-14, 07:12 PM   #66
bagwell
Lexus Fanatic
 
bagwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: back in Denver
Posts: 8,891
Default

there are brake pads available that don't put out as much dust....but probably won't stop as well.

I use this stuff on the A5....cuts it down (repels) probably 50%.....reviews are also on youtube.

bagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-14, 06:20 AM   #67
fastdak25
Pole Position
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: MD
Posts: 231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagwell View Post
there are brake pads available that don't put out as much dust....but probably won't stop as well.

I use this stuff on the A5....cuts it down (repels) probably 50%.....reviews are also on youtube.

Thanks, i'll give this stuff a try. Looks like a good solution.
fastdak25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-14, 06:36 AM   #68
DrDrilZ
Lead Lap
 
DrDrilZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Georgia
Posts: 647
Default

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/20...-2013-concept/

subaru already planning on changes after just one year? hope its true
DrDrilZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-14, 06:49 AM   #69
fastdak25
Pole Position
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: MD
Posts: 231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDrilZ View Post
http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/20...-2013-concept/

subaru already planning on changes after just one year? hope its true
interesting, though me personally I don't think I like the overall look of the concept better than the roll out model.
fastdak25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-14, 08:46 AM   #70
bagwell
Lexus Fanatic
 
bagwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: back in Denver
Posts: 8,891
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDrilZ View Post
http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/20...-2013-concept/

subaru already planning on changes after just one year? hope its true
seriously doubt this article...but it does say LATE 2016...so maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdak25 View Post
interesting, though me personally I don't think I like the overall look of the concept better than the roll out model.
really? danm, I loved the concept....!

Last edited by bagwell; 06-12-14 at 08:53 AM.
bagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-14, 09:15 AM   #71
bitkahuna
resisting entropy
iTrader: (18)
 
bitkahuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Present
Posts: 49,328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdak25 View Post
So to anyone with the new WRX or STi, is it normal for as much brake dust to be littering my wheels as much as is being done? Doesn't even take a week and the front wheels no longer have that nice gold shine (driving launch edition), they are almost black. Even the rear wheels are getting covered in more than ever remember seeing on rear wheels. Is this normal for new cars? Will the amount of brake dust lower over time (got about 750 miles on so far). I have to literally scrub my wheels every 4-5 days to keep them looking nice.
you may want to consider different brake pads. performance pads are typically dust monsters - same is true on lots of high end performance cars.
bitkahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-14, 09:17 AM   #72
fastdak25
Pole Position
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: MD
Posts: 231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagwell View Post
really? danm, I loved the concept....!
I mean i didn't dislike it. I do like the front end and head/fog lamps better on the prototype, but just over all (particularly the rear). Just my opinion.
fastdak25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-14, 11:48 AM   #73
DrDrilZ
Lead Lap
 
DrDrilZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Georgia
Posts: 647
Default

been thinking about the 2015 Sti as a fun extra car. the looks have definitely grown on me. but if there is a possible makeover in a year, i'd hate to buy one now.
the other issue is....am i too old for a car like this? can i buy the WR blue color with the big *** wing and drive it to work and still look professional? thats my main dilemma.
DrDrilZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-14, 12:11 PM   #74
bagwell
Lexus Fanatic
 
bagwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: back in Denver
Posts: 8,891
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDrilZ View Post
been thinking about the 2015 Sti as a fun extra car. the looks have definitely grown on me. but if there is a possible makeover in a year, i'd hate to buy one now.
the other issue is....am i too old for a car like this? can i buy the WR blue color with the big *** wing and drive it to work and still look professional? thats my main dilemma.
note the makeover is for LATE 2016

...and I'm in the same boat...you could always swap the trunk with someone with a WRX trunk...or easier still would be bumperplugs.com (with some silicone)




Last edited by bagwell; 06-12-14 at 12:30 PM.
bagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-14, 07:20 PM   #75
fastdak25
Pole Position
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: MD
Posts: 231
Default

Spent an hour hand washing the wheels then applied the protectant. Sadly a very light 2 minute rain sprinkle came down soon as I was done. Hope it didn't hurt the job. Also had the SPT exhaust installed today and wow does the car sound amazing. Dropping it off tomorrow for an over night 2k stereo job (including sound proofing on all 4 doors). Will follow up later.
fastdak25 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Subaru Forester STI Hoovey2411 Car Chat 16 02-26-15 04:18 PM
Subaru Launches New WRX S4 And WRX STI Type S In Japan bagwell Car Chat 3 08-25-14 04:18 PM
Subaru separates Impreza from WRX & STI Motor Car Chat 6 04-27-11 06:17 PM
Subaru WRX STI Carbon doesn't make sense LexFather Car Chat 8 09-30-09 09:47 PM
2006 Mitsubishi Evolution IX vs. 2006 Subaru WRX STi GFerg Car Chat 3 02-07-06 03:54 AM


Tags
06, 2015, black, boxer, edition, engine, jet, launch, lexus, number, plate, reliability, seats, sti, wrx

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:02 PM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved