Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Ferrari California T

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-14, 11:29 AM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Over 800 select Prancing Horse clients have been given the unique privilege of attending the world preview of Maranello's latest-born model, the California T. The unveiling ceremony took place over two emotion-charged evenings at the Casa Natale Enzo Ferrari Museum.
Old 02-13-14, 11:42 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
of course not. But I had the opportunity to drive in and play with one so I took advantage of all aspects.
The customer don't care and Ferrari don't care, I don't even know why Ferrari put one in, just to go with the flow I guess.

The Sat/Nav unit in the FF is directly from a Dodge Caravan, it looks identical. That tells you how much Ferrari care......haha.
Old 02-13-14, 12:43 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by BNR34
The customer don't care and Ferrari don't care, I don't even know why Ferrari put one in, just to go with the flow I guess.

The Sat/Nav unit in the FF is directly from a Dodge Caravan, it looks identical. That tells you how much Ferrari care......haha.
Funny we're talking about Sat Navi. A Top Gear episode (world best driving road iirc) with a DB9 Volante, California and Gallardo Spyder, it was the California that took forever for Hamster to plug in an address. Jezza and Captain Slow got theirs relatively quickly, though Captain Slow ended up being the last to the destination lol!

Does it really. To be honest, Chrysler's new UConnect works well and is intuitive to use. Fiat would be smart to use that system in their brands.
Old 02-17-14, 09:36 AM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Ferrari.com has chosen a unique point of view for its fans to discover the Ferrari California T from close up: a video completely created with Google Glass. Take a seat in the front row amongst the guests invited to its World Première, get on board of the new 8-cylinder from Maranello and discover it as never before.
Old 02-18-14, 10:07 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Funny we're talking about Sat Navi. A Top Gear episode (world best driving road iirc) with a DB9 Volante, California and Gallardo Spyder, it was the California that took forever for Hamster to plug in an address. Jezza and Captain Slow got theirs relatively quickly, though Captain Slow ended up being the last to the destination lol!

Does it really. To be honest, Chrysler's new UConnect works well and is intuitive to use. Fiat would be smart to use that system in their brands.
I just checked, the one in the Caravan have rearranged buttons, but the Chrysler Town Country and many Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep vehicles uses the same NAV unit.

Ferrari FF, Dodge Challenger, Jeep Wrangler, Chrysler Town Country:
Attached Thumbnails Ferrari California T-59470810.jpg   Ferrari California T-ag_09challengerrt_nav.jpg   Ferrari California T-129_0812_02_z-2007_jeep_wrangler_rubicon-onboard_navigation_system.jpg   Ferrari California T-dodge.jpg  

Last edited by BNR34; 02-18-14 at 10:13 AM.
Old 02-18-14, 05:54 PM
Nospinzone

Received 407 Likes on 315 Posts

Yeah.. now let's really move those seats back, who are we trying to fool..

Hope it has an updated Navi.
I thought the same thing when I first saw that pic. Both the driver's and passenger's seats are pulled too far forward, at least certainly for the driver. Maybe two little kids can sit back there.

As for the nav system, not only do I never use mine, I never use the Bose audio system. The engine and exhaust sounds are the only music I want to hear. (My wife sometimes complains so occasionally I let her connect her iPod.)
Old 02-28-14, 01:49 AM
Motor
Lexus Champion

The new Ferrari California T convertible marks the return of the Italian supercar manufacturer using turbocharged powertrains in its mainstream models. See it in our picture special.

The replacement for the current Ferrari California, the new California T is powered by a low-mounted direct-injection 3.8-litre twin-turbocharged V8 engine producing 552bhp at 7500rpm and 557lb ft of torque. The new car will make its world debut at the Geneva motor show next month.
Old 03-04-14, 02:17 AM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Sporty, elegant, versatile: that's the Ferrari California T. Since the 1950s, in fact, this particular model has been the Prancing Horse's finest embodiment of all three characteristics. Now, however, the new California T adds a radical innovation to that honourable tradition whilst still retaining the model's highly renowned versatility.
From sporty coupé to sleek spider in just 14 seconds flat. All thanks to a signature retractable hard top that encloses the new Ferrari California T's sumptuous cabin trimmed in semi-aniline leather to reflect Maranello's tradition of sublime elegance. Discover more now.
Despite retaining the dimensions of the previous model, the new Ferrari California T has an entirely new personality. Now sleeker and even more captivating, it is the product of intensive aerodynamic research. Discover all the details now.
The T in name of Maranello's latest car hails the arrival of a new V8 turbo engine that skilfully marries lower emissions and fuel consumption with superb performance. Discover all the details of its development: a marriage of innovation, technology and Italian excellence.
Old 03-04-14, 10:22 AM
Motor
Lexus Champion

The Ferrari California T's 560 hp V8 turbo is completely new and delivers blistering performance (0 to 100 km/h in 3.6 seconds), spectacular pick-up and an exhilarating soundtrack. Discover how Ferrari achieved these exceptional results.
The Ferrari California T - the new V8 from the Prancing Horse, the perfect synthesis of innovation and technology - has been officially presented at the Geneva International Motor Show.
Old 03-04-14, 11:51 AM
Hoovey689

Not my favorite Prancing Horse, but still a winner in my eyes
Old 03-04-14, 12:56 PM
elusive
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doesn't look that exciting but hey, it's a turbo Ferrari.
Old 03-04-14, 04:04 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Not my favorite Prancing Horse, but still a winner in my eyes
This thing is WAYYY better looking now..............yes it is still a sucky Ferrari. But it is still a Ferrari that beats the hell out of everything else below it.
Old 03-04-14, 11:35 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by BNR34
This thing is WAYYY better looking now..............yes it is still a sucky Ferrari. But it is still a Ferrari that beats the hell out of everything else below it.
I still recall the 2010 my dad and I test drove on a local Ferrari invitation. Truly outstanding performance for a grand touring vehicle
Old 03-05-14, 06:14 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Retractable Hard Top = WIN (compared to soft-top convertibles or those with detachable roofs)

Question though:
I just read that even if it has lower horsepower, the point of concern is that this California T has MORE TORQUE than the Ferrari FF.

In a race or head-to-head battle, will a Ferrari FF be disadvantaged versus the California T?

Pros and cons? V8 Turbo vs NA V12? Strengths and weaknesses? Which car still has the upper hand?
Old 03-05-14, 09:41 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

I still recall the 2010 my dad and I test drove on a local Ferrari invitation. Truly outstanding performance for a grand touring vehicle
All modern Ferrari have truly outstanding performance

Quick Reply: Ferrari California T