Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2014.5 Toyota Camry Hybrid SE

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-14, 11:38 AM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014.5 Toyota Camry Hybrid SE

Spoiler Alert! Toyota Camry Hybrid Line-up Adds SE Limited Edition for 2014.5 Model Year
http://toyotanews.pressroom.toyota.c...rid+se+ltd.htm
-New Limited Edition model combines sporty SE styling cues with renowned Toyota Hybrid efficiency
-Only 5000 units to be produced

With a 40 mpg EPA city rating and expressive sport styling, the new Camry Hybrid SE Limited Edition offers fans of America’s best-selling car an exciting new variant for the 2014.5 model year. This limited edition model combines many of the popular Camry SE grade’s desirable appearance features with the renowned efficiency of Toyota Hybrid Synergy drive. The new Camry Hybrid SE Limited Edition is powered by a 2.5-liter, four-cylinder engine and hybrid system with nickel metal hydride battery that yields a total system output of 200hp.

Building on the Camry XLE Hybrid’s equipment level, the new Camry Hybrid SE Limited Edition adds:

-Camry SE front fascia, headlights, side rockers, rear valance, rear bumper, rear spoiler, and 17-inch wheels with low profile tires to embolden this sedan’s exterior.
- The Camry Hybrid SE’s interior is also equipped with the four-spoke, leather-trimmed, steering wheel, silver interior trim, instrument panel, center stack trim, and front and rear seats from the Camry SE grade.

The Hybrid SE will be available in the full palette of Camry SE exterior and interior hues while unique badging will identify these special vehicles.

The 2014.5 Camry Hybrid SE Limited Edition arrives in showrooms later this month with an MSRP of $27,845. An available upgrade package ($2215) includes a moonroof and Display Audio with Navigation and Entune Apps Suite. Production of the Camry Hybrid SE Limited Edition will run from February to June of 2014 and will be limited to 5000 units.

About time.
Old 02-05-14, 11:49 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Now if only we could get a IS300h in normal and F-Sport..
Old 02-05-14, 12:17 PM
LexFather

Brillant move…… one thing that impressed me with the Q50 is the hybrid also can get the sport package...

Old 02-05-14, 12:48 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nice. I actually like the Camry as one of my favorite hybrid cars. Perfect for everyday people. Why make only 5000 of them though? Just make as many as people buy. It's not like it will be a collectors car one day or something.
Old 02-05-14, 01:33 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Ok US GS450h, time for you to get an F-Sport model...
Old 02-05-14, 03:04 PM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Nice. I actually like the Camry as one of my favorite hybrid cars. Perfect for everyday people. Why make only 5000 of them though? Just make as many as people buy. It's not like it will be a collectors car one day or something.
Yes! I agree.

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Now if only we could get a IS300h in normal and F-Sport..
Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Ok US GS450h, time for you to get an F-Sport model...
Preach, brotha! Preach!
Old 02-05-14, 03:07 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
seems like a reasonable amount of units for sale until 2015 Camry comes in...
Old 02-06-14, 10:13 AM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

If I was buying a car this year, this would be it!

Finally, Toyota brings along exactly what I was looking for. Love the Camry SE but need the hybrid FE.
Old 02-06-14, 10:14 AM
Sulu
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
seems like a reasonable amount of units for sale until 2015 Camry comes in...

My thoughts exactly. Toyota probably did this in order to maintain interest and maintain showroom traffic before the rumoured big face-lift comes for 2015.

This is what Toyota Canada did on final year models prior to a full model change some years ago. They offered a "Plus" trim level (DX-Plus, LE-Plus) with a few extra goodies. It was only offered for the last year of a model, prior to the full model change. I never got one but I have no doubt they pulled in, or at least kept up, the showroom traffic.

And are the 5000 units ONLY for the USA? What about those of us Camry Hybrid hopefuls in Canada? I guess we are out of luck.

Last edited by Sulu; 02-06-14 at 10:20 AM.
Old 02-06-14, 07:04 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by -J-P-L-
If I was buying a car this year, this would be it!

Finally, Toyota brings along exactly what I was looking for. Love the Camry SE but need the hybrid FE.
It's an attractive buy for Toyota fans and a sensible option. I'm glad to see Toyota understanding hybrids and sport do not have to be mutually exclusive.

Some of us have been explaining that for years!

Old 02-07-14, 01:22 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

I know Hoovey does not like appearance-only packages, but Germans have done this well for really a long time... very small amount of people actually want "sporty" (harsh) ride but most of them want their car to look like it is Sporty :-)
Old 02-07-14, 03:21 AM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Details make the car IMO. The Camry is one good example of this philosophy. The "SE" treatment on the Camry turns most of the chrome trim body color, gets you 5 spoke 17"(4 cylinder) or 18"(v6 models) wheel options that look damn nice, and the interior gets a two tone black/grey treatment with a lot of satin nickel trim. Seats are very supportive, with thick side bolsters, black faux leather bolsters/grey alacantra inserts on the middle.

Camry XLE interior, kind of blah with the light leather, light carpets, fake wood, yet very modern in dash nav screen.

Camry SE interior, way more modern, except the car we bought has black floor mats, much easier to keep clean.

Old 02-07-14, 10:29 AM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by spwolf
I know Hoovey does not like appearance-only packages, but Germans have done this well for really a long time... very small amount of people actually want "sporty" (harsh) ride but most of them want their car to look like it is Sporty :-)
I'm all for appearance only packages. I think most models should offer a sport appearance package. That's usually all I'm looking for. I don't want a sports car, but I want the sporty appearance the way Toyota does their "S" models. That said, the SE does go beyond just appearance. The suspension is stiffer, seats have more side bolstering, ect. Still, Toyota isn't trying to fool anyone into thinking it's a BMW competitor. It's not supposed to be.

If Toyota never built a Yaris S model, I would've went elsewhere. Since they did, I bought one. They are night and day in appearance (base vs S).