Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2015 Subaru legacy (What Happened?!)

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-14, 06:44 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by yowps3
The interior of the '04 was premium.

The current one is CHEAP quality.

Also Subaru no longer uses their signature frameless windows!

From this

To this ugly bloated fish
Could not agree more as with cmk1
Old 02-06-14, 09:51 AM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A video fusing 25 years of the Legacy with the release of the new Legacy. The 1st generation Legacy passes the "Baton" to the 2nd generation, then on to the 3rd, finally all the way through to the 6th all-new Legacy. A brilliantly composed clip touching on both the history of the Legacy as well as the continual improvements being made as the flagship model of the Subaru brand.
A smooth, laid-back video outlining the majestic, inspiring exterior design, distinct wheel arches, interior accessories and infotainment that the new Legacy brings to the stage.
Its design has the force to generate a new stream inducing a sense of exaltation of you, the people and the city. Its performance induces you to go further with the assuring function confidently ensures the safety and security. The new sedan, LEGACY will be blended within the people, the city.
A new imaging technique called "3-screen Projection Installation" has been used. This video outlines three white screens installed around a LEGACY sitting on a central stage, with a projector used to display video on the screens.
A brief look into the world of Subaru design during development of the all-new Legacy, where functionality meets performance and quality.
It's more than a sedan. It's a Subaru. Watch how much farther trust can take you with the all-new 2015 Legacy. This in-depth video shows you how this exceptionally well-built and reliable sedan earns an impressive 36 highway MPG with its retuned, smart Lineartronic® Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) and standard Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive. Plus, you'll have comfort and peace of mind with its now roomier and upgraded cabin, and our driver-assist system, Subaru EyeSight®, watching the road ahead and ready to react to help you avoid trouble. To learn more about the all-new Legacy,
Introducing the all-new 2015 Subaru Legacy. More than a sedan. It's a Subaru.

Last edited by Motor; 02-06-14 at 10:25 AM. Reason: +1
Old 02-06-14, 10:22 AM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

Nice looking, but certainly not much more exciting than the current bland version. 37 MPG is impressive for an AWD midsize with a large 4 cylinder. Sounds like the 6MT might be a goner, but it seems unlikely because I do see a fair amount of them at the dealer when I visit. No turbo option is also a disappointment. Maybe a Legacy GT will return now that they have the CVT variant of the WRX.

I'm biased, but I like mine the best.

Old 02-06-14, 11:31 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts
Default 2014 Chicago Auto Show

Gallery:
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2015-...photo-2192004/
Old 02-06-14, 12:49 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411

There's just something econobox about it. These pics make me feel it fits more among the compact class (Corolla, Civic, Elantra, Sentra) than the midsize class.
Old 02-06-14, 01:07 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 107 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by speedflex
There's just something econobox about it. These pics make me feel it fits more among the compact class (Corolla, Civic, Elantra, Sentra) than the midsize class.
kind of looks like larger corolla in some pics yeah...
Old 02-06-14, 03:41 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by speedflex
I get that vibe as well. Nothing really "upscale" about it (which I thought they were going for). Size wise maybe it's the picture but it looks like a straddler between compact and midsize class

Originally Posted by spwolf
kind of looks like larger corolla in some pics yeah...
I see a similar beltline, roof and pillar yea. But then what car doesn't look like another car these days
Old 02-06-14, 04:35 PM
pman6
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

tell me why they couldn't build something almost like the concept?
The concept exterior looked production ready with a few tweaks to the headlights.
Old 02-06-14, 04:59 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
I get that vibe as well. Nothing really "upscale" about it (which I thought they were going for). Size wise maybe it's the picture but it looks like a straddler between compact and midsize class

I see a similar beltline, roof and pillar yea. But then what car doesn't look like another car these days
What sets it off as econo and downmarket is the silly wing window above the sideview mirrors. These unecessary windows are found on cheap, 1980's econo cars and trucks of Europe, who's body structures could not be designed to accomodate the entire front window fitting inside the door when retracted. There's no class with such a design feature, other than bringing down the side profile and making it look nerdy and cheap.
Old 02-06-14, 05:02 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Where are the hood scoop and turbo?
Old 02-06-14, 08:00 PM
yowps3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
What sets it off as econo and downmarket is the silly wing window above the sideview mirrors. These unecessary windows are found on cheap, 1980's econo cars and trucks of Europe, who's body structures could not be designed to accomodate the entire front window fitting inside the door when retracted. There's no class with such a design feature, other than bringing down the side profile and making it look nerdy and cheap.
Yeah that style is used across all of Subaru's vehicles!

Seriously WTF is happening in these Japanese boardrooms?
Old 02-06-14, 08:44 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts

I don't notice as many Subarus around as I used to. There are a few tree-huggers driving them back home in my hometown though.

This is the last good looking Subaru:

Old 02-06-14, 10:29 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

I think the WRX is going to be a big seller for Subaru. WRX has the space comparable to last Legacy, DIT, and Manual.
Old 02-06-14, 11:12 PM
Hoovey689

I liked this one. Love automotive heritage

Thanks Motor
Old 02-07-14, 01:39 AM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. (FHI), the maker of Subaru automobiles, unleashed the all-new "LEGACY" at the 2014 Chicago Auto Show. Celebrating the 25 anniversary of Subaru's flagship model, the LEGACY offers enhanced driveability and functionality, combined with premium styling.
Press Conference: 2014 Chicago Auto Show

Quick Reply: 2015 Subaru legacy (What Happened?!)