Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Official 2015 BMW 4-Series Gran Coupe Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-14, 11:39 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Why do I think sabycool1 has an agenda and may be popping up on the Acura, Audi, and other forums with the same type of post?
Old 03-05-14, 11:45 AM
salvadorik
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Glashub
Why do I think sabycool1 has an agenda and may be popping up on the Acura, Audi, and other forums with the same type of post?
Perhaps it is called freedom of speech granted by the First Amendment of the constitution of the United States?

We should not be afraid of competition and feel insecure even if they are aggressive. We are confident that our product exceeds in many ways so we let that marketing tactics challenge us. Afterall this way we will find out the truth

Last edited by salvadorik; 03-05-14 at 11:51 AM.
Old 03-05-14, 12:02 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

^^^

Oh man -- what was meant to be a humorous post is immediately slammed? As proven many times -- one man's freedom of speech is another man's reason to be offended. You want to argue freedom of speech is guaranteed? Go into work and toss around some street slang for ethnicities and see how far the 1st Amendment gets you. Why would you defend someone with 3 posts who posts something meant to sow discontent and take a member with hundreds of often useful posts to task?
Old 03-05-14, 12:26 PM
caveman
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sc00b
i would never go back to BMW
took me one M3 to be ruined because of issues all the time.
3 Lexus' later..... still driving a Lexus
Didnt know they made an E46 M3 in 2008 [your sig].....
Old 03-05-14, 01:16 PM
salvadorik
Lead Lap

^^^

Oh man -- what was meant to be a humorous post is immediately slammed? As proven many times -- one man's freedom of speech is another man's reason to be offended. You want to argue freedom of speech is guaranteed? Go into work and toss around some street slang for ethnicities and see how far the 1st Amendment gets you. Why would you defend someone with 3 posts who posts something meant to sow discontent and take a member with hundreds of often useful posts to task?
I hear you. Let me explain what I meant in a little more detailed fashion.

We, customers, know the product well. We don't just buy a car because of reading one post or the other. We do a thorough research and consider many variables before pulling the trigger. OP did not demonize Lexus rather posted an option on this forum. The competition in my mind should exist but ugliness as a result of the competition should be avoided. I am confident that 3IS is a solid product and I feel absolutely comfortable that it. It wins bimmer on many things. We should not feel insecure when we get the posts like that. One real world example: when I was considering to lease 335i I posted my first thread on bimmerfest. I got hammered, demonized and discredited because I praised IS350. My conclusion was that they felt insecure about 3 series which effectively influenced my decision to stay with Lexus.
Old 03-05-14, 02:06 PM
sabycool1
Driver School Candidate

Deleted .

Last edited by sabycool1; 07-04-20 at 01:09 PM.
Old 03-05-14, 02:25 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

If your intentions are good, then I apologize. I'm still at a loss as to what you gain by asking us if we'd reconsider an IS for a car that has yet to hit the streets. What is the motivation? Are you the same sabycool1 who's on bimmerfest posting that you're considering buying a 428 the 1st BMW in the family? If so, perhaps you could've posted here that you're considering a 428 and that you'd be interested in reading opinions as to why people chose an IS over a BMW?

I mean I don't care -- I'm just saying. I wish you well in your car shopping.
Old 03-05-14, 02:27 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

This thread will probably be move to car chat since it really has nothing to do with 3IS. It's not even in the same price range opposed to Q50 or 3 series.
Old 03-05-14, 03:05 PM
Slust
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Number of doors don't make a difference. The BMWs look great. I love their engines (aside from the whole turning off while at a light thing) but after that I didn't feel like the BMWs offered anything I couldn't find elsewhere. I didn't care for the interior, trim, handling or steering feel. That said, still great cars though, just not for me.

@sal
Saw your post on their forums. Those were some pretty lame replies you got.
Old 03-05-14, 03:18 PM
scarboy693
Rookie

I just came from an F30 328i.. Frankly.. I really don't get the Point of the 4GC.

The 5 vs 6C makes sense because the styling between the 2 is very different. The 3 vs 4GC isn't a totally different car styling-wise so it may be a harder sell. Also most people not into cars, they may just think it is a 3 sedan haha. Its a hatchback which is cool, but I just feel like they made that car for the sake of making something different.
Old 03-05-14, 03:40 PM
salvadorik
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Slust
@sal
Saw your post on their forums. Those were some pretty lame replies you got.
Yup yup this is precisely what I am talking about. When I visited bmw dealership and mentioned new IS350, the manager laughed at me as if there is absolutely no completion for 3 series. I believe what makes us different is that we are humble but we confident that we have a winner in our hands. We don't need to go over and beyond to praise Lexus - the product speaks for itself.
Old 03-05-14, 03:45 PM
Vairox
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

infiniti q50 eau rouge nuff said, too bad it's gonna start at $75-$85k
Old 03-06-14, 01:31 AM
danzeit
Rookie

Originally Posted by scarboy693
I just came from an F30 328i.. Frankly.. I really don't get the Point of the 4GC.

The 5 vs 6C makes sense because the styling between the 2 is very different. The 3 vs 4GC isn't a totally different car styling-wise so it may be a harder sell. Also most people not into cars, they may just think it is a 3 sedan haha. Its a hatchback which is cool, but I just feel like they made that car for the sake of making something different.
Yeah, totally agree.
Feels like they are just filling in the gaps in the numbers.
Old 03-06-14, 07:57 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by salvadorik
I hear you. Let me explain what I meant in a little more detailed fashion.

We, customers, know the product well. We don't just buy a car because of reading one post or the other. We do a thorough research and consider many variables before pulling the trigger. OP did not demonize Lexus rather posted an option on this forum. The competition in my mind should exist but ugliness as a result of the competition should be avoided. I am confident that 3IS is a solid product and I feel absolutely comfortable that it. It wins bimmer on many things. We should not feel insecure when we get the posts like that. One real world example: when I was considering to lease 335i I posted my first thread on bimmerfest. I got hammered, demonized and discredited because I praised IS350. My conclusion was that they felt insecure about 3 series which effectively influenced my decision to stay with Lexus.
I am a little sensitive. I 1st came on this forum in June or July of last year and it was a horrible experience. There were people constantly popping up to say that the IS was a downgrade, a step back from the 2IS. Or they'd just start threads for the veurpose of flaming the car. It really was ugly. I've been on various forums for 11 years and had never seen anything like it.

It's calmed down a lot now that the 3IS has been so well reviewed and now that the sales numbers show that Lexus has a hit on it's hands. I'll be sure to start giving people the benefit of doubt.
Old 03-06-14, 09:45 AM
salvadorik
Lead Lap

I am a little sensitive. I 1st came on this forum in June or July of last year and it was a horrible experience. There were people constantly popping up to say that the IS was a downgrade, a step back from the 2IS. Or they'd just start threads for the veurpose of flaming the car. It really was ugly. I've been on various forums for 11 years and had never seen anything like it.

It's calmed down a lot now that the 3IS has been so well reviewed and now that the sales numbers show that Lexus has a hit on it's hands. I'll be sure to start giving people the benefit of doubt.
Thank you Sir

Quick Reply: Official 2015 BMW 4-Series Gran Coupe Thread