Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: Should Lexus make a new IS-F base on 3IS?
Yes, the M3, C63, RS4, and ATS-V sedan needs some competition.
85.71%
No, the RC-F should get the job done.
14.29%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Lexus IS and IS-F rumors and news

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-14, 11:31 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lexus IS 25 Aniversario special edition introduced at Madrid Auto Show

Limited to 25 units

After publishing a teaser photo last week, Lexus has introduced the IS 25 Aniversario at the Madrid Auto Show in Spain.

Lexus is celebrating its 25th anniversary through a special edition of the IS limited to 25 units which will be sold exclusively in Spain. The vehicle has gained a more aggressive body kit created by Toyota Racing Development (TRD) together with a carbon fiber hood, roof and spoiler. It also comes with a TRD quad exhaust system and rides on 19-inch F SPORT wheels shod in Bridgestone Potenza tires measuring 225/35 R19 front and 255/30 R19 rear.

The Lexus IS 25 Aniversario also features a Brembo braking system with vented discs and six-piston calipers. On the inside it hosts a red start TRD button, perforated leather upholstery with "F SPORT" white inserts along with a commemorative plate and an individually numbered plaque. There aren't any changes in the engine department so the special edition can be had with the same V6 engine and also with a hybrid powertrain.

Lexus Spain says they will offer a similar kit as an upgrade package for existing IS owners for approximately 10,000 EUR.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11405207...uced-at-madrid
Old 05-22-14, 02:41 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default New Lexus IS F-Sport 25th Anniversary Edition Debuts in Spain

Some of you may remember a photo of an aero-tuned Lexus IS from Spain circulating around the net about a month ago and which was wrongly mistaken for the next IS F.

We already knew that it was a TRD-version of the new IS, and now, we learn via our Spanish friends from Autonocion and Periodismo del Motor that Lexus has presented it as a special edition model at the 2014 Madrid Motor Show to celebrate the brand's 25th Anniversary.

Only 25 examples of the Lexus IS TRD 25th Anniversary will be made and offered exclusively in Spain.

Based on the IS F-Sport, the special edition sports a TRD aero package (currently offered only in Japan from what we know) comprising a rear apron, side skirts, a front apron and a carbon fiber rear spoiler. The roof and the bonnet are also featured in carbon fiber, but it's not clear if it's a wrap or the real thing – our guess would be the former.

Other upgrades include the four-tip TRD sports exhaust, 19-inch alloys wrapped in Bridgestone Potenza tires (225/35 front, 255/30 rear), a Brembo front brake kit with 6-piston calipers, new perforated leather interior, a start button in red and a commemorative plate.
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/05/new...niversary.html
Old 05-29-14, 12:40 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Lexus trademarks the IS 200t moniker in the U.S. - report

Model will likely have a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder with 235 bhp (175 kW)

Lexus recently introduced their first turbocharged engine on the NX 200t and it looks like the IS will become the next model to use the engine as the company has reportedly trademarked the IS 200t moniker in the United States.

While nothing is official, the IS will likely be offered with a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine that produces 235 bhp (175 kW) and 258 lb-ft (349 Nm) of torque. It remains unclear if the engine will replace the entry-level 2.5-liter V6 - which churns out 204 bhp (152 kW) and 185 lb-ft (250 Nm) of torque - but previous reports have suggested the powerplant could stick around as the base offering.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11405297...he-us---report
Old 05-29-14, 03:51 PM
LexFather

Can we just change this to IS news?

Old 05-29-14, 05:53 PM
pman6
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

That rear end was inspired by the storm trooper helmet

Attached Thumbnails Lexus IS and IS-F rumors and news-stormtrooper001.jpg  
Old 05-29-14, 05:56 PM
LexFather

They are both white and black?

Old 05-30-14, 08:21 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Slammed Lexus IS F SPORT from Japanese Tuner Lexon

Dino Dalle Carbonare from Speedhunters has a nice feature on Japanese tuner Lexon and their Lexus IS F SPORT show car:

Before the Lexon company was set up, its owner, Takemi-san, was more into the performance side of things and was primarlily building and supplying parts for circuit and drift cars.

But with changing trends and more requests from his loyal customers who were swapping their sports cars for luxury street cars, the decision to move into modifying upmarket machines was a simple one. And that’s how Lexon came to be – Takemi-san designing his own line of body parts especially for Lexus vehicles.
The IS F SPORT show car has been outfitted with a full Lexon body kit, an AirRunner air suspension, and a set of new Vossen 20-inch VSF-1s wheels — here’s an alternate angle.
http://lexusenthusiast.com/2014/05/2...e-tuner-lexon/
Old 05-30-14, 08:25 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default A Touch Of Individuality, Lexon Style

During my years of Speedhunting travels I’ve had the opportunity to dive head first into a variety of automotive scenes and sub-genres. One of the first lessons I learned is that one should never judge, or underestimate, what someone might have been through to achieve the unique look they have gone for with their car.

But it wasn’t until I had time to spend a weekend with the Lexon crew at Wekfest Japan in Nagoya earlier this month, that I realised just how much work and preparation goes into making a car sit and look ‘right’. With style-oriented customization all the rage these days, it’s been something that I’ve been taking a particular interest in of late.

We’ve actually seen Lexon’s IS350 F Sport before – both at StanceNation last year, as well as the Tokyo Auto Salon in January. However, it was until a couple of weekends ago that I had the chance to take a really good look over the car. Before the Lexon company was set up, its owner, Takemi-san, was more into the performance side of things and was primarlily building and supplying parts for circuit and drift cars. But with changing trends and more requests from his loyal customers who were swapping their sports cars for luxury street cars, the decision to move into modifying upmarket machines was a simple one. And that’s how Lexon came to be – Takemi-san designing his own line of body parts especially for Lexus vehicles. His latest work has been dedicated to the all-new IS which was launched last year, and Lexon’s demo car does a great job of showing off the aftermarket front lip spoiler and side skirts that add a tad of aggression to the stock F Sport model it’s based upon.

Air Runner air suspension followed – the compressor and tank neatly hidden away behind the trunk trim and all of air lines routed along the sills. The idea was to take nothing away from the IS’s comfortable and sporty nature, yet through push-button-adjustable ride height, allow the car to make itself noticed at shows and gatherings.

Like any slammed car – or car capable of being slammed in such a way – choosing a wheel with the right design, size and fitment required a bit of thinking. Takemi took his time before he settled on a set of Vossen’s new form-flowed, deep concave 20-inch VSF-1s with an offset that allows them to sit nice and flush when at driving ride height, and then tuck under the front and rear fenders when the Lexus is dropped to the ground.

It wasn’t totally straightforward though, and some cutting of the inside fender lips was needed to ensure no rubbing occurs when the car is set at its lowest level.

Finishing up the rear end is a Lexon diffuser trim, from which the four titanium tips of the custom exhaust system make themselves seen.

A roof spoiler is the final piece of the puzzle – a simple touch that along with all the other modifications really makes this IS stand out from the crowd. All Lexon aero additions are made out of FRP but are also available in carbon fiber for those that want to make their cars look even more special. Takemi and the rest of the guys at Lexon can’t wait to get their hands on the soon-to-be-released RCF, and if the outcome is anything like the IS350, I can’t wait to see the results.

Dino Dalle Carbonare
Instagram: speedhunters_dino
dino@speedhunters.com

http://www.speedhunters.com/2014/05/...n-is350-style/
Old 05-30-14, 08:54 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At this point, this thread has little to do with an IS F. Time for a title change.
Old 05-30-14, 08:57 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

The mods have already changed the tite to "Next-Generation Lexus IS F rumors and 3IS news".
Old 05-30-14, 09:15 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Damn, love the lexon kit on that IS
Old 06-19-14, 11:20 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Toyota Motorsport GmbH boss downplays TMG-branded models, hints at a new Lexus IS F

RC F and IS F to gain a "manual-shift gearbox"

Toyota Motorsport GmbH (TMG) unveiled the Lexus LS Sports 650 concept a few years ago and it fueled speculation about a high-performance sub-brand.

We haven't heard much about TMG models since then but the company's Director of Business Operations, Rob Leupen, has revealed "I don't think you will find in the next four or five years a TMG car in any dealership." Leupen went on to say the Sports 650 concept won't be going into production despite earlier reports that it could arrive as early as next year. As he explained, "The LS for us is a showcase, it had nearly everything changed."

Despite downplaying plans for production models, Leupen confirmed TMG is working on a "manual-shift gearbox" for the Lexus RC F and IS F. Speaking of the latter model, he hinted it could use hybrid technology.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11406197...branded-models
Old 06-19-14, 03:34 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Manual shift gearbox? Automated-manual or traditional manual?
Old 06-19-14, 05:33 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I think its lame for them to try to fake the ISF badging with the F sport stuff. It confuses people and waters down and dilutes the image of the real F brand. BMW is doing the same so I guess Lexus is just following their badging scheme and placement

Last edited by I8ABMR; 06-19-14 at 05:54 PM.
Old 06-19-14, 05:58 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Vh_Supra26
Someone told me it is not possible to drop in the V8 into 3IS?
that would explain a lot , and answer truly if the 3ISF is in the mail. I just think if the M3 is available with 4 doors Lexus should have an equivalent. These F cars are pretty damn serious. I can only imagine what a newer 3rd gen ISF would feel like. I am looking at the RCF as my next car but with kids an ISF would still be a little nicer ( even though we always take our Sienna)

Quick Reply: Lexus IS and IS-F rumors and news