Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: Should Lexus make a new IS-F base on 3IS?
Yes, the M3, C63, RS4, and ATS-V sedan needs some competition.
85.71%
No, the RC-F should get the job done.
14.29%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Lexus IS and IS-F rumors and news

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-14, 07:22 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by DrRick
i swear i dont understand it, Bit. does that make us....old?
lol, i don't think so. more seriously, when i see the top of the rims hidden by the fenders it's just not aesthetically pleasing to me - prefer an even gap around the rim to the fender. also not a fan of really thin (low profile) rubber band tires. even putting the harsh ride and cost aside, we don't see any brands offering them from the factory, so they don't see the upside either.

just to be clear, this is nothing against vossen who makes some great looking rims! just would like to see them in slightly small sizes and not slammed.
Old 10-02-14, 10:57 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
lol, i don't think so. more seriously, when i see the top of the rims hidden by the fenders it's just not aesthetically pleasing to me - prefer an even gap around the rim to the fender. also not a fan of really thin (low profile) rubber band tires. even putting the harsh ride and cost aside, we don't see any brands offering them from the factory, so they don't see the upside either.

just to be clear, this is nothing against vossen who makes some great looking rims! just would like to see them in slightly small sizes and not slammed.
Agree, that look sucks big time regardless of age, absolutely horrible taste !!! Makes me wince/cringe everytime I see it, and I've seen them for years ......

Last edited by Gojirra99; 10-02-14 at 11:37 AM.
Old 10-02-14, 11:36 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm 27 and hate it
Old 10-02-14, 11:48 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

thanks guys.
Old 10-02-14, 11:50 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 108 Likes on 79 Posts

i never liked them slammed either... you can tastefully lower it like manufacturers do at car shows.
Old 10-02-14, 12:47 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
Agree, that look sucks big time regardless of age, absolutely horrible taste !!! Makes me wince/cringe everytime I see it, and I've seen them for years ......
it just reminds me of the early 90s when everyone was slamming their import trucks and scraping the pavement. never once thought it would come back on luxury cars...
Old 10-02-14, 02:13 PM
obturator
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sick lexon 3is!
Old 10-02-14, 07:58 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

I'm a fan of functional modifications and the slammed look has absolutely no functionality in terms of handling or ride comfort. It actually makes the car less practical. Mild lowering to improve handling I understand but this......
Old 10-02-14, 08:29 PM
obturator
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You do realize that that IS is on air suspension, right? Being slammed to the ground is not suppose to be functional; it is impossible to drive like that. It's a look some enthusiasts seek to achieve. The ride height is adjustable by a touch of a button. To each their own, right?
Old 10-02-14, 10:38 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by obturator
You do realize that that IS is on air suspension, right? Being slammed to the ground is not suppose to be functional; it is impossible to drive like that. It's a look some enthusiasts seek to achieve. The ride height is adjustable by a touch of a button. To each their own, right?
Nope. On the internet, there are only 2 opinions, Mine and the wrong one.
Old 11-15-14, 12:22 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default CNET Finds 2015 Lexus IS 250 a Great Everyday Car

While the Lexus IS, in this case the 250, is a striking looking sedan, everything else about it is distinctly familiar and intuitive. Aside from its looks, the IS has a lot to offer as a great daily driver, as CNET’s Brian Cooley explains in the video.

The engine is very important for a daily driver – it needs to be both economical and decently punchy, and the 250 strikes that balance. It may not be a screamer by American standards, but 205 hp and zero to sixty in 7.7 seconds is actually quite quick.

The IS gets another tick in the interior evaluation box. Its dashboard is ergonomic and easy to operate/understand, and while it deeply contrasts the flamboyant exterior, that’s actually a good thing. The only issue the reviewer had was with the mouse-like controller for the infotainment – he said a clicking rotary **** would have been better.

http://www.carscoops.com/2014/11/cne...250-great.html
Old 12-18-14, 06:01 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Lexus IS Named Best Executive Car in Scottish Car of the Year Awards

The Lexus IS has been named Executive Car of the Year in the Scottish Car of the Year Awards:

Alasdair Suttie, [Association of Scottish Motoring Writers] President, said: “In a marketplace dominated by German offerings, the Lexus IS delivers a unique take on the compact luxury theme. It feels fresh and different to the more obvious choices and the standard kit list in lengthier too.

“At its most desirable in hybrid form, this is a car that’s subtle and respectable. The hybrid drivetrain works well and offers a refined alternative to the usual diesel choices, while the low CO2 is good news for company car drivers.”
http://lexusenthusiast.com/2014/12/0...r-year-awards/
Old 12-18-14, 06:01 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Lexus IS F SPORT Nominated in 2013 Most Beautiful Car of the Year Awards

The Lexus IS F SPORT has been nominated in the 2013 Most Beautiful Car of the Year awards, an annual contest held by Festival Automobile International & Euro Sport.

Public voting will determine the winner, which means you can get involved — be sure to vote before December 26th to help the IS F SPORT make it into the semi-finals.
http://lexusenthusiast.com/2013/12/1...e-year-awards/
Old 12-19-14, 07:54 AM
zema
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this the 2016 Lexus IS 200t Prototype Caught in the Wild [Spied]

There are some strong rumors going around that the 2016 Lexus IS will get a new turbocharged base engine to make it the IS 200t. There is no official word on the availability of this engine option, but it makes a lot of sense. The all-new 2015 Lexus NX is the one to usher in the turbocharged 2.0L four cylinder to the Lexus lineup. The company spent a lot of development and testing time to make sure the new 2.0-liter delivers the power and refinement to satisfy Lexus customers.

The engine makes 238 hp @ 4,800 rpm and 256 lb-ft of torque @ 1,650 rpm. The power comes in early and the delivery is smooth. This engine can do wonders in the IS sedan, which is lighter than the NX crossover. Lexus currently uses a 2.5L V6 engine for the base IS model. It’s a smooth motor as well, but it does not have enough power or efficiency when compared to many turbocharged competitors from Germany.

TFLcar caught this prototype with emissions testing equipment running high in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado.

Source: http://www.tflcar.com/2014/12/is-thi...he-wild-spied/
Old 12-19-14, 01:25 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Should be slightly more powerful than 235hp closer to 250hp as they have to make a special RWD/AWD application

Quick Reply: Lexus IS and IS-F rumors and news