Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Review: 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG

Old 04-02-14, 06:55 PM   #61
mb93fd
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

not feeling this car at all, but then again im not a huge Benz fan
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
mb93fd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-14, 07:56 PM   #62
LexFather
Trader Score: ()

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Driver View Post
You haven't touched a nerve. Just pointing out how idiotic it was to call a performance car like the CLA 45 AMG with 355 hp that gets 23 MPG city and 31 MPG highway getting "mildly good fuel economy" when no other cars come close to it.
It is a 4-cylinder and those are ratings, surely when pushed hard as an AMG should be MPG
Will drop.

Hoovey is a great resource here, you might disagree with him but never "idiotic".
Old 04-03-14, 12:01 AM   #63
F1Driver
Pole Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexFather View Post
It is a 4-cylinder and those are ratings, surely when pushed hard as an AMG should be MPG
Will drop.

Hoovey is a great resource here, you might disagree with him but never "idiotic".
When you push ANY car, its MPG will surely drop not just an AMG.

Like I said, point me to another car that has as much power as the CLA 45 AMG, gets fuel economy numbers like the CLA 45 AMG, and matches the performance of the CLA 45 AMG.
F1Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-14, 01:27 AM   #64
UpSideDown
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovey2411 View Post
Still haven't seen an AMG version but I have seen a few CLA250's putting around. I like it from certain angles and def in person. Pictures don't do it justice. I'll never own one though
Yeah, it looks good from some angles. But I think the A45 AMG looks much better.
UpSideDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-14, 04:25 AM   #65
SteVTEC
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Like I said, point me to another car that has as much power as the CLA 45 AMG, gets fuel economy numbers like the CLA 45 AMG, and matches the performance of the CLA 45 AMG.
I can't think of one either, but the numbers are almost too good to be true, especially with the low compression ratio. If real-world fuel economy estimates hold up this will be a truly incredible engine in terms of power density and efficiency. Also not relevant to compare hybrid with non-hybrid. Apples to oranges there. I really do hope the fuel economy numbers hold up, because with that minuscule fuel tank these things will have to hit the gas pump a few times per week!

12 BMW E70 X5d (IT'S HERE!)
11 BMW E93 335i convertible (the Bavarian | pics)
02 Highlander Ltd V6 AWD (the beloved)
SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-14, 07:08 AM   #66
LexFather
Trader Score: ()

Quote:
When you push ANY car, its MPG will surely drop not just an AMG.

Again it should get better MPG, its a 4 cylinder. If it was a 6 or 8 with those MPG numbers than it would be mind-blowing. I think the ratings are very good but should be expected. I agree that overall nothing matches the CLA 45 with its MPG/HP Rating as it is a car of one as the S3 won't even be a head on competitor. It has a really nice niche to itself.

I am too lazy to look up EVO numbers out of curiosity.
Old 04-04-14, 08:03 AM   #67
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (1)

Default Edmunds Pits New Audi A3 2.0 TFSI Against Mercedes CLA250

Quote:
German luxury carmakers Mercedes and Audi have founded a new niche in the $30,000-ish price segment in the U.S. with their CLA and A3 sedan models respectively, essentially targeting buyers who are willing to trade off the amenities of a bigger mid-size model for a smaller compact car with a premium name.

In the following video review from Edmunds, which we should warn you, contains more footage of the two journalists talking about the two models than scenes of the cars in question, the reviewers lay out the pros and cons of the 2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI Quattro and Mercedes-Benz CLA 250.

Ingolstadt's more traditional A3 sedan has a 220hp 2.0-liter turbo driving all-four wheels through a six-speed automated dual-clutch transmission and is priced from $32,900 (excluding an $895 destination and handling fee). Audi also offers a front-wheel drive 170hp A3 1.8 TFSI that starts from $29,900.

Mercedes followed a different direction for the CLA that apes the styling of the bigger and more luxurious CLS. The base CLA 250 starts at $29,900 ($30,825 with delivery fees) and sports a 208hp 2.0-liter turbo paired to a seven-speed semi-automatic dual-clutch transmission turning the front wheels.

So, which one would you have?
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/03/edm...3-20-tfsi.html
Vh_Supra26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-14, 09:06 AM   #68
doge
Formerly Bad Co

From what I've heard, the CLA45 is stupid fast on the street. People have said it really goes like a raped ape however... Its not the best on the track, people have been saying that the transmission isn't tuned for fast downshifts. It appears that problems is across the board with all amg's, My CLS63 is great on the street however I wouldn't take it to track and the transmission has a mind of its own.

Last edited by doge; 04-04-14 at 09:23 AM..
doge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-14, 10:45 AM   #69
Hoovey2411
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doge View Post
From what I've heard, the CLA45 is stupid fast on the street. People have said it really goes like a raped ape however... Its not the best on the track, people have been saying that the transmission isn't tuned for fast downshifts. It appears that problems is across the board with all amg's, My CLS63 is great on the street however I wouldn't take it to track and the transmission has a mind of its own.
Yeah tranny's that can't make up their mind are no good for track duty
|Version 3.5 |TLN #918|
GIANTS|NINERS|SHARKS|WARRIORS
Hoovey2411 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-14, 08:19 AM   #70
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (1)

Default Mercedes-Benz CLA Shooting Brake spied testing in Dubai

Click the image to open in full size.
Click here to view photos

Quote:
Should be launched in the following months

The Mercedes-Benz CLA Shooting Brake has been spied undergoing final testing on the crowded streets of Dubai, UAE.

It's been quite a while since we last talked about the CLA SB but now our friends at IndianAutosBlog have managed to snap a few shots of a prototype testing in Dubai. Looking essentially like a downsized CLS Shooting Brake, the car spotted here will be the fourth addition to the A-Class family after a hatchback, sedan and crossover.

We already know it will receive the AMG treatment like its three siblings but that will likely happen in 2015, following the introduction of the standard CLA Shooting Brake later this year. Although it will be most practical A-Class-based model, the trunk opening appears to be quite narrow which might impose a problem when inserting voluminous cargo.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11405297...sting-in-dubai
Vh_Supra26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-14, 08:19 AM

Tags
2014, 45, amg, cla, cla45, face, forums, grey, latest, lsd, mb, month, mountain, news, pink, smiley