Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Tokyo Auto Salon 2014 #TAS2014 Official Thread

Old 01-09-14, 07:58 PM
LexFather

Cool Tokyo Auto Salon 2014 #TAS2014 Official Thread

The first pic is something no one has seen yet with new Vossen Precision Series Wheels on an Audi R8 by Hamana

The Lexus Racing Booth

Rauh-Welt

We usually have a TAS thread in car chat and what makes this one more special for me personally is for the first time I will be in attendance courtesy of Vossen. Sadly due to the crazy cold weather my flight was canceled so I am delayed two days but I should arrive in Tokyo Saturday. If you are on Instagram #TAS2014 has tons of pics coming in already and some amazing vehicles. This truly is a dream come true for me and its kind of settling in seeing the pictures, the texts and finalizing my packing. More about my trip to Japan in a separate thread as Lexus and myself will be spending quite sometime together and I am very grateful for the opportunity they are presenting myself and Vossen (and I'm not sure what I will be able to share just yet).

This thread is for our usual TAS pics and I hope to provide some inside coverage.

My friends at SpeedHunters already have pics and a write-up. We will be connecting with them for some awesomeness.

Old 01-09-14, 10:55 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

great pics , Mike. Thanks for sharing. Vossen world wide !!
Old 01-10-14, 12:47 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Lexus getting artistic

I don't think it it turns
Old 01-10-14, 06:37 AM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

What size is the rubber on the 458 spider?

I like how they put small spot lights on the wheels to highlight the anodized red finish.

Then the reality thing, who is going buy a 458 with huge tacked on rear fenders?
Old 01-10-14, 08:44 AM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

very nice!!!!
Old 01-10-14, 11:46 AM
Hoovey689

Awesome booth Vossen
Old 01-10-14, 05:09 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by Danielle@Vossen
Awesome photos! Can't wait to see more
awe did they leave you here Danielle?

Perhaps stowaway in Mike's suitcase next time
Old 01-10-14, 05:46 PM
LexFather

Posting from Singapore Airlines.. The food was pretty good! I hope to have content soon.

Old 01-10-14, 05:55 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Vossen is blowing up !!! You guys are killing it. Great wheels, fresh innovative styles, great wheel lines, and now world wide !! I get compliments on my CV1s ALLLLL the time. When I go in for service the staff make me feel like a celebrity.

Hope you had a good trip. Love the pics. Keep them coming !!
Old 01-10-14, 06:33 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by LexFather
Posting from Singapore Airlines.. The food was pretty good! I hope to have content soon.
uggh jealous. I lived in Singapore for 4 years, always used SA for any travel to Asia, Southeast Asia, Austrailia and New Zealand. Fantastic airline. And Changi Airport is absolutely gorgeous
Old 01-10-14, 11:41 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

Great pics.. loving the S5... Well Done..
Old 01-12-14, 10:59 AM
LexFather

We walked over early this morning since I was told it's really tough to get pics as the show gets super crowded. It was stunning to see all these vehicles and booths I've seen in magazines and the internet over the years. I'm still floored and absorbing it all.

The Lexus Racing booth was pretty innovative with the dresses up mannequins and party themed GT 500 RC coupe.

I happened to be right by the entrance when the doors opened to the public and it was like a tidal wave of people. It was actually kind of scary as people rushed in and ran past trying to get pics.

I've never been to such a packed show, people everywhere loving what they were seeing. I've never seen so many pics taken.

In regards to the cars it was utter Lexus/Toyota domination, they seemed to be in every booth. The will known JDM brands had some amazing booths and cars with the "Liberty Walk" crew IMO having the most impressive combination of cars.

The Vossen booth was clean with a cool design, my boss is the greatest guy and kept encouraging me to walk around and take in the whole show. It was cool now seeing industry friends in their home in Japan and not here in the states everytime, you could see they appreciated it.

It's 4am here and my body is still adjusting and the schedule is packed so I plan to have some pics later hopefully.

The Tokyo Auto Salon is everything and more and exceeded all my expectations!

Old 01-12-14, 11:57 AM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by LexFather
We walked over early this morning since I was told it's really tough to get pics as the show gets super crowded. It was stunning to see all these vehicles and booths I've seen in magazines and the internet over the years. I'm still floored and absorbing it all.

The Lexus Racing booth was pretty innovative with the dresses up mannequins and party themed GT 500 RC coupe.

I happened to be right by the entrance when the doors opened to the public and it was like a tidal wave of people. It was actually kind of scary as people rushed in and ran past trying to get pics.

I've never been to such a packed show, people everywhere loving what they were seeing. I've never seen so many pics taken.

In regards to the cars it was utter Lexus/Toyota domination, they seemed to be in every booth. The will known JDM brands had some amazing booths and cars with the "Liberty Walk" crew IMO having the most impressive combination of cars.

The Vossen booth was clean with a cool design, my boss is the greatest guy and kept encouraging me to walk around and take in the whole show. It was cool now seeing industry friends in their home in Japan and not here in the states everytime, you could see they appreciated it.

It's 4am here and my body is still adjusting and the schedule is packed so I plan to have some pics later hopefully.

The Tokyo Auto Salon is everything and more and exceeded all my expectations
!
Yeah that Jet lag is a b****! Singapore was 16 hours ahead of here in California, I forget if Japan is too or not. Regardless it takes a few days to a week to get adjusted. Of course by that time you're already headed back

Glad you're having a great time at TAS. Hopefully you'll get some time to explorer Japan outside the show too
Old 01-12-14, 12:35 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

I am pretty sure you are being called "GIANT" in Japan... my best buddy went there, and is 6.1ft and kids called him GIANT

:-)
Old 01-12-14, 12:47 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,095 Likes on 1,358 Posts

^^^ haha, yeah, i was a giant there too (6'3") and mike's taller.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tokyo Auto Salon 2014 #TAS2014 Official Thread