Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Aston Martin Vantage

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-14, 02:46 PM
SpmMorrow
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Aston Martin Vantage

Anyone on here own (currently or in the past) a Aston Martin V8 Vantage. I LOVE the look of this car but need some feedback on how they are to live with. I know they are not the best performing cars in their class but certainly have to be one of the best looking cars around.
Old 01-23-14, 02:58 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by SpmMorrow
Anyone on here own (currently or in the past) a Aston Martin V8 Vantage. I LOVE the look of this car but need some feedback on how they are to live with. I know they are not the best performing cars in their class but certainly have to be one of the best looking cars around.
Agreed, despite it's shortcomings some of the competition. It is my dream car.
Old 01-23-14, 08:38 PM
GQD_GS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can expect about 15mpg around town and 19mpg highway...but if youre considering a vantage, then mpg doesnt matter. The clutch takes getting used to in manuals, the paddle shift is kinda clunky in auto mode, and the car doesnt exactly feel nimble. Despite this, i absolutely love my aston and would not hesitate to buy it again. 2009 and up has the updated engine and has higher reliability marks. If you want performance numbers, there are GTR's and 911 turbos for that, but let me tell you, every time i drive my aston, it feels like a special day...like youre filming a music video lol.
Old 01-26-14, 09:02 PM
SpmMorrow
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GQD_GS4
You can expect about 15mpg around town and 19mpg highway...but if youre considering a vantage, then mpg doesnt matter. The clutch takes getting used to in manuals, the paddle shift is kinda clunky in auto mode, and the car doesnt exactly feel nimble. Despite this, i absolutely love my aston and would not hesitate to buy it again. 2009 and up has the updated engine and has higher reliability marks. If you want performance numbers, there are GTR's and 911 turbos for that, but let me tell you, every time i drive my aston, it feels like a special day...like youre filming a music video lol.
How are these cars on reliability. Im coming from a history of Lexus, Toyota so I know it may not be up to par with my past cars but are these money pits on the scheduled maintenance? Also how is this car to live with as a daily? I would be driving the car 3-4 times per week, 120miles or so per week... I don't have a far commute to the office
Old 01-27-14, 08:08 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SpmMorrow
How are these cars on reliability.
One story I heard was of the handstitched leather dash.

Nice to look at. But under the sun, when parked for a long time, the heat can melt the glue. And then your leather dash pops right off...
Old 01-27-14, 08:17 AM
doge
Formerly Bad Co

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
One story I heard was of the handstitched leather dash.

Nice to look at. But under the sun, when parked for a long time, the heat can melt the glue. And then your leather dash pops right off...
Guess they don't encounter that problem in the U.K
Old 01-27-14, 12:04 PM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Curious if you checked truecar, might have some factual data to go off of.