Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Tokyo Auto Salon 2014 #TAS2014 Official Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-14, 04:29 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
I am pretty sure you are being called "GODZILLA" in Japan...
Fixed for you
Old 01-13-14, 07:16 PM
LexFather

Lmfao!! At this point Facebook/Instagram/tumblr/Pinterest is easier..

LexpressionsF1

The show was really awesome, this in awe. To think next year the RC will be a part.

Also of note Honda had the NSX there but outside of that all their cars are tiny boxes. It looked oddly out of place but it was packed of course.

All the car booths were packed. The Toyoto/Gazoo racing one was huge then FT86/BRZ.

Oh yeah saw the Lexus LFA "Code-X"!!

Old 01-18-14, 01:22 AM
LexFather

Gazoo Racing….

And the new Code-X

Old 01-18-14, 05:13 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

Thanks for the pics Looking forward to more
Old 01-18-14, 10:08 AM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Beautiful! Looking forward to more pics...
Old 01-27-14, 10:21 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
Thanks for the pics Looking forward to more
Originally Posted by RX469
Beautiful! Looking forward to more pics...
Thanks guys…here is the completed video, you get to see my yapping….

We have two write ups, I wanted to share my much longer one and I will go even further into the show.

The first part features our time at the world famous Tokyo Auto Salon. Here you see some of the freshest vehicles on the planet and some of the most outlandish. This is not just a JDM show, there is a strong presence of European, exotic and American cars as well.

We stayed in lovely city of Chiba where the show is held and arrived before the gates officially opened to get some work done before the crowds arrived. When the gates did open its pretty overwhelming with how packed this show gets from open to close which also meant a packed Mondera Japan | Vossen booth. As stated this is our sixth year at the show and each year Yuki makes a more innovative and fun yet modern booth.

Our highly anticipated Vossen Precision Series was on display as well as our new Flow Form Series, which debuts later this month. Throughout the show people commented on the clean designs and high quality touching and feeling for themselves. There was a lot of energy and fun at the show especially since we brought Estanfaia Serrano as a booth model all the way from Miami.

Three vehicles were featured in the booth, an Audi S5 Sportback on Vossen Precision Series wheels;

a Lexus IS 350 F sport featuring Skipper Design;

and CVT wheels and a JDM Nissan Skyline wrapped and sporting Infiniti badges featuring Access Evolution parts and our exciting Flow Form wheels in our new Bronze finish.

When we were not in the booth we walked around to see all this incredible show has to offer. There was a good feeling in the air with people smiling and booths packed with people to check out some of the latest products and even some old classic ones. Hamana’s booth was a favorite featuring a clean all white theme while having some serious heat parked, including a 2014 Mercedes CLA and A-class hatchback and from Audi a new S7 and one of the hottest cars we have laid eyes on, their modified Audi R8 V-10.

Each car was a show stopper which will get its own feature. The Liberty Walk booth was maybe the most packed and energetic, people love their widebody vehicles and their fun and happy attitudes.

[IMG]
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7410/12173415185_9c024f0603_b.jpg[/IMG]

The Lexus Racing booth was avante garde featuring mannequins in tuxedos working as a race crew for the new RC F GT 500 race car. There might have been thousands of memory cards filled as attendees seemingly took picture after picture all over this show. People old and young were seen enjoying the efforts showcased at the Tokyo Auto Salon.

We had various food during the day including traditional Bento Boxes and some chicken nuggets. Another great part of the day were the various people who stopped by our booth during the show, including the President of RS-R, Lisa Chen, the “Sciontist”, the AirRex crew and our good friend Derrick-G.

As the show came to a close we were happy to have once again been an official participant and to experience some of the finest vehicles Japan has to offer while showcasing some of our own.

Last edited by LexFather; 01-27-14 at 10:24 AM.

Old 01-27-14, 10:46 AM
LexFather

I will have a five part thread series chronicling my trip to Japan, this is part one. Not the way I envisioned it to look so I hope the others are cleaner. I will also have a thread about my overall trip to Japan for the first time (which I may put in the Clubhouse), one for the Vossen Owners Meet, one for all the Vossen cars we covered during the week, including our growing relationships with JDM brands there and a write-up with pictures of my exclusive two days with Lexus in Japan.

It really was a dream come true and I hope you all enjoy what I have to share. More pics and my personal feelings coming after lunch

Edit- I will update this thread, have one big thread about the entire trip and a separate thread for Lexus of Intersect.

Last edited by LexFather; 02-21-14 at 11:16 AM.