Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Inexpensive Auto Refinancing - Pen Fed Credit Union

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-14, 06:59 AM
lester123
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Inexpensive Auto Refinancing - Pen Fed Credit Union

For your information, Pen Fed Credit Union is now offering really great financing and refinancing rates on their loans. To refinance for 3 yrs with a 2013 or 2014 model year auto, the rate is .99% and the only other requirement is to have $5 on deposit at the credit union. A year ago I financed my other auto thru them at a low rate too.

Anyone know how long you need to keep a Lexus loan before you can refinance?
Old 01-04-14, 07:22 AM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by lester123
For your information, Pen Fed Credit Union is now offering really great financing and refinancing rates on their loans. To refinance for 3 yrs with a 2013 or 2014 model year auto, the rate is .99% and the only other requirement is to have $5 on deposit at the credit union. A year ago I financed my other auto thru them at a low rate too.

Anyone know how long you need to keep a Lexus loan before you can refinance?
isn't .99% the same with the 0.9% offered by Lexus Financial?
to answer your question, wait for the paperworks/billing statement to get your account number, there you'll see your payoff quote THEN you can re-finance.
Old 01-04-14, 09:44 AM
lester123
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by markrivers
isn't .99% the same with the 0.9% offered by Lexus Financial? YES
to answer your question, wait for the paperworks/billing statement to get your account number, there you'll see your payoff quote THEN you can re-finance.
When I purchased my RX last Oct, it was suggested by the Sales Mgr to finance to get the $1700 Lexus promotion, but interest rate was 4.5%. Then refinance in about 3 months, but I have never seen anything in writing about when one could refinance.

When I go on the Lexus Financial site, I see a payoff amount, so I guess I can refinance, although I have only made 1 payment so far.
Old 01-04-14, 10:23 AM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by lester123
When I purchased my RX last Oct, it was suggested by the Sales Mgr to finance to get the $1700 Lexus promotion, but interest rate was 4.5%. Then refinance in about 3 months, but I have never seen anything in writing about when one could refinance.

When I go on the Lexus Financial site, I see a payoff amount, so I guess I can refinance, although I have only made 1 payment so far.
Yes. that's how you do it.
You can ask for a check ( from Pen Fed/ any credit union) and use it to pay it off.
i have done it before