Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Which car would you choose?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-14, 09:22 AM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

3-Series or GS maybe S4.
Old 01-07-14, 02:38 PM
JasonChang
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys! for the opinion on each of all those cars!! Depends on the financial situation I can only get theses cars that are listed. Otherwise I will consider better cars that's for sure!

But now the all new 2015 C400 AMG line is really impressing me a lot. It's longer, looks fantastic inside out. And it has more HP than other cars (except for S4). But it doesn't mean it's better on the driving. Will see on the actual specs and I can determine. Hopefully it goes quick in straight line lol because I like doing 0-60 when going onto the ramp. Plus I won't have to be worry going to Tahoe with their 4 matic feature, and it takes off faster than RWD. RWD is fun but I don't think I will even drift with this car at all. If I want to drift, S13 S14 is the way to go.

And!

Key Highlights

All-new design, including Sport and Luxury trims with unique exterior and interior styling
More powerful engines: 235-hp 2.0-liter turbocharged inline-4 and 329-hp 3.0-liter turbocharged V-6
4MATIC permanent all-wheel drive
All-new suspensions delivering greater response and ride comfort
Available AIRMATIC air suspension with selectable and custom ride settings
Optional Sport Package with aggressive bodywork and lowered, sport-tuned suspension
All-new, roomier interior with an even higher degree of luxury and craftsmanship
Next-generation technology suite with touchpad interface, free-standing central display and mbrace2 connected car system
PRE-SAFE® anticipatory occupant protection system
ATTENTION ASSIST® driver-drowsiness monitor and COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST PLUS
Available "Intelligent Drive" safety and assistance technologies, including Active Lane Keeping Assist, Active Blind Spot Assist, and DISTRONIC PLUS adaptive cruise control with Steering Assist
WOW me when I saw that AIR MATIC item. Such a great option to add on. Really looking forward to see on the specs for the AIR MATIC air suspension and lowered sport suspension. I'm assuming that the sport suspension should be better performance than air. But if the air suspension's performance is close to sport ones, and it can go lower than sport ones. This car is ultimately the best car for the money! Or it might be just like audi that has individual, eco, sport, sport +, those kind of feature?

Last edited by JasonChang; 01-07-14 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-07-14, 03:08 PM
JasonChang
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SteVTEC
They're still awesome handling cars, but the whole thing with BMWs was the intimate road feel, and the outstanding chassis backing it all up. There's a confidence that you get when driving now older BMWs that just encourages you to push and enjoy the car, because they communicated what exactly they were doing at all times so well. All of that is gone now, with the completely numb electric steering. You can't feel a damned thing, which is sad. They've also softened up the brakes a lot because Americans complain too much about brake dust, so the solid braking feel is gone too, unless you opt for an M-Sport model. They're still great cars, just different animals now. If I was buying another new German car, I'd rather try an Audi or Benz on for size than another BMW.
Hmmm, good to know that man! It makes me feels like my IS's steering. Very smooth, very quite, don't really talk to me for what road am I going to. Plus electrical-issues-wise BMW is the king. They might do a little better now but still, a lot of problem could happens in the future. Doesn't mean that AUDI and BENZ has no problem. But I'm sure it's less than BMW. Thanks bro! It really makes me think twice again. The C400 is amazing to me now lol.

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
I think u really need to drive the new Bimmers that have the PASSIVE Msport suspensions with RWD.

The steering is not as perfect as the E-generation cars but if optioned the right way the still deliver that ultimate driving experience.
Personally i couldnt be more satisfied with my 2013 F10 535i Msport - its by far the best car I owned.

Again i dont like the current BMW Direction of softening the dynamics but equipped the right way they are still Great. Please test drive the 4series - i think u will like it.

Also while msrp prices are high - if u lease the price is not bad due to high residuals.
I would love 4 series, good for driver but for family it's not a great car. I'm not trying to buy a family car but a car that can be part of usage in both myself and family. lol

Originally Posted by natnut
To the OP : when you mention performance, it seems that you're looking more at straight-line accleration.

In that case, one of the turbo/supercharged German cars would be for you.

If you're looking for tight handling and better steering feel, you should consider the IS350 F-Sport or GS350 F-Sport. Both Car and Driver and Road and Track ranked the IS350 F-Sport as NUMBER ONE in the compact executive sedan segment largely due to its combination of great handling,engaging steering and luxury.
Good to know bro! Yea I really enjoy straight line accelerating in daily driving. Can cut traffic in and out easy too. lol Yea I will def test drive GS350 and then C400 to decide which would best fit me man! Thanks again.

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
CLA45 looks and sounds like a pile of crap. Lousy interior, nasty exhaust, nav looks like someone glued a Garmin on the dash, 4 banger, all for the bargain price of 60-65k. Buy a C63 instead if you are interested in a performance Benz or better yet wait for the 2015 C class redesign
LOL yea I'm officially taking off CLA AMG45 as of now. 4 cylinder doesn't impress me much and it sounds weird I agreed. Buying C63 is easy, but C63 is way to expensive on maintenance for me, but if job is getting much more pay. Then owning one is no problem. I do looking into C400 for the money. Looks absolutely great.

Originally Posted by grabber2
1. 2014 GS350 F-sport
2. 2014 AUDI S4
3. 2014 BMW335i
*. 2015 C350 - no comment on this one yet
*. 2014 CLA 45 AMG -- it look like a Hyundai to me.
LOL that's funny how you say it's hyundai type of benz. I saw the GS350 F sport on the road few hours ago. Really great looking car, if C400 and 335i doesn't work on me. I would go with GS350.

Originally Posted by TangoRed
Yes. Outside of the 335i, the S4 has the most active aftermarket out of the other cars you listed. Between ECU tunes and suspension mods you can really make that car perform at a very high level. I'm not a huge Audi fan but I really respect the S4.

Yet the reviews for it have all been positive.
Nice! good to know! I need to see S4 more often in person. Quite feel like not many people is owning one. Def a must on test driving the S4.

Originally Posted by hlee12
spend more and get an RS5 or Vette
great cars man! I wish I can afford those car. Can't really buying a even more expensive car with saving up for my wedding. lol maybe in the future I guess.

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
jason, you keep mentioning rear seat room, but the reality is most anything with decent rear seat room isn't going to be that much fun unless it's big bucks (like a panamera ).

335, c350, s4, is, none of those has a lot of rear seat room (c350 prob best?).
gs350 would be fine, but now it's a big car, so not as much fun (although good handling anyway).

i think the cla45 is one butt ugly car, so i'd pass on that one.
Hmm, I mean a little more room than my IS is good enough. Because I don't have tall family they are all around my size or shorter. I don't know why they complaining back seats when I sitting in the back with no complains at all. lol but since 2015 C400 is being longer car. I think it works for me bro lol.

Originally Posted by SteVTEC
The current F30 3-series passes my "sit behind yourself" test no problem. There's tons of room for my 6'3" carcass both in front and in back, and unlike the E90 generation cars, ingress and egress to the back seats is a lot more workable for me now. Wouldn't have any problems sitting in the back of one for quite awhile if needed. The C-class and Audi A4 were tiny in comparison, but the NEW C-class is supposed to be roomier, and I'd assume the soon next-gen A4 will be as well. I see the F30 3-series as the true heir and replacement to the E39 5-series.
Good to know 6'3 fits 335i rear man! I'll keep that in mind thanks!
Old 01-07-14, 04:48 PM
JasonChang
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LexFather
Okay then my list

1. CLA 45…
2. S4
3. GS 350
4. 335
5. C350 (no idea how it drives)

AMG wins here……reviews for the car have been splendid….
As of how CLA45 is being so impressive, the news on the C400 looks like it has even more potential in improving driving experience in the future, since it's V6 turbo instead of 4 cylinders. CLA45 is really nice just doesn't convince me for only 4 cylinders lol. But opinions you gave I do keep in mind bro each and every other cars has pros and cons but C400 is perfect fits me so far, will see the specs on the driving. can't wait haha
Old 01-07-14, 09:25 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonChang
Because I don't have tall family they are all around my size or shorter. I don't know why they complaining back seats when I sitting in the back with no complains at all.
maybe it's not the room alone, it's how you drive to have 'fun' and make them sea sick back there.
Old 01-08-14, 01:38 AM
JasonChang
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
maybe it's not the room alone, it's how you drive to have 'fun' and make them sea sick back there.
LOL! hahaha
Old 01-08-14, 04:22 PM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

CLA rear headroom is an absolute joke. A bad joke at that. I sat in the back and got a sore neck because I had to lean toward the middle the whole time so as not to hit my head on the roof - and I'm under 6'!

Glad you're crossing that one off your list.