Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

How is Lexus doing?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-14, 03:17 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
.. The problem with your "reviews" is that you don't review cars from an unbiased viewpoint, your reviews are basically how every car fits into your idea of what a car should be.
.. LOL
That is what a review is about. You are expecting him to publish a scientific data report, then look for those. If you follow a reviewer, then you can expect what sort of vehicle it is when he gives a thumbs up for a said vehicle. C&D puts a 3 series #1 every year even when on a numbers basis it cannot beat an Infiniti for crying out loud. But when C&D gives a thumbs up, you know what to expect given how they think.

think about it.
Old 01-14-14, 03:19 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

To me, the most important thing is objectivity. Nobody wants to read what *you* like or would purchase for yourself. BUT...people will want to read your thoughts on how a particular car compares to other cars it competes with, assuming that review is more about the performance of that car compared with its competition in areas that are important in that specific segment.

I've read you say that you were much more impressed with the MB GLK than the MB GL, and you direct that as a negative against the GL. That statement doesn't offer anything to anybody because the two vehicles are profoundly different, and any preference between the two speaks to YOUR values, not the merits of either vehicle. Post your thoughts about the GL against other $70k+ 3 row SUVs, and your thoughts about the GLK vs other small luxury/performance SUVs like the Q5 or X3...

Saying the Q5 is a lesser vehicle to the RX because its not as isolated and refined speaks again to YOUR values not the merits of the RX or the Q5 because they are different vehicles...the RX is obviously more "your type of vehicle". That does not mean the Q5 is diminished as a vehicle-but you put it out there as such.
There you go again. You want to take the MMARSHALL out of the MMARSHALL reviews? Don't. Please.
Old 01-14-14, 03:37 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by chikoo
does the new IS have full flat folding rear seats now? I was in shock when I got my IS that it did not.
yes, even hybrid... they dont fold perfectly but there is big space opened up.
Old 01-14-14, 04:11 PM
Hoovey689
Forum Moderator

Received 126 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by chikoo
does the new IS have full flat folding rear seats now? I was in shock when I got my IS that it did not.
yes 60/40 split rear seats
Old 08-30-14, 03:11 PM
Trexus
Forum Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

They'll do the same thing with the RX. You'll see a better quality interior, because looking at vehicles like the Highlander Toyota seems to have seen the error of their ways, and I think you'll see it look a little sportier and feel a little sportier. I do also really think it will have three rows...
I agree Lexus will make the RX with better interior quality, make it a look a little sportier and feel a little sportier but not sure if Lexus will add a third row to the RX. Only time will tell if Lexus add another CUV (TX) which would add a third row to a unibody CUV or if Lexus will take the RX and increase it's size to include a third row...
Old 08-31-14, 09:10 PM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Trexus
I agree Lexus will make the RX with better interior quality, make it a look a little sportier and feel a little sportier but not sure if Lexus will add a third row to the RX. Only time will tell if Lexus add another CUV (TX) which would add a third row to a unibody CUV or if Lexus will take the RX and increase it's size to include a third row...
I hope they do! Especially since they have the smaller NX now.