Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Nissan Sport Sedan Concept

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-14, 04:32 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
The stance is nice, but it really does like the tame G
I mean some people don't like the current Nissan sedans but I even like the Sentra A LOT. I find the Versa hatch pretty well done. In my eyes the Q50 is one of the best looking sedans out at any price range. For whatever reasons it didn't translate with the M/Fuga which actually debuted the new design first but even that car has grown on me.

I honestly don't understand how Nissan's sedans kinda stay under the radar on the internet, I think Nissan has maybe the best Sedan lineup out of all the brands…except maybe Hyundai...

Old 01-01-14, 04:52 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFather
I mean some people don't like the current Nissan sedans but I even like the Sentra A LOT. I find the Versa hatch pretty well done. In my eyes the Q50 is one of the best looking sedans out at any price range. For whatever reasons it didn't translate with the M/Fuga which actually debuted the new design first but even that car has grown on me.

I honestly don't understand how Nissan's sedans kinda stay under the radar on the internet, I think Nissan has maybe the best Sedan lineup out of all the brands…except maybe Hyundai...
Don't get me wrong, Nissan sedans have always been competent but other than the Altima have typically trailed Toyota and Honda. Mazda and their 3 and 6 also have the same competencies and a little more design flare but still doesn't translate as much as one would think to sales goals. The latest Altima is a sleek vehicle and has some great merits in both efficiency and cabin detail. Sentra is like a scaled down version but sadly Nissan hasn't pushed SE-R / Spec-V to compete with Si, GTI etc.. And as for the current Maxima, if it weren't for the sharp headlights the body is about as plain as a Passat to me. Q50 despite the tech issues is a home run IMO, design, usability, performance and fit and finish. The M/Fuga is a nice car but it doesn't do anything to standout from the competition. Hopefully a refresh or new gen with Q50 knowledge can help refine the car.
Old 01-01-14, 04:56 PM
LexFather

Don't get me wrong, Nissan sedans have always been competent but other than the Altima have typically trailed Toyota and Honda. Mazda and their 3 and 6 also have the same competencies and a little more design flare but still doesn't translate as much as one would think to sales goals. The latest Altima is a sleek vehicle and has some great merits in both efficiency and cabin detail. Sentra is like a scaled down version but sadly Nissan hasn't pushed SE-R / Spec-V to compete with Si, GTI etc.. And as for the current Maxima, if it weren't for the sharp headlights the body is about as plain as a Passat to me. Q50 despite the tech issues is a home run IMO, design, usability, performance and fit and finish. The M/Fuga is a nice car but it doesn't do anything to standout from the competition. Hopefully a refresh or new gen with Q50 knowledge can help refine the car.
Good post…I guess I was mainly talking about design, which I really like for the most part. The SUVs….that is a WHOLE different story

Old 01-01-14, 07:45 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my view the Altima dusts the Camry every which way. The Accord is pretty much the benchmark in this segment. The Maxima is a solid sedan. It;s one of those sedan design that I can recognize intently form almost any distance. And in no way would I say it's as generic as the Passat which I still have trouble distinguishing from a Jetta.

I've seen a few of the new Rogues on the street and it looks very nice for what it is. Way better done than the CR-V. RAV 4 is a mixed bag... aggressive but not particularly pretty front end but nice side profile. Hate the interior design. My problem with Nissan is the CVT in their utes.

Last edited by speedflex; 01-01-14 at 07:50 PM.
Old 01-01-14, 10:05 PM
mordecai
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm, I don't think the new Nissan grille fits this sedan. It's too narrow and upright.
Old 01-04-14, 01:47 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

I know Nissan fans are hoping this will become a RWD Maxima in the future.
Old 01-04-14, 03:07 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by Vh_Supra26
I know Nissan fans are hoping this will become a RWD Maxima in the future.
They are, but they'll keep dreaming because people would forget the Q50 and go for the slightly cheaper RWD Maxima no doubt
Old 01-04-14, 03:36 PM
Initial B
Lead Lap

the "4-door sports car" slogan is one of the most insulting in the auto industry, IMO. Maybe if they offered an AWD option it would be somewhat truthful, but if it remains FWD-only, then I will just continue to roll my eyes at this car. zero interest in it, along with any other FWD sedan.

BTW, I agree on the new Rogue - looks MUCH better
Old 01-04-14, 08:11 PM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

They are, but they'll keep dreaming because people would forget the Q50 and go for the slightly cheaper RWD Maxima no doubt
My local Infiniti sales guy has in interesting perspective. The next Maxima will also have an Infiniti version: Q40. It will be front wheel drive with a CVT. USA Infiniti needs a volume seller like the old I30 which kept Infiniti dealers open during the bad days. They think the J35 (QX60) proves that will work.
Old 01-04-14, 10:40 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by oldcajun
My local Infiniti sales guy has in interesting perspective. The next Maxima will also have an Infiniti version: Q40. It will be front wheel drive with a CVT. USA Infiniti needs a volume seller like the old I30 which kept Infiniti dealers open during the bad days. They think the J35 (QX60) proves that will work.
So Lexus ES, Acura TL, Buick Lacrosse, S80 and MKZ will have a new entry to play with
Old 01-04-14, 10:59 PM
LexFather

Interesting oldcajun!

The QX is 7 seater for a pretty cheap price and again, most ANY SUV sells no matter how bland, ugly or average. Sedans are a lot tougher sell.

We heard the Q30 small hatch is coming, a FWD MAxima Q40 would be interesting, not sure if it would help sales or canabalize Q50 sales much like the G37 does.

It would be an interesting 180 since they canned the FWD I35 years ago based on the Maxima.

Old 01-05-14, 01:42 AM
Tantrix
Lead Lap

a little off topic, but the new upcoming 2015 mustang surely does make the nissan GTR design look really really old and dated. I'd drop 50k for a 2015 mustang 5.0 over the 80k GTR any day. I mean, it makes the GTR look like it was designed by a 7 year old. Nothing about it is exciting after looking at the 2015 mustang.
Old 01-05-14, 12:03 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by Tantrix
a little off topic, but the new upcoming 2015 mustang surely does make the nissan GTR design look really really old and dated. I'd drop 50k for a 2015 mustang 5.0 over the 80k GTR any day. I mean, it makes the GTR look like it was designed by a 7 year old. Nothing about it is exciting after looking at the 2015 mustang.
The GT-R is $99,950* starting now
Old 01-05-14, 12:40 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Tantrix
Try a lot off topic.

Anyway, don't see how the two are even comparable. And unless the Mustang has performance to match the GTR it's even more useless to pit the two in any way. If we're just talking styling and design then keep in mind that the GTR is now 6-7 years old and nearing the end of this generation.
Old 01-05-14, 03:15 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah, same reason why Toyota killed off the Cressida.

Quick Reply: Nissan Sport Sedan Concept