Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

1jz vvti compression

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-13, 01:53 AM
optionjz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1jz vvti compression

so, my car is burning oil and it's driving me crazy.. it came down to the valve seals or the piston rings..

The car puffs oil out after the end of revs, and on decel, even the slightest blip of the throttle would puff out a little smoke. Its defiantly oil.

anyways i did a compression check tonight and came across 120psi on all cylinders.. i thought it was rather low, and though maybe the compression tester just reads low.. BUT i did add oil to one of the cylinders to see if it would make a difference. I repeated the test on the cylinder i added oil into and the tester read much higher, like 180psi.

i didn't continue on the rest of the pistons because of anger, but by doing this test, are my rings fried?

all the cylinders are consistent at 120psi.

at 1:30 you can see the smoke on decel, while its on the dyno.

P.S- for some reason video isn't working go to-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1BqUlsjXww&feature=c4-overview&list=UUCtLzg1wRhZXtWyZVQfc2hQ

the car did 310whp with stock turbo at 15psi.. which confuses me if the rings are so shot, IF SHOT..?

Last edited by optionjz; 12-21-13 at 01:56 AM.