Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2014/2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-14, 08:35 PM
Nights
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
I find this to be an issue with a lot of MB designs without the sport trim. For instance, the base E Class with no sport trim looks terribly cheap and plain IMHO, even the base S Class with the base wheels looks a little plain I think.

Since most of them running around are base models...makes them look plain.
I agree.

Starting to see the new C class around, and they really need the AMG kit to sharpen up the car a bit. The base spec one looks quite plain and a bit "rounded" - sort of soft looking.
Old 09-29-14, 11:11 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Nights
I agree.

Starting to see the new C class around, and they really need the AMG kit to sharpen up the car a bit. The base spec one looks quite plain and a bit "rounded" - sort of soft looking.
Well luxury is about being soft, supple and plush
Old 09-30-14, 09:50 AM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We love the make over that Mercedes gave the C-Class and we are very excited to see the new C63 AMG. Who knows, we just might have to get one for ourselves.

Old 09-30-14, 05:13 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Could use a drop, but nice nonetheless
Old 10-10-14, 06:58 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Mercedes-AMG C63 Saloon and Estate Priced in the UK

Fans of Mercedes performance saloons from the UK can rejoice! The new AMG C63 has officially received its pricing information for both the saloon and estate models.

Offered in a total of four variants (the two body styles and S or non-S), the C63 starts at a smidgen under £60,000. Standard kit includes Nappa leather-clad AMG sports seats, a three-spoke steering wheel, a mechanical locking rear diff, dynamic engine mounts, a subtle rear spoiler and 18-inch rims riding on 245/40 tires up front and wider 265-section at the back.

Should you be interested in plumping for the S model, with its 33 extra horsepower, it also adds 19-inch rims with 245/35 and 265/35 tires respectively. Brakes are also bumped in size for the S and the rear diff also gains electronic control (and a “Race” function).

As you can imagine, there are dozens of other features/upgrades that can be added, including full LED “Intelligent Light System,” ceramic brakes, a variable exhaust system, head-up display or a high-end Burmeister surround sound system.

An Edition 1 variant is also available in the UK for the very first time.

Check out the full price list in the gallery below.
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/10/mer...nd-estate.html
Old 10-10-14, 06:59 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default New Mercedes-AMG C63 Edition 1 Shows its Red Lace in Paris

Click here to view more photos

Mercedes-Benz showed the new limited C63 AMG Edition 1 in the flesh at the Paris Auto Show this week.

Like all Edition 1 models from Benz, the special C63 AMG relies on a host of exclusive design and equipment features to stand out from the regular versions of the series, with availability limited to the first year of production.

The Edition 1 package is offered on both the 470hp (476PS) C63 and 503hp (510PS) C63 S in either sedan or Wagon body style.

The most obvious changes on the outside over the regular C63s include the red accents on the radiator grille, door mirrors and the new 19-inch forged alloy wheels that are painted matte black. There are also grey decals on the side skirts, and gloss black and carbon fiber trimmings and accents.

You also get a black nappa lather interior with diamond pattern and red contrasting stitching, red seatbelts, a flat-bottom steering wheel in DINAMICA microfibre with red 12-o’clock marking and red contrasting stitching, plus numerous other bespoke touches for the trims.
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/10/new...n-1-shows.html
Old 10-10-14, 06:59 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Mercedes C-Class gains sporty new styling accessories in Paris

Interior accessories also announced

Mercedes has introduced a range of styling accessories for the C-Class sedan at the Paris Motor Show.

Starting with the exterior, the car can be equipped with a number of polyurethane components including a front lip spoiler, a roof-mounted spoiler and a trunk-mounted spoiler. Customers can also order a Mercedes star emblemwhich is illuminated by fiber-optic cables and LED lights. This particular model also features black mirror caps and 19-inch alloy wheels.

To spruce up the cabin, Mercedes offers illuminated "SPORT" sill plates and stainless steel pedals with slip-resistant inserts. Owners can also buy an iPad docking station, a folding rear tray table and a Garmin MAP PILOT navigation system. Other options include a coat hanger and a bag hook.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11410038...accessories-in
Old 10-10-14, 07:00 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Carlsson's Take on New Mercedes-Benz C-Class AMG Sport

Carlsson has introduced a series of upgrades for the most athletic trim level available on the new Mercedes-Benz C-Class range, the AMG Sport.

The complete styling package includes a front lip apron that attaches on the bumper, a boot lid spoiler that hovers over the tail lamps, and a rear diffuser available in all sorts of colors that creates space for the new four-pipe exhaust system.

There are several alloy wheel options to choose from, such as the Carlsson 1/10 wheel available in both Brilliant and Titanium Editions in 18, 19 and 20-inch diameter, the 1/10 Graphite Edition in 19 and 20 inch sizes, and the 1/16 RS in Diamond and Titanium Editions in 18, 19 and 20-inch sizes.

For the suspension, the German tuner offers two set ups, a basic version with four sports springs that lower the ride height by 30mm and a height adjustable coil-over kit.

The sky's the limit when it comes to the interior as Carlsson says it can dress the cabin in whatever leathers and trims you like, from standard offerings to custom made fittings. Other options include illuminated floor mats and aluminum pedal sets.

Carlsson said it is currently working on performance improvements for all the engine variants of the W205 series.
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/09/car...es-benz-c.html
Old 10-10-14, 07:06 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian@Vossen
We love the make over that Mercedes gave the C-Class and we are very excited to see the new C63 AMG. Who knows, we just might have to get one for ourselves.

brian, that looks GREAT.

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Could use a drop, but nice nonetheless
no it doesn't (unless maybe 1/2" or something) - don't need another slammed vehicle.
Old 10-10-14, 07:42 AM
doge
Formerly Bad Co

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A few guys on mbworld have a ratio for e.u/u.k to u.s pricing. Its proved pretty accurate. They thinking the c63 will start at around 65-66k USD and the S package will be somewhere around 71kusd.

The S package replaces the old P31 package, which gave the car a power pump, lsd, and bigger brakes.
Old 11-04-14, 11:10 PM
peteharvey
Lead Lap

Received 449 Likes on 294 Posts
Default C Class or GS350?

I was going to buy a metallic red GS350 luxury with a black leather interior [to hide the interior lines], however my friends keep pressing me to buy the "gorgeous" new C Class! Gorgeous inside and out, with good aluminium content, and future-proof fuel consumption/mileage.

The only question is that I had a lot of heater, ignition switch, and alternator problems with my old 2002 C Class with a 2.6L 90 degree V6, and the plastics are now sweating an oil-like substrate. Do you think the all new 2014-2021 W205 C Class will be a reasonably reliable series? Or will it be like my 2000-2007 series of C Classes ?
Old 11-05-14, 02:46 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Originally Posted by peteharvey
I was going to buy a metallic red GS350 luxury with a black leather interior [to hide the interior lines], however my friends keep pressing me to buy the "gorgeous" new C Class! Gorgeous inside and out, with good aluminium content, and future-proof fuel consumption/mileage.
I just drove a new C not two hours ago, I'm going to post a thread about it.

I loved it, BUT its not a car I would buy over the GS. After driving it I got right back into my luxury GS and drove home, so I made a direct comparison. The GS is bigger, more substantial, rides better, the difference is just what it is...the GS is one segment up from the C Class and thats very clear when you drive them back to back.

I would unquestionably buy a C Class over an IS, but its not something I would ever trade my GS on. I kinda thought maybe it could be because I too think its a great looking car, but its not.
Old 11-29-14, 10:47 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Brabus Pumps More Style and Power Into New Mercedes C-Class

Click here to view more photos

Following updates for the Mercedes-Benz C-Class in standard specification or with Avantgarde or Exclusive Package, Brabus has released styling and performance upgrades for vehicles equipped ex-factory with AMG body styling.

Brabus’ designers have developed detachable components including a sharp front spoiler that fits on the lower part of the AMG Line bumper, a rear spoiler and a diffuser-look rear bumper insert which houses the four chrome-plated tailpipes of the Brabus sports exhaust system.

Exterior enhancements also include the Brabus Monoblock wheels, offered in various designs and diameters (18, 19 or 20 inches). For those who want to improve the C-Class’ handling characteristics, Brabus offers sports suspensions developed jointly with Bilstein, sports springs (which lower the ride height by about 30mm), as well as a control module that lowers ride height on models equipped ex-factory with Airmatic air suspension.

In terms of performance, Brabus offers several power kits for petrol versions of the C-Class. The C180 gets an extra 21PS (20hp) with the Brabus PowerXtra B18.2 package, boosting output from 156PS (154hp) to 177PS (174 hp). Peak torque is also boosted from 250 to 300Nm (184 to 221lb-ft), resulting in an improved 0-100 km/h (62 mph) sprint time of 8.4 seconds and a top speed of 230 km/h (143 mph).

The Brabus PowerXtra B20.2 performance kit offered for the C200 boosts power by 41PS (40hp) and torque by 30Nm (22lb-ft), for a maximum power output of 225PS (221hp) and a peak torque of 330Nm (243lb-ft). With this kit, the Mercedes-Benz C200 sprints from 0 to 100 km/h in just 7 seconds, and reaches a top speed of 242 km/h (150 mph). Performance kits for diesel versions are still under development.

As for interior upgrades, Brabus offers fine leather interiors and custom accessories such as aluminum pedals and velour floor mats with Brabus logo.
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/11/bra...ower-into.html
Old 11-30-14, 03:06 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Now I have seen couple of them in real life in standard trim. The proportion is not attractive and the automatic shutter grill looks weird from afar.
Old 11-30-14, 05:55 AM
SexyElaine
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had a few friends go to the MB dealership to look at the 2015 C's and though they all liked what they saw .......... not one left signing papers

Looks as if the dealership for now anyways is sticking with MSRP pricing since they're new but each of my friends just couldn't stomach paying over $50K for these !?!?

Quick Reply: 2014/2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Thread