Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2014/2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-16, 04:32 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

If you're talking about the current C-class, yours would be assembled in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. The very early builds were shoddy in the exterior panel fit department but the later ones have been up to par. Reliability seems fine although there still seems to be glitches with COMAND every now and then. These models are still relatively new so take that for what its worth.
Old 02-11-16, 09:14 AM
sears1234
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by peteharvey
I'm interested in buying a C300 sedan for oldies.
Does anyone know how reliable these C Classes are these days?
Are they assembled in Germany or South Africa etc?

I had a 2000-2007 C240 2.6 that sort of fell apart, but I'm not sure if Benz has improved significantly since then?

http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/vehicl...C/model-C300WB
If you are interested of Mercedes, why don't you ask this question in MB forum?
Old 02-12-16, 09:45 AM
peteharvey
Lead Lap

Received 449 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by sears1234
If you are interested of Mercedes, why don't you ask this question in MB forum?
I did ask in Benz forum about six weeks ago, but got very iffy answers; maybe the new C Class hasn't been out long enough?

Meanwhile JD Power simply gives a "predicted" reliability 3-star rating which doesn't really give much detail.
JD Power gives the IS a 5-star reliability rating if I remember correctly.
Old 10-05-16, 08:02 PM
gymratter
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carlex Adds Red & Black Leather Combo To Mercedes C-Class Cabin

With arguably the most luxurious interior in its segment, the Mercedes-Benz C-Class can still be taken to new heights in terms of adding better-looking materials and patterns.

With that in mind, Polish tuner Carlex Design had this C-Class Estate in their workshop recently and upholstered it in black & red leather as well as geometric embroidery on the seats and door panels.

The overall design does remind us a little bit of a Brabus tune, but without any of the aluminum or carbon fiber inserts. It's also more toned down than most Carlex interiorswe're used to, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

The tuner stated that this project is a "combination of minimalism with a sporty look,"which is probably why they didn't use even more leather, plus a whole lot of Alcantara as they usually do.
http://www.carscoops.com/2016/10/car...-combo-to.html

Old 10-06-16, 01:30 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Overdone in my opinion. Too many angles, gashes, textures, and shapes. Puffy side door panels also look like cheap soccer gear padding.
Old 10-06-16, 06:42 PM
peteharvey
Lead Lap

Received 449 Likes on 294 Posts

I find that Benz's new diamond-checked leather styling is too old school for contemporary tastes - am I right?
Old 10-07-16, 06:04 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts

I find that Benz's new diamond-checked leather styling is too old school for contemporary tastes - am I right?
Quite the contrary, it's very in right now.
Old 10-09-16, 11:11 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Old school like what? Has Lexus ever done a diamond styled leather? I actually really like most Mercedes products, however I will say that I am a little sticker shocked by some of the prices they charge for some of the materials you get.
Old 10-09-16, 01:02 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

The diamond pattern interiors are indeed old school and also in again. In my opinion, the 70's look meshing with today's look is an unattractive clash.
Old 10-10-16, 03:52 PM
gymratter
Lead Lap

Default 2018 Mercedes-AMG C63 R Coupe Spied In All Its Might

This, ladies and gents, is the BMW M4 GTS’ worst nightmare - or at least that's what Mercedes is hoping the R version of its C63 Coupe that's been snapped on the Nurburgring will turn out to be.

Until it decides to re-introduce the (currently defunct) Black Series, it seems like the “R”-branded variants will be on top of the German car maker’s food chain. The first model unveiled wearing the high-performance letter was the Mercedes AMG GT R, and it looks like the C-Class Coupe’s most powerful variant will soon follow with a track-focused model of its own.

Sporting a more aggressive, aerodynamically-enhanced body kit (with a carbon-fiber rear wing), the C63 R will presumably draw its power from the same twin-turbocharged, 4.0-litre V8. Exactly how much power it will draw remains unknown, but it will most certainly be more than the C63 S’ 510 PS (503 bhp) and, presumably, less than the AMG GT R’s 585 PS (577 bhp).

We’ll probably find out more details about the car in the following months, but by the looks and the sound of it, the C63 R will give the M4 GTS something to think about.
http://www.carscoops.com/2016/10/201...-spied-in.html
Old 10-12-16, 10:27 AM
gymratter
Lead Lap

Default New Mercedes C-Class Cabrio Review Sells Us On A Well-Balanced Car

Since getting a convertible typically leads to certain compromises such as rear passenger comfort and perhaps practicality, cars that offer you the best of both worlds are highly appreciated.

And that's what Carwow's Mat Watsonseems to think about the 2017 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Cabriolet after his in-depth review. He found it just as good to drive as the Coupe, with plenty of storage spaces and decent space in the back and in the boot.

You also get plenty of nice features that will make driving with the top down more pleasurable - we're talking about the Airscarf system and the Aircap wind deflector.

Since this car is the C 220d diesel version, you'll definitely need to upgrade to a punchier petrol model if you're looking to get any type of engaging exhaust noise out of it. However, if economy is what you're after, Watson recommends either the C 220d or the more powerful 250d version.

If you click to watch the practicality review as well, you'll see just how easy it is to feat a child seat in the back of the C-Class Cabrio, and just how spacious its boot is.

Still, there were a few negatives, as is the case with most cars - such as the fact that you can only open the boot from the inside or using the key (there's no handle at the back to pop it open), or how the wind deflector will obscure the rear parking sensors.

With all that in mind, let us know if you'd rather have the Merc over any of its direct rivals.
http://www.carscoops.com/2016/10/new...io-review.html
Old 10-19-16, 06:37 PM
gymratter
Lead Lap

Default Mercedes-Benz C-Class Receives S-Class Inspired Ambient Lighting

The Mercedes-Benz C-Class is now available with a selection of components inspired by the range-topping S-Class as part of the 'Ambience Pack'.

Available to purchase since October 6, the Ambience Pack combines the seat comfort package with heat and sound-absorbing acoustic glass and ambient lighting.

The seat comfort package consists of plush driver and front passenger seats with electro-pneumatic 4-way lumbar support and multiple modes of adjustment. The comfort of passenger is increased further by the acoustic glass which Mercedes-Benz Passion Blog says reduces cockpit noise by up to 10 decibels.

As for the ambient lighting, it was first introduced by the S-Class before trickling down to the E-Class and now the C-Class. It consists of 3 selectable colors and five different brightness levels and adds some opulence to the door panels, center console, door sill trims, cupholders and footwells.

All derivatives of the C-Class can be optioned with the Ambience Pack.
http://www.carscoops.com/2016/10/mer...s-s-class.html